Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
link

My druid is able to cast the dancing lights spell while in animal form (deep rothe).
Is it correct that cows can cast spells?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Madscientist
link

My druid is able to cast the dancing lights spell while in animal form (deep rothe).
Is it correct that cows can cast spells?
Deep rothe have this ability. (at least according to the FR wiki)

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Devil Sight is still not working. You can't attack at range within Darkness and if you try to attack a target outside of Darkness while you're inside it, your PC first tries to walk out of Darkness to attack.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Is mp working normally? I ask because i cant direct connect to some friend since yesterday. Just gives constant failed connection.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 08/03/21 12:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
I was at the entrance of the goblin camp. I wanted to clear the cave near the entrance from traps. Wyll summoned a cat familiar. It detected a trap. It tried to disarm the trap but failed (can cats disarm traps?). Then it walked over the trap and it was killed. I tried to do the same thing again with a rat familiar. Wyll summoned it, it went into the cave and failed to detect something. I had it walk around. When it stepped on a trap it was killed and the game crashed.

This is copied from the crash report I have send.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Auntie Ethel quest is stuck in "get help from Auntie Ethel" even though I killed her. One of my party members was still wearing the mask and Ethel's flock turned hostile to half my party only (neutral to the other 2), and after those party members died/left the normal post combat conversation did not trigger, this may be related.

I also have a permanent quest marker on the entranced tiefling kid that doesn't seem to be associated with any quest and he has nothing to say to me.

Game can crash to desktop without any error message so not sure how to report it.

Also get 2-3 second slowdowns where even the mouse cursor lags like some script is using all cpu, happens very rarely.

Last edited by Monara; 08/03/21 07:52 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Shadowheart and Wyll don't have their tadpole powers. Rest of group does. Was out adventuring and leveled up. Returned to camp and got the dream that gives the powers. Went to level SH and W the next morning and neither had their special goodies before or after advancing. Have slept multiple times since and gotten subsequent dreamage with no change to them. Both had their morning after dialog indicating they had received powers like everyone else.

There is now a permanent spike growth inside the goblin temple. I was offing the bosses and during the fight with Minthara I cast it in the area where she starts and then shifted forms. She knocked me out of my form in the course of combat and the message that I lost concentration flashed up but the spell remained in force with no concentration from me. Even tried casting another concentration spell but the big field of thorns remains and the timer stopped going down as well. Had to wade through it to loot bodies and such. Last I checked it is still there.

Have had several instances of graphic glitches under this patch where the graphics just go all smeared across the screen and you can't see anything anymore. Have to quit and restart the game to fix. This is using Vulkan on a 1660Ti. Don't think I've seen this prior to the patch. Drivers are up to date.

veteran
veteran
link

This weapon does not have the correct icon.

veteran
veteran
link

There is a bug in the goblin temple.
One goblin is inside a cage.
I killed the 3 other goblins in the room.
- In this room and elsewhere, Astarion backstabbed 3 goblins in a row, killing each of them with one hit. Doing this did not make the others hostile, only their reputation goes down.
It feels strange if I kill 3 people in a row and nobody cares.
Sometimes it seems inconsistent when killing someone with a single attack or shove makes others hostile or not.
- After killing the 3, the goblin in the cage thanked me and left. The door of the cage is still locked. It happened the moment all 3 were dead, before I could loot them or open the cage.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Adisplayedname
I've encountered a few bugs since Patch 4 came out :

- Black screen after entering dialogue
- Character model for the Hooded Skeleton duplicating while in dialogue
- Character speaking model freezing while in dialogue
- Dialogue not showing, written as [-]
- Translation not showing (while it did in Patch 3)

Idk if the devs know about them, but I don't think I'm the only one with the black screen, and it's the most game breaking of them all :')
githyanki and got like 5 minutes into play right as i take control of ship and aid hte mindflayer to attach the things that allow for transport screen goes black and thats it , nice game but its very broken atm

stranger
stranger
I had Lae'zel in my party for the encounter with the Githyanki patrol. After the encounter, I dismissed her from the party and now whenever I talk to her in camp she acts like she hasn't been recruited.

When I first recruited her during the encounter with the Tieflings I told her to wait in camp so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. It wasn't until after the Githyanki patrol that she began to display this behaviour.

Lae'zel also didn't have her tadpole powers when she was in the party.

Last edited by Aesir23; 09/03/21 02:51 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
so i appear to be stuck in the goblin camp portion of the questline, the cutscene to free the bear just does not trigger and i cannot talk to anyone else at all. another issue in the same area is that i cannot long rest OR fast travel at all. anyone else have this issue? if so any workarounds?

Originally Posted by King-Crow
Okay so I tracked down the "bug" I've been talking about. (lots of testing, phew!) turns out you can't move items from one inventory to another if the recipient doesn't have enough strength to pick up the item in the first place. I'm not talking about carry capacity, I mean certain heavy items are too heavy to be picked up at all! but there should probably be a UI message that tells you why you can't move an item between characters, pick it up off the ground or out of a chest. because I just spent the better part of an hour testing things before I worked out what the problem was.

Really annoying that you can't give medium+ armor (within carrying capacity) to my vendor character to sell. I'm fine with strength requirements to equip and limits to how much a character can carry, but, if true, this seems silly. Of course, giving Wyll a little more strength would help. Weird companion stats are not one of the things I'm nostalgic about from the earlier games. laugh

Other bugs:

The volume of Alfira's song was really soft during cutscene of her singing. It was normal as I walked up the path toward her, and sound volume hasn't been an issue in other cutscenes.

Sometimes can't give items to characters who have newly joined the party. Fast travel to another location generally resolves this, but isn't always convenient.

Sometimes I'll open the inventory screen and see only numbers (that I can't interpret) instead of icons. Save and reload seems to resolve the issue, but again can be inconvenient.

After entering the Teahouse, couldn't tell Mayrina that I'd seen her brothers' corpses.

I'm generally crashing more than previously. I have a new PC, but I'd expect more memory/faster processor and a hard drive without numerous bad clusters to help, not hurt.

Clicking on a character portrait doesn't always change the selection. Sometimes it takes a few clicks, and it's easy to do something unintended with another character.

Weapon selection seems a little wonky, changing unexpectedly. It's frustrating to have a character you'd set to use her ranged weapon charge in with her rapier.

Edit: Also, Wizard spells learned from scrolls should be treated as known on the level up screen. The character screen shows them as known (and selectable), but the level up screen prompts me to learn them and won't let me select them as prepared spells.

Last edited by Imryll; 09/03/21 09:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
link

It could be improved how temporary hit points are shown.

Wyll has gained 8 temporary hit points. Then he lost 4 of them.
I see two health bars, one is half full, the other one is full.
The portrait says he got 31/31HP.

- It is not easy to see that you have temporary hit points. I had them all the time, but only after he took damage and the portrait was still full I realised that I have 2 health bars.
- A half full health bar for temporary hit points does not make sense. Temporary hit points cannot be healed.
- The number should be shown at the portrait.
When you have 30 hit points, you lose 20 and then you gain 5 temporary hit points it should show 10/30 + 5

veteran
veteran
Strange NPC behaviour: Spiders and goblins fight each other (very slowly) in turns while I am not in combat.

I wanted to free the spiders from the pit in the goblin temple. But the spiders were looking to the goblins so I could not sneak and unlock the door without alarming the goblins. I went to the room above the pit and shot at the closed door between spiders and goblins. The door was gone, nothing else happened.
Then I played around to see what is possible. Wyll sommoned a cat familiar and I used it to pull one goblin after the other into another romm in order to kill them without starting a big fight. It worked. One time my cat used her ability in a position were she attracted the spiders and the goblins in front of the spiders. All of them went to the cats position, then they walked back. When they reached their original position the spiders and the goblins started to fight each other while my party was not in combat. I could see the initiative rolls and then they attacked each other one after the other. The spiders also attacked the zhent merchants.

If the spiders hate the goblins, why don´t they attack once the door is open.
I see no reason why they would only attack another when both leave their position and then return.

note: Could somebody test if the fight also starts when you only pull out the spiders with the cat, without influencing the goblins.
I am already past this point and have no old save.

veteran
veteran
In the camp I talked with Laezel and she told me to find Zorru.
I already have talked to him in the druid grove.

veteran
veteran
link

I am in the goblin temple, in the room where Halsin is imprisoned.
I took an explosive barrel and placed it near two goblins.
Then I used a fire attack on it, it exploded and damaged both goblins.
They came to me and asked if I have something to do with this.
I could convince them I am innocent.

One of the goblins is in a conversation. There is a speach bubble over his head.
But non of my characters is talking (no talk icon over any of them, I can control them all).
The talking goblin is frozen in time. He has burning status but he does not take any damage.

Then I killed all of them without problems.

C
C
Originally Posted by Imryll
Originally Posted by King-Crow
Okay so I tracked down the "bug" I've been talking about. (lots of testing, phew!) turns out you can't move items from one inventory to another if the recipient doesn't have enough strength to pick up the item in the first place. I'm not talking about carry capacity, I mean certain heavy items are too heavy to be picked up at all! but there should probably be a UI message that tells you why you can't move an item between characters, pick it up off the ground or out of a chest. because I just spent the better part of an hour testing things before I worked out what the problem was.

Really annoying that you can't give medium+ armor (within carrying capacity) to my vendor character to sell. I'm fine with strength requirements to equip and limits to how much a character can carry, but, if true, this seems silly. Of course, giving Wyll a little more strength would help. Weird companion stats are not one of the things I'm nostalgic about from the earlier games. laugh

Other bugs:

The volume of Alfira's song was really soft during cutscene of her singing. It was normal as I walked up the path toward her, and sound volume hasn't been an issue in other cutscenes.

Sometimes can't give items to characters who have newly joined the party. Fast travel to another location generally resolves this, but isn't always convenient.

Sometimes I'll open the inventory screen and see only numbers (that I can't interpret) instead of icons. Save and reload seems to resolve the issue, but again can be inconvenient.

After entering the Teahouse, couldn't tell Mayrina that I'd seen her brothers' corpses.

I'm generally crashing more than previously. I have a new PC, but I'd expect more memory/faster processor and a hard drive without numerous bad clusters to help, not hurt.

Clicking on a character portrait doesn't always change the selection. Sometimes it takes a few clicks, and it's easy to do something unintended with another character.

Weapon selection seems a little wonky, changing unexpectedly. It's frustrating to have a character you'd set to use her ranged weapon charge in with her rapier.

Edit: Also, Wizard spells learned from scrolls should be treated as known on the level up screen. The character screen shows them as known (and selectable), but the level up screen prompts me to learn them and won't let me select them as prepared spells.

I'm having all these too

veteran
veteran
link

This goblin is stuck in the fireplace. He does not burn.
I am in combat and he takes forever to finish his turn, much much longer than any other enemy.

for context:
I have sneaked and put poison into their drink. I had them all drink and then convinced them that I did not poison them.
Then I killed the 3 leaders, which turned everyone in the area hostile.
Astarion shoots from the wall, then hides so enemies do nothing at all.
But this one takes forever to skip his turn.

There is another bug.
Almost all remaining NPC in the area join the fight, but one just stands there, does nothing and was not part of the fight. (his portrait was not shown in the turn order).
He stands in the yard and can see all others fight, so its not that he is too far away.
It is Bao-ek-nuk. I play in german, maybe he has another name in english.

Update: I killed the enemy who did not join the last fight with 3 shots of a crossbow from stealth in a row but this did not start combat.

Last edited by Madscientist; 11/03/21 09:44 PM.

veteran
veteran
link

I have killed the goblin leaders and looted all dead goblins. Then I returned to the druid grove.
I see the scene where the tieflings thank me that I have killed the goblins.
During this scene, two lines of his talk were not voiced.

After this scene where I accepted their gift, my inventory looks like this. (see image)

update:
Closing and opening the inventory did not help.
Going to a merchant solves the problem for those chars who were involved in trading (you selected them in the shop screen so they could buy/sell stuff)
The shop did nothing for chars who were not selected during shopping.

Last edited by Madscientist; 11/03/21 10:08 PM.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard