Next Thread
Print Thread
A
adkfina Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Hey guys I know this is a longshot and will need the approval of wizards of the coast and alot of red tape but I have a new class suggestion and that is the cratemaster. The cratemaster is a character literally inundated with crates (lore friendly) able to dual wield crates and to summon a barrage of wild crates at enemies as a special cantrip, upgrading at levels to double plywood and higher. As support they become the crate and provide a random relief item for the party, once a day, typically nothing, maybe 1 gold piece or a carrot sometimes. Let me know what you guys think.

G
addict
addict
G
I mean, the next step is clearly to add Crate as a race.

P
addict
addict
P
I checked the homebrew sections on dnd beyond and didn't see any crate race or crate master/mancer, and I'm honestly now kind of disappointed.

addict
addict
I'm sure the class could be carefully balanced to avoid being a walking exploit during combat. Though I fear the random relief feature would break the game's economy : normally, if you want gold, you've got to search and find items to sell, if you want HP, you've got to use a spell or manage to get a long rest.

A
adkfina Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
I'm sure the class could be carefully balanced to avoid being a walking exploit during combat. Though I fear the random relief feature would break the game's economy : normally, if you want gold, you've got to search and find items to sell, if you want HP, you've got to use a spell or manage to get a long rest.

I hear you. How about instead of a carrot it's fixed it at 1 whole watermelon. That way it discourages gold exploits because it weighs a metric ton (lore friendly) and you can still eat the whole thing in combat and gain maybe 1 HP.

addict
addict
Watermelon sounds like the way to go.

For all the combat implications of throwing or wielding crates, I'm fully confident it can work, with small tweaks to hit chance, damage, etc. It was really the carrot that, I think, would have thrown the resource management (in particular HP vs spell slots) and general adventuring balance through the window.

Link Copied to Clipboard