Page 1 of 2 1 2
#760955 28/02/21 03:27 PM
T
Thespen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Anyone know where I can find/buy a 1H club for my Druid so i can use a Shield and my Shillelagh Cantrip to best effect?

Thespen #760999 28/02/21 05:00 PM
Huh, in Early Access only Shattered Flail that you get from the gnoll fight on The Risen Road comes to mind.
https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Shattered+Flail

Thespen #761026 28/02/21 06:31 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
So at the moment druids can not make full of their profiencies, sling are nowhere to be find and clubs are all two handed. frown

T
Thespen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Got a reply on Reddit that answered the question smile

bischenry wrote, I got a nice shield and club from the wood woads in the swamp

I'm always lvl 3 by then but better late than never wink

Thespen #761468 01/03/21 09:58 PM
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Both those are in the design files, but not on any merchant/loot lists, so they never show up. If you are on a PC, you can use this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/58

It will open up slings, along with a lot of other weapons and armor.

I have tested it in patch 4 and works, but only because it is a bunch of loose files, not compiled in PAK format. Patch 4 completely fubarred PAK-formatted mods - not only do they not work, but they also mess up your hotbars.

Fun note: That mod also tweaks the character starting gear, but since it was designed before the druid came out, a druid starts with nothing - no inventory, no clothes, nothing. Fortunately, it is fairly easy to find armor and the nautiloid is littered with weapons. And hey, who needs weapons or clothes when you have Wild Shape?

Thespen #761608 02/03/21 12:14 PM
veteran
veteran
Torches act like one-handed clubs, and with the new Swen-promoted torch auto-light, they're back to being one of the most potent damaging one-hand weapons in the early game, with automatic fire damage.

Niara #761626 02/03/21 01:50 PM
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Niara
Torches act like one-handed clubs, and with the new Swen-promoted torch auto-light, they're back to being one of the most potent damaging one-hand weapons in the early game, with automatic fire damage.

Nasty. One-handed club damage plus 1d4 fire, plus another 1d4 fire on the opponent's turn. Even if one-handed club damage is 1d4, a 3d4 (equivalent) weapon is actually better than a 1d12 or 2d6 weapon. The only thing it doesn't have is plusses.

I wonder if they can be dual wielded... or if you can wield a weapon in the off hand. Time for some experimentation.

Niara #761637 02/03/21 02:58 PM
S
addict
addict
S

Haha yeah. I found out yesterday by mistake. I forgot to switch it out in the dank crypt for Lae’zel and she one shot two skeletons with it.

Thespen #762291 04/03/21 11:49 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmm, i didnt try yet, but maybe all those wooden Swords where WYLL trains the Tiefling Kids are viable Clubs too.
As they do bludgeoning damage not slashing as a normal sword does. Maybe they are coded as Clubs and are readily available as soon as you enter the Druid grove.

Last edited by TheHero; 04/03/21 11:50 AM.
Thespen #762314 04/03/21 01:33 PM
D
D
IIRC, you can buy a club from either the tiefling smith or the halfling druid in Druid's grove - if RNG is nice to you. If not, long rest & try again. Some items in stores are randomly generated after every (long) rest.

Thespen #762317 04/03/21 01:46 PM
old hand
old hand
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Optimistically Apocalyptic
S2PHANE #762514 04/03/21 10:33 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
Huh, in Early Access only Shattered Flail that you get from the gnoll fight on The Risen Road comes to mind.
https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Shattered+Flail

Unfortunately the Shattered Flail isn't a club. It's a mace. So even if you can equip it, you won't be able to cast Shillelagh on it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RBarbare

Nasty. One-handed club damage plus 1d4 fire, plus another 1d4 fire on the opponent's turn. Even if one-handed club damage is 1d4, a 3d4 (equivalent) weapon is actually better than a 1d12 or 2d6 weapon. The only thing it doesn't have is plusses.

I wonder if they can be dual wielded... or if you can wield a weapon in the off hand. Time for some experimentation.

The problem is that they only act like clubs. Since they aren't actually clubs, you can't cast Shillelagh on them to boost their damage and add your Wisdom modifier. It would be sweet if you could. But I do hear there's a one-handed club that drops in the Overgrown Tunnel.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RBarbare

Just use your flame blade in your left hand.
Guess what : you can coat it with poison for an extra 7D6 damages LOL

Right hand : Club + Shillelagh
Left hand + flame Blade.

Bonus : dipping on club (it works, didn't try on the flame blade^^) or poison on both hands.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 04/03/21 11:01 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
DiDiDi #763453 08/03/21 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
IIRC, you can buy a club from either the tiefling smith or the halfling druid in Druid's grove - if RNG is nice to you. If not, long rest & try again. Some items in stores are randomly generated after every (long) rest.

Has anyone confirmed if this is true? I'd love to find a club without having to install a mod into EA. Toches are cool, but really like using shillelagh. smile

Thespen #763514 08/03/21 06:59 PM
old hand
old hand
I bought a club from the Tiefling blacksmith.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
journeyman
journeyman
Yes, but only the two-handed clubs. And if you buy one of the +1 great clubs (it's one of the things that rotates through Dammon's inventory) the +1 carries through after casting shillelagh. So a 1d8 greatclub gives me 1d8+3 after casting shillelagh, and a 1d8+1 greatclub gives me 1d8+4. That's with 17 Wisdom.

But since it's a two-handed weapon, you can't use the flame blade along with it. And none of the vendors sell those. One of the masks in the Overgrown Tunnel - which you pass through to fight the Hag - is supposed to drop a regular one-handed club. The one-handed version is only a 1d4, but shillelagh is supposed to change any club to 1d8+wisdom. That coupled with a flame blade bonus action should do some nice damage. Or you could opt for a shield if you want to boost your armor rating.

I see no +1 version of the one-handed club, but there is supposed to be a Club of Hill Giant Strength in the Arcane Tower. It gives anyone wielding it 15 strength. Which is not a primary attribute for a druid, but could be nice to have. Especially if it means that at creation you can move some points out of strength to wisdom, or whatever other attribute you want to boost.

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Club+of+Hill+Giant+Strength

Thespen #763589 08/03/21 11:52 PM
JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
The wood woads drop one handed clubs. Well, technically I think they're called something like twisted branches, but they seem like seem one hand light clubs that do 1D4. I don't know if that would work for you.

I especially like the look of the organic shield that one of them drops.

JoB #763601 09/03/21 12:58 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Yep! They're called Twisted Branches. I was just coming back to post about that because I just did that encounter for the first time with my Druid. I don't remember those dropping before. Each Wood Woad dropped one. And one of them dropped an Organic Shield, which I also think is new. Same stats as other standard shields, but much more "on brand" for a druid looks-wise, if that's important to you. And if you want a shield for those special times.

Anyway, when I cast shillelagh the 1d4 Twisted Branch does change to 1d8+3 for my druid with 17 Wisdom. But it does not apply if to the second one in your offhand, if you equip both. So you're better off keeping your Twisted Branch in your main hand and moving the Flaming Sword to your off hand. It still shows up as 3d6 Fire under the offhand attack tooltip.

journeyman
journeyman
And if you want more options for one-handed clubs, there's a couple standard clubs that drop during the encounter in the Emerald Grove, where you take out the shadow druids. But I think the twisted branches look better for a druid.

Also, when I finished the encounter Kagha presented me with a blue staff named Paleoak, and named me Faithwarden. This was only the second time I did this encounter when I managed to convince Kagha to come back to the light. Usually I have to kill her. I'm assuming in that case it would be Rath who would present me with the staff. I don't think I've ever seen Rath get killed during this fight. Though if he could die, and both he and Kagha fell, then ... maybe Halsin would give it after saving him?

Anyway, the fight does have more druid flavor now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard