Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anfindel
In Solasta, backpacks are worn items, and magical versions, in the vein of bags of holding exist- reducing weight by a certain %.
Cant care less about what they do in some completely different game. :-/

They don't seem interested in giving us the old school BG2 scroll cases, potion cases, quivers and bags of holding that brought some level of organization to inventories.
Hey they need to keep something for moders comunity aswell. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
In Solasta, backpacks are worn items, and magical versions, in the vein of bags of holding exist- reducing weight by a certain %.
Cant care less about what they do in some completely different game. :-/

He was answering the question posed by the person you had just agreed with. They asked how, unless it's a magical item, backpacks can be a weight reduction item. You said "Agreed" to that question, and then Anfidel gave an answer to that question.

As for whether or not care about what they do in Solasta (thank you for saying that you CAN'T care less, it kills me when someone says they CAN care less) that's fair, you don't need to care, but I would argue that the existence of Solasta is a rare opportunity for comparison, as these are two games, both in early access, both using the same baseline rules system to emulate the same game. I think comparing the two games and considering what does and doesn't work is a worthwhile endeavour, if for no other reason that it can help zero in on what could be causing frustrations for players. I think both games are trying to be different things in a lot of ways, but ignoring points of comparison feels like the wrong way to go all the same.

veteran
veteran
If Larian is going to give us backpacks all over the place, they might as well serve some modicum of usefulness.
They are! Backpacks are the only way to have a semi functional UI! (aka put backpack on your hotbar, stuff desired items types in there for quick access - arrows, potions, scrolls). I just wish I could do that with skills (maybe you can? I haven't tried that to be honest)! Or have a well design UI. Either would do.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
If Larian is going to give us backpacks all over the place, they might as well serve some modicum of usefulness.
They are! Backpacks are the only way to have a semi functional UI! (aka put backpack on your hotbar, stuff desired items types in there for quick access - arrows, potions, scrolls). I just wish I could do that with skills (maybe you can? I haven't tried that to be honest)! Or have a well design UI. Either would do.

Holy crap that is an amazing idea!
But the problem is still there regarding easy way of transfering loot from one character to another to make better trading.
But backpacks on Action bar is a really good idea. I totally support that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eddiar

But the problem is still there regarding easy way of transfering loot from one character to another to make better trading.

It works I tried yesterday but it's a bandage.
An improved UI would do a better job.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 05/03/21 02:56 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Oh it definitely would be far, far better to have a better dedicated UI for this function.
I was talking about a solution for the problem right now because dealing with this insanely tedious inventory system drives me up the god damn wall.

veteran
veteran
Yes, I don't know, if it was intended or not, but that's the only way I survived D:OS2. It's even better in BG3 as you can loot directly into hotbar. So you see a potion, and you have a potion backpack - you can open the container and drag the item there directly and the potion will be looted and assigned were you want it to be. There are couple drawbacks however, which Larian could fix - tranfering items between characters can be tedious as you need to open containers manually, but what's worse when trading you can't open the container, as you could in BG1&2 - you can only sell the entire backpack. Which means going into backpack before trading manually, and transfering items to you inventory and then trading - which is far more fuss that there needs to be.

There is a mod for D:OS2 that almost singlehandedly improved the game a lot for me if not for one major issue.
https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/355

Essencially, a set of bags that would automatically sort items for you - picked up an arrow? It automatically goes into your arrow bag, and then assigns that bag to your UI and with one click from hotbar you can see all arrows your character carries. The only downside was that it was interfeering with "wares" system, which in the end made IMO more bad then good, with how quickly the items were becoming obsolete in that game.

Frankly, all I want from Larian is to allows us to create "folders" on our hotbar. 1 level spell, 2 level spells, arrows, potions, scrolls. That alone would just make the inventory and hotbar UI... alright?

Last edited by Wormerine; 05/03/21 03:02 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
He was answering the question posed by the person you had just agreed with. They asked how, unless it's a magical item, backpacks can be a weight reduction item. You said "Agreed" to that question, and then Anfidel gave an answer to that question.
It didnt feel like he was answering the question ...
More like he provided example of another game that does exactly what was marked as nonsence.

Unless you concider answer "they do it too, therefore its normal" as explanation. O_o
I dont. :-/

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
but I would argue that the existence of Solasta is a rare opportunity for comparison
Oh even if it may seem like i dont ... i actualy do understand why people do that, but especialy Solasta is mentioned around here sooo f*****g often so its allready anoying. -_-
You cant find any topic that have at least two pages, where is no comparsion to Solasta, usualy there is at least four comparsion per page ... and it makes me so sick so i cant even hear that word without raising blood pressure. :-/

This is one game, that is another one ... you wish them to merge, then buy both developers and publishers and make it merge. -_-

Frankly, all I want from Larian is to allows us to create "folders" on our hotbar. 1 level spell, 2 level spells, arrows, potions, scrolls. That alone would just make the inventory and hotbar UI... alright?
Allowing people to sort things as they want, but dont force people to get used to their sorting?
Count me in! +1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
P
addict
addict
P

Put your loot in a backpack, then open said backpack while highlighting the seller character, and click the button "take all".

addict
addict
Yes, I don't know, if it was intended or not, but that's the only way I survived D:OS2. It's even better in BG3 as you can loot directly into hotbar. So you see a potion, and you have a potion backpack - you can open the container and drag the item there directly and the potion will be looted and assigned were you want it to be. There are couple drawbacks however, which Larian could fix - tranfering items between characters can be tedious as you need to open containers manually, but what's worse when trading you can't open the container, as you could in BG1&2 - you can only sell the entire backpack. Which means going into backpack before trading manually, and transfering items to you inventory and then trading - which is far more fuss that there needs to be.

There is a mod for D:OS2 that almost singlehandedly improved the game a lot for me if not for one major issue.
https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/355

Essencially, a set of bags that would automatically sort items for you - picked up an arrow? It automatically goes into your arrow bag, and then assigns that bag to your UI and with one click from hotbar you can see all arrows your character carries. The only downside was that it was interfeering with "wares" system, which in the end made IMO more bad then good, with how quickly the items were becoming obsolete in that game.

A friend and I tried out that mod too. Our issue was that it was too many bags, we only wanted an arrow bag, a potion bag, and a scroll bag.

There is almost no incentive to sell potions, arrows, grenades, and scrolls. One bag for all of these would have been good for us too. (it's how I usually play the game is dragging them into a bag to bind to the hotbar).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
A friend and I tried out that mod too. Our issue was that it was too many bags, we only wanted an arrow bag, a potion bag, and a scroll bag.

There is almost no incentive to sell potions, arrows, grenades, and scrolls. One bag for all of these would have been good for us too. (it's how I usually play the game is dragging them into a bag to bind to the hotbar).
Yes, I agree. That's why I think some kind of folder system would be ideal (right click on empty hotbar spot - and assign spell level/item type you want to display through it).

I tend to sell those items due to weight limitations. Carry over 20 granades you sporadically use, and it just seems a better idea to sell at least half of them.

journeyman
journeyman
In addition to the problems listed, what makes it even worse for me is sometimes clicking on my mouse doesn't register (not a problem with my mouse—a problem with the game). That makes things extra tedious.

I have this problem with selecting character portraits sometimes, too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard