Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
What is wrong with Larian? Why is this so hard to do?

Why isn't Wares shared among all the companions in the party?
Why must I move EACH. SINGLE. ITEM. And drag it to the other inventory so the idiot NPC can buy it?
Why can't I multi-select? Drag a highlighting box over the items I want selected and move them to another location?
Why does EVERY. SINGLE. USEABLE. ITEM assault my action bar? And if I want to lock? Well it locks absolutely everything. Why not allow me to hold shift so I can just swap one icon for another?
Why is Larian so determined to waste my time with all these useless clicking and scrolling? Why? I thought this was the update that was supposed to fix all this!? I am sorry but its been months, this is basic stuff.

Every time I open my inventory or pick up a scroll I have externally groan because I know all it does is make me waste my time clicking.
It makes me sick to even open that huge list of item crap.

Why not put a backpack icon down there and let me customize it? Think WoW. I can have my herbs bag, my alcohol bag, my ingredients bag. Allow me to increase the slots and how many categories I can make and done. Its so damn simple Larian. It blows my mind you refuse to do this.

If such a basic and elementary concept escapes you what else is coming for the rest of the game? The game is fine, my performance has dropped at least 20 fps but whatever, its early access I can accept that.
But this was your biggest update, you made a whole show about ALL THE AMAZING IMPROVEMENTS!!!! But this is it? This is the best you can do? Something as basic as inventory management is too difficult to deal with?

What are going to do with Story? Character and armor models? The janky animations? I tell myself "Yeah its early access! Its all going to get fixed" But is it?
You are barely addressing something as simple as inventory. How in the world are you going to deal with the rest?

Sorry I needed to vent but enough is enough someone needs to call BS when they see it.

Last edited by Eddiar; 04/03/21 01:12 AM.
P
addict
addict
P
I just get a backpack, put the crap in there and then you can open it and instant transfer it all to the character you have selected. Never really ran into any performance issues myself though. I would say if your having "janky" animations, you might want to check your video card drivers because again they are pretty smooth for me. Glad your big rant made you feel better though wink

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Janky animations as in my character grabbing the blade when Astarion jumps you or those dragon scenes where he floats. Fan made animations look better.

As for your backpack thing, no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like a player work around the dumb system Larian has designed.
I have to throw everything on the ground and have another character pic it up because the interface is so terrible.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Eddiar
Janky animations as in my character grabbing the blade when Astarion jumps you or those dragon scenes where he floats. Fan made animations look better.

As for your backpack thing, no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like a player work around the dumb system Larian has designed.
I have to throw everything on the ground and have another character pic it up because the interface is so terrible.

Ah yeah have to agree about that animation, and the one where you elbow him at camp is God awful as well. You know you can pick up backpacks right? Simply pick up a backpack, move junk in it (yeah I agree should just be able to double click when it is open but you have to drag it atm but you can move the bag close). Then when you go to sell, I use the highest charisma player for best price. So highlight that character, open the bag on your main character and there is a button that says take all items. Then it moves it to the selling character all at once. I guess you could call it a work around, but it works. I hope they get around to fine tuning the inventory, but I doubt it.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Originally Posted by Eddiar

Ah yeah have to agree about that animation, and the one where you elbow him at camp is God awful as well. You know you can pick up backpacks right? Simply pick up a backpack, move junk in it (yeah I agree should just be able to double click when it is open but you have to drag it atm but you can move the bag close). Then when you go to sell, I use the highest charisma player for best price. So highlight that character, open the bag on your main character and there is a button that says take all items. Then it moves it to the selling character all at once. I guess you could call it a work around, but it works. I hope they get around to fine tuning the inventory, but I doubt it.

The thing is for selling things all wares should be shared by all characters. Thats their whole point.
This whole exercise of moving things one by one or having one person carry all the items because it is easier to sell later is tedious and dumb.

veteran
veteran
It's improving, but agree. We need multi-select features so you can hold shift or control and select all items to transfer. Then drag and drop all.

And my game works fine except in inventory. It suddenly slows to a crawl.

P
addict
addict
P
Or just offer a sell junk setting, that would be nice as well.

Ysh Offline
stranger
stranger
Couldn't agree more.

I guess you could take a look : At this thread referring to UI

G
addict
addict
G
Or just don't include junk in the game.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
You can double click on items to sell or buy them, much easier than dragging and dropping. Its not documented anywhere I discovered it by accident.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Damn backpacks should also be weight reduction items - one thing Solasta has dome properly.

old hand
old hand
Larian has, unfortunately, not in any single game I've played by them managed to create a decent inventory system that is smooth and intuitive to use without making itself a chore or a hassle. They're still twenty years behind on this issue.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
My gripe with the inventory is the amount of trash loot you have to deal with. Spoons, inks, quills, candles... all kinds of garbage that serves no purpose other than to make you waste time dealing with it.

And I don't like the magic pockets feature where the inventory is effectively shared even in combat. Characters in combat shouldn't be able to use each others potions and items. We can already throw any item, so mechanically you can transfer them in combat. How you distribute the items between party members should be a meaningful choice in the game. Outside combat this kind of convenience is ok.

Last edited by 1varangian; 04/03/21 04:09 PM.
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Damn backpacks should also be weight reduction items - one thing Solasta has dome properly.

Unless it is a magical item, how would just putting objects in a backpack reduce the weight?

veteran
veteran
Everyone hate this system but the silent majority never talked about it so... what do you expect ?

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
stranger
stranger
S
I love Larian but their inventory systems are always awful. I really dont get it. They patch it constantly and still can't create simple functionalities. Its always a mess with tons of crap.

Last edited by Salto89; 04/03/21 07:17 PM.
addict
addict
Just give us a shared inventory Larian, with the combined carrying capacity of the party.

As I've stated before potions, scrolls, etc. should be equipped to a small bag, in the equipment menu. This would also prevent the HUD from getting cluttered with every scroll and potion the party picks up along the way.

veteran
veteran

Unless it is a magical item, how would just putting objects in a backpack reduce the weight?
Agreed

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Agreed

In Solasta, backpacks are worn items, and magical versions, in the vein of bags of holding exist- reducing weight by a certain %.

If Larian is going to give us backpacks all over the place, they might as well serve some modicum of usefulness. They don't seem interested in giving us the old school BG2 scroll cases, potion cases, quivers and bags of holding that brought some level of organization to inventories.

It's certainly more useful than another fork or carrot.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Just give us a shared inventory Larian, with the combined carrying capacity of the party.

As I've stated before potions, scrolls, etc. should be equipped to a small bag, in the equipment menu. This would also prevent the HUD from getting cluttered with every scroll and potion the party picks up along the way.

I went in early and turned that crap off in the options. That got annoying as hell, but at least I could turn it off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard