Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
The secret path was decidedly less fun with all the Guardians active.
The party had to stay in stealth the entire time.

I was hoping that the Druid crown you get off the wounded Druid, or Nettie, would allow you to pass unharmed, but unfortunately it didn't.

Originally Posted by state02
The first and smaller statue that you can see from the entrance can be destroyed by having a player continually firing at it out of its firing arc. This will allow you to get at the treasure chest and crates/barrels on the upper levels without getting pummeled by the larger statues deeper in the tunnel.

I was able to destroy all of them using a bow and standing out of their range.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Imryll
The first and smaller statue that you can see from the entrance can be destroyed by having a player continually firing at it out of its firing arc. This will allow you to get at the treasure chest and crates/barrels on the upper levels without getting pummeled by the larger statues deeper in the tunnel.

Me too, but it was tedious and boring. Don't see any point in it...

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by dimab

Yup. They should just keep the two statues near both entrances but remove the four in the middle. Two is enough to let the player understand there are sometimes traps.

stranger
stranger
The statues are a silly idea imo, if you come in from the other direction they attack your character even if you're a druid but the goblins are in there unharmed? What kind of Guardian is that? I don't like them. Also it's time consuming but you can shoot them from a fair distance and destroy them without any problems, it's metagaming but like i said, i don't like them.

Originally Posted by dimab

I was just letting you know that it wasn't only the first and smaller one that could be destroyed--as you said in your original post, not arguing in favor of the statues as fun gameplay. I actual agree with the one-at-each-end suggestion. It makes sense for the druids to protect their backdoor, but fewer would have made the point. I felt the same about the number of traps in Auntie Ethel's tunnels. Fewer would have been more dangerous as you'd be more likely to get careless and rolling on disarming them so frequently got tedious.

Last edited by Imryll; 10/03/21 03:01 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I see we have bunch of stormtroopers here. :-/
You kinda missing the point of this topic.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I see we have bunch of stormtroopers here. :-/
You kinda missing the point of this topic.

Haha. The topic has evolved from the guardians keep shooting even during turn based mode to let's just get rid of the statues entirely since most of them are pointless and annoying.

veteran
veteran
Regardless of what anyone says, playability-wise, it sucks. When you get surprised by traps that utterly kill you and there's nothing you can do about it but reload, that sucks. Also, if I have to sit and shoot a trap a thousand times to disable it, that also sucks. It's one thing if you give me a way to disable the trap and I fail the roll. Don't make me have to painfully shoot something a thousand times just so I can get by.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard