Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Just found out, that I can poison the goblins in the camp outside of the Shattered Sanctum. Made the fight much easier. I never saw the basin with the beer before.
And I robbed the halfling trader of all her good stuff and money, then killed her (because slaver) and got the money and the good stuff again. It's good to be an adventurer.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Auntie Ethel's storyline and everything surrounding it (tie-in letters, the stoopid Gur, the "sheep"...) is a masterpiece from beginning to end. So mythical, so creepy, what a well-written villain.

The Underdark was... unexpected. I thought that the game would end after the party, but nope, it didn't, and suddenly I'm Alice in Wonderland but make it deadly. Astarion also delivered his most malicious, sheer evil lines to date in there, he's shaping up to be an extraordinary villain if the game branches that way.

I got stuck alone in the Underdark Tower, exploring it to my leisure, and it was a fantastic moment; it almost felt like a different game. Very refreshing.

I liked how sad and lonely the Grove feels after the Tieflings leave; they truly brought a spark to the place that the druids can't recover, and that harp, the abandoned objects, makes the scene feel so melancholic. It was a great touch.

And of course the pets.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, auntie Ethel is a highlight - and tehre isn't really a happy end there. Most of her victims are traumatized, you can't really bring Mayrinas husband back as anything else than a walking corpse and there is the prospect of facing Ethels sisters in the future (at least the one in Baldurs Gate, I guess). The teahouse has one of the best dungeons so far in the game.
And yes, love the Underdark, so beautiful and yet so deadly.

I hope, we will see the Tieflings again in Baldurs Gate. I'm pretty sure, Mol is our introduction into the thieves guild and we might meet Alfira singing in one of the taverns.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just stumbled accidently into the fight against the spider matriarch with nearly no spells left - and survived to tell the tale grin

Doctor Who
P
addict
addict
P
When I let the Bard continue with his tadpole removal procedure and got lobotomized. That made me both cringe and laugh!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Walked into the swamp near Auntie's place with "Speak with Animals" fired up, found out the "sheep" weren't really "sheep" and then never had to fight them.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was just going down to the Underdark from the goblin camp to open up the portal down there and then decided to go for that nice drow armor. Of course the bulette attacked. And somehow I not only mangaed to keep the party alive, but to kill the bulette without it slipping away. Normally it takes me three or four encounters, before I can kill it, because it normally burrows itself and scurries away. Yay, no more pesky bulette for the rest of this playthrough grin

Doctor Who
T
Banned
Banned
T
The Crypt area to enter that place with level 2 party (higher level then that is way to easy). Find the SUPERNATURAL threat and I will not spoil and tell what that is.
Perfect music also in that area and effects when exploring. I like Action and Horror movies.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/02/21 08:58 PM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I finished the playthrough with my tiefling wizard Miya Soral before the new patch arrived, now I'm free to wait for the druid class to land.
Did the Astarion romance with Miya and despite her being mostly good, it kind of worked.

I really was very happy with this character, I might recreate her as a bard, when that class is available.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, that was funny: I saved that guy in teh SHattered Sanctum, who was about to be thrown to the spiders - and then he ran into the moonbeam, my druid conjured and died jawdrop

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
How do you have time to save that guy?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
How do you have time to save that guy?

I don't know. I did all the usual stuff in the temple - taking care of Spike and freeing the prisoner, freeing Volo, robbing and then killing the Zhentarim slaver, talking to Abdirak - and even kill Gut and open the passage to the Underdark.
What I did different this round was, that I haven't freed teh spiders, since that lock is not pickable anymore and when I came to the back of the temple, two goblins were thretening the guy. I fought them and he thanked me and then ran straight into my moonbeam.
I did reload and opened the spider cave with attacks on the door and he came crushing down as always. I think, if you leave the spiders in that cave, you can save him, otherwise not.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I'm gonna have to try to save him myself this playthrough.

I'm also gonna stop him from going full moth

Optimistically Apocalyptic
stranger
stranger
I was attonished when I fought with ogres in the ruinous house.

I placed my wizard in the second floor safely, ready to launch the rest of the party against monster when....plaf, one of the ogres stroke the pillar near to him and then my wizard fell hitting hard and broken his bones.

Incredible IA. Then I thought okay, this is my game.

That's a silly one ..

On my way to go kill the beholder with my Rogue/Solo, I just realized that I can pick pocket the petrified Drows, while being in stealth. You have to do it before the fight start.

@fylimar your "Miya Soral" is really beautiful. smile

Last edited by Starlights; 06/03/21 11:38 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
One "cool" moment is when you going down to the Underdark from the Spider matriarch hole:

I have been trying to screenshot the one where you can see the character landing on her feet for so long, I think I am at my 20th reload ..

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Starlights
That's a silly one ..

On my way to go kill the beholder with my Rogue/Solo, I just realized that I can pick pocket the petrified Drows, while being in stealth. You have to do it before the fight start.

@fylimar your "Miya Soral" is really beautiful. smile

Thank you, she is one of my favorite characters. I might recreate her as a warlock. Or a bard, when that class is available.

I normally destroy the petrified drow before triggering the fight, so that the spectator can't revive them.

I threehitted Ethel yesterday: Astarion started with sbeak attack, then Shadowheart joined in with Inflict wound, then she rolled a good initiative, rolled a crit with IW and Gale gave Ethel the rest with magic missile, while my druid idled away in badger form and didn't even get to attack.
Sneaking is a bit overpowered sometimes.

Last edited by fylimar; 07/03/21 05:40 AM.

Doctor Who
Hi @fylimar,

Originally Posted by fylimar
Thank you, she is one of my favorite characters. I might recreate her as a warlock. Or a bard, when that class is available.

When you say "recreate her", do you mean that you chose the same race with same configuration (head/eyes) with same name but with a different Class ?

thanks !

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Starlights
Hi @fylimar,

Originally Posted by fylimar

When you say "recreate her", do you mean that you chose the same race with same configuration (head/eyes) with same name but with a different Class ?

thanks !

Yes, I already did that in fact. Made her a warlock with a red color scheme, same face and hair, but different tattoo. I'm currently playing my druid still, but after that, I will probabyl play her,

I was lazy in game today, so I barrelmanced Minthara and managed to get the gobbos on the otehr side of the bridge too - it was a really nice firework.
And I do love the cionematic of Shadowhearts romance scene - I never saw that before, since I started playing with patch 3. She is usually my goto romance, as annoying as she can be, I find her romance the most natural to progress.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I had to laugh yesterday. I was in the Underdark and about to get rid of the minotaurs. I had Wyll, Gale, Shadowheart and my rogue Lyra in the party. Wyll summond a mephit to lure the minotaurs to startegic better placwe. But all the little chap had to do is stand there and watch, while the minotaurs and the bulette were fighting. The bulette killed one of the minos and was down to 10 hp, but before I could go in and finish her off, she vanished. We killed off the second mino and started looking for the now injured bulette, but she didn't appear at her usual spots. Still, it was fun.

The last time, the bulette appeared, when I was trying to fight the Hooked Horrors and the mad mage and it was chaos all around. You can say what you want, but the bulette is fun at parties.

Doctor Who
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard