Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello there once again. smile
I was just wondering about what i readed around here, that we are able to adjust our equipment during combat ... for example:
For meele attack we can in our turn equip 2H weapon and attack ... then re-equip 1H and Shield to benefit both from higher dmg, and AC ...
If this is concidered to be bug, or oversight and "will be solved in the future" feel free to ignore this threat.

But i was thinking, since this is curently completely possible, why not make it feature?
I mean ... how about allowing us to have two sets of meele weapons, like it was in old Diablo II. for example.
[Linked Image from fiverr-res.cloudinary.com]
I know that both in this, and curently developed Diablo 4 it was probably meaned to have prepared meele and ranged weapon ... but hey, that is not the point here. laugh

I know it may seem odd that our characters will drag 2H, 1H, Shield and Crossbow ...
On the other hand, even the clasic picture of fighter certainly dont have single weapon either. laugh
[Linked Image from media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com]

And it would also solve problem with Torch ...
I know that there was just implemented some "fix" (if you want to call it that way) that allow us to switch between torch and weapon relatively quickly ... but that is just another button to allready pretty crowded hotbar. :-/

And last but not least, lets talk about Bards ...
Bards are usualy pictured with some kind of instrument equipped ... i presume that right now that will not be possible, since as far as i know lute cant be equipped as a weapon and it would be pretty anoying to switch lute and rapier (or other weapon) in every fight to achieve both efectiveness in combat, and good looking outside of combat.
With two meele weapon sets, it could be possible much easier ... simply put your lute as two handed ... "weapon" in second meele weapon set, and you can do both with single click. laugh

And how to switch between them? Well ... i was thinking about two options ...
Either "meele" button is certainly big enough to be cuted in two.
Or something simplier ... something like this:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So ...
What do you think people? O:)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Yes, it would be neato.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
As long as we can change equipment any time, even during combat, this is pointless.

Lets assume we cannot change equipment during combat any more:
It might make sense here, but I still prefer 1 melee and 1 ranged slot.
You have to chose careful what equipment you take.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Changing equipment at any time doesn't make sense at all and is boring (open inventory, change weapons,...)

200% agree with this suggestion.
2 slots are fine to me (3 would be better) but let us choose our weapons.
2 melee, 2 range, 1 melee 1 range,... This should be our choice.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 13/03/21 05:47 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Madscientist
As long as we can change equipment any time, even during combat, this is pointless.

Not at all, it makes changing between weapons quicker and much less of a hassle.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Dexai

Not at all, it makes changing between weapons quicker and much less of a hassle.

Agree with this. It's about less clicks and ease of use IMO.

journeyman
journeyman
I would love a second set of melee weapons too. Could do without for ranged weapons, though.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai

Yup ...
You can think of it as quality of life improvement. wink

Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha
I would love a second set of melee weapons too. Could do without for ranged weapons, though.
Same here ... i would not mind it at all, but i would also not miss it. laugh
Also ... not quite sure what would be reason for second ranged weapon ... maybe if crossbows will have working "loaded" condition, but besides that? No idea.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 13/03/21 10:31 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha
Same here ... i would not mind it at all, but i would also not miss it. laugh
Also ... not quite sure what would be reason for second ranged weapon ... maybe if crossbows will have working "loaded" condition, but besides that? No idea.
I've got a blood hunter that swaps between a heavy crossbow and a hand crossbow. Hand crossbow is nice with the Crossbow Expert feat because I get three shots per turn (with second attack), but the range is pretty low. When I'm going after things that are farther away, I pull out the heavy crossbow to take advantage of the extra range.

The distinction is lost in BG3 since all ranged weapons seem to have the same range.

veteran
veteran
I also like the idea of having three total slots minimum. And @Maximuuus' point is one I second. We should be able to put in whatever weapons we want in those slots and not have them locked for a specific type of weapon (melee, ranged, etc.).

M
stranger
stranger
M
was going to post this same suggestion. don't really think there should be 3 weapon sets though. i just want to have the option to have a 2 handed weapon in place of the bow, so you'd have quick access to two different melee weapons. ex: one hand sword & shield on main slots with slash action per short rest, 2 handed spear or staff on second slot with rush or topple per short rest. do not want a bow at all and sucks that i have an empty weapon set. defintely the main change i wish larian would make/allow

M
stranger
stranger
M
that and i'd also love to see the bug on the scale mail armor get fixed. i always play melee ranger but the game will never allow my character to touch scale mail. can't equip it, can't click and drag it to my character, can't even have it in my inventory

veteran
veteran
The free equipping of anything anytime has to go. It's like the game is trying to eliminate all thought process related to gaming.

Pillars of Eternity and even the original BG games have better rules and better UI for this.

They could house rule a new feat. Master of Arms: +1 Str, unlock two more equipment slots

Last edited by 1varangian; 14/03/21 09:24 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I agree we shouldn't be able to change equipment in battle. You should only be able to switch between weapon sets. But in that case I could really, really use a second set of melee weapons.

Link Copied to Clipboard