Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Literally.

Like wtf this game is seriously groundbreaking i have never seen anything like it. There is literally nothing like it available on the market and i would associate it with the equivalent of GTA5 but for a RPG. BG3 is the GTA5 for RPGS.

The combat is unreal, the writing is unbelievable, the graphics are the best. It is immersive like no other game before it. It is far better then both BG2 and DOS2 easily, no contest.

To back up my claims BG3 is currently outselling cyberpunk on steam and cyberpunk is in full release and BG3 is in EA.

Due to BG3 apparent success i am hoping to see more from larian involving forgotten realms and D&D.

WOW so impressed

Edit

PS Larian you need to tone done the wokeness in BG3, we dont need all this diversity and equality BS in our faces. In my opinion i generally tune into games like this to tune out from the world and relax i dont want to see political issues thrust in my face. Apart from this well done 100%.

Last edited by teclis23; 07/03/21 12:10 PM.
JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
I'm really enjoying this game. I think it has the potential to be amazing when it's finished.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I refuse to believe this post isn't bait, it's too perfect.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by teclis23
i would associate it with the equivalent of GTA5 but for a RPG. BG3 is the GTA5 for RPGS.
I wouldn’t be that harsh.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by teclis23
i would associate it with the equivalent of GTA5 but for a RPG. BG3 is the GTA5 for RPGS.
I wouldn’t be that harsh.

10/10 for sarcasm. lol. "The GTA5s of RPGs..." OMG if Larian picks up on that, I swear...

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 08/03/21 11:11 AM.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
[quote=mr_planescapist][quote=Wormerine][quote=teclis23]
[/quote]
I wouldn’t be that harsh.[/quote]

10/10 for sarcasm. lol. "The GTA5s of RPGs..." OMG if Larian picks up on that, I swear...[/quote]

Please elaborate?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordGiggles
I refuse to believe this post isn't bait, it's too perfect.

You have to admire form, right? It's perfect. I'm imagining bugs bunny waving a red cape right in front of an anvil.

A
A
Maybe get some hate-addled alt-right thickos to write a game for you then. I'm sure it would be every bit as funny and beautiful and imaginative.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Adiktus
Maybe get some hate-addled alt-right thickos to write a game for you then. I'm sure it would be every bit as funny and beautiful and imaginative.
Let's leave the inflammatory language to other boards, please.

I agree with Op for the most part. Larian is doing a fabulous job on this game and it has potential once released.

The Pol Corr of the game is subtle. I like that. It's not trying to force it down your throat or make it a main part of the storyline. Astarion is a homosexual, yes, but that's not why you would take him in your party. He's also a vampire spawn, so although it seems his preferences steer toward that direction, it's not exactly clear if he's exclusive toward men.(I haven't heard his full story yet, so probably wrong, but not going to make assumptions) When you live that long with an unquenchable thirst for blood and killing, there's not telling which direction you would go in that case.

The times we live in seems to be forcing these personal issues. I can appreciate it when a game, movie or show adds them subtly without it being forced.

old hand
old hand
I both agree and disagree, I think the game is doing a lot of things great. They, to me, nailed the difficult implementation of Speak with Dead and Speak with Animals has good relevance. And some implementations work better in the game, Truestrike on an Eldritch Knight actually is fairly good in the githyanki fight. However, I am still bugged by the direction of how some things are implemented, like Find Familiar. Overall, I think its a positive but could be doing even more to make this a 10/10/

S
addict
addict
S
I suppose it depends upon the origin character’s dream sequence. You should be able to tell their preferences canonically that way.

Gameplay wise they are all bisexual. I don’t like it because I think it waters down their personalities. I’d rather they be hard coded in some manner. But it seems a lot of players want to be able to romance anyone.

And I still don’t understand why people assume Asterion is gay. He’s somewhat effeminate but that’s not a sign of his sexual orientation.

JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
But it seems a lot of players want to be able to romance anyone.

I'm not sure that's true. I suspect that if you actually polled players, you'd find most of them would prefer the companions were, as you put it, hard coded.

addict
addict
In fact, many of us are hungry for new fantasy RPG games. There hasn't been anything new in recent years, so I'm really looking forward to this game.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
They, to me, nailed the difficult implementation of Speak with Dead and Speak with Animals has good relevance.
Not really... Unless amulet that grants "Speak with the Dead" and plentiful potions of "Speak with Animals" are for testing purposes only, Larian once again doesn't actually have balls to make character builds relevant. "Speak with ..." would be interesting indeed, if it was a unique, optional content available only to those who will invest in it. Unless something changed with Druid patch, it is very much like "see ghosts" or "teleport" from D:OS2 - just normal content hidden behind a gimmick.

Last edited by Wormerine; 08/03/21 09:28 PM.
addict
addict
I suppose it depends upon the origin character’s dream sequence. You should be able to tell their preferences canonically that way.

Gameplay wise they are all bisexual. I don’t like it because I think it waters down their personalities. I’d rather they be hard coded in some manner. But it seems a lot of players want to be able to romance anyone.

And I still don’t understand why people assume Asterion is gay. He’s somewhat effeminate but that’s not a sign of his sexual orientation.

Honestly, it's because there's a man in his backstory and that's it. Other male characters have relationships with women, so audience simply has no choice who to "make gay". Gale slept with goddess, Wyll dated cambion. Shadow also confirms some man comes into her dreams. At the same time, Astarion sees a man in a dream, and Lae sees a woman. But we know that Astarion's dream is not romantic, and there is nothing in common with other dreams.

I am as inclined as you are to believe that there is nothing like this in Astarion. And in fact, he has statements that rather show his interest in women. Ppl just prefer not to notice it.
I would say that Astarion and Lae are more like bisexual characters than anyone else, because they really don't really care who they sleep with. The rest of the characters are more straight. Even if game positions them as "bisexual" their backstories may show their tendencies...

Originally Posted by JoB
But it seems a lot of players want to be able to romance anyone.

I'm not sure that's true. I suspect that if you actually polled players, you'd find most of them would prefer the companions were, as you put it, hard coded.

I don't agree with you.

For example, Gale and Astarion are popular as romance characters, Wyll is not so popular. So, make Astarion or Gale gay, and you'll see the crowd come out with torches, figuratively speaking. The same thing will happen if you close Gale or Astarion for LGBT, the hype will be incredible. In a bad way ofc. I've already seen this on Mass Effect forum. Believe me. Anyway I believe that all characters can be traced to their true tastes. But give possibility of romance to everyone, and at least no one will complain.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
They, to me, nailed the difficult implementation of Speak with Dead and Speak with Animals has good relevance.
Not really... Unless amulet that grants "Speak with the Dead" and plentiful potions of "Speak with Animals" are for testing purposes only, Larian once again doesn't actually have balls to make character builds relevant. "Speak with ..." would be interesting indeed, if it was a unique, optional content available only to those who will invest in it. Unless something changed with Druid patch, it is very much like "see ghosts" or "teleport" from D:OS2 - just normal content hidden behind a gimmick.

Speak with animals in now even easier smile
Druids + Amulet and you can "speak with anyone".

But on the other hand it would be tedious as hell if it required spellslots. It could be more interresting if rituals was something and if it was opened to such spells. There it would be a part of "builds" (or not... because you can change your prepared spells everywhere...)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 08/03/21 09:48 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Nyloth
I don't agree with you.

For example, Gale and Astarion are popular as romance characters, Wyll is not so popular. So, make Astarion or Gale gay, and you'll see the crowd come out with torches, figuratively speaking. The same thing will happen if you close Gale or Astarion for LGBT, the hype will be incredible. In a bad way ofc. I've already seen this on Mass Effect forum. Believe me. Anyway I believe that all characters can be traced to their true tastes. But give possibility of romance to everyone, and at least no one will complain.

Are they popular with male or female players? With male or female main characters? How popular is popular? Do 70% of the players romance them? More? Less? Do you have those numbers?

In regards to the crowd and torches, I agree. But that says nothing about what the majority of players want. It just acknowledges a vocal, aggressive group.

S
addict
addict
S
The weight of discussion 'romance' in this game generates is comical out of proportion.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Scribe
The weight of discussion 'romance' in this game generates is comical out of proportion.

Not to Larian who knows their target audience.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard