Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
PROBLEM:
Here is the problem and it is true 100% of the time regardless of all changes I have made: IF I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET THE GAME WON'T START.
(it dies around the time the larian logo loads)

If it helps support I most recently reported this through the reporting tool that appears after the crash.
The ticket mentioned in that tool was: TempCC7A643AD5A1313BE22556A4F5F66450_S_Dump_tw1ajqf5
(I was pretty mad... sorry I was a bit rude frown )

I have spent hours on various failed attempts to get this game to work, since buying it from GOG late December/early January.

I have tried more than:
Looked at Event viewer errors and spent hours on 'fixes' for those errors: No success
Uninstalled my firewall (Zonealarm) and punched holes in the windows firewall (I had already punched as many holes in zonealarm that I could): No success
Uninstalled the antivirus (AVG) and installed avira: No success
'Reset' my network card as described here in the forums @ administrator command line: No success
Installed new video drivers.
Launched through the Nvidia experience tool.
Uninstalled and reinstalled in various ways.
Windows compatibility garbage.
Many other things I'm sure I forgot...

Let me state:
Code that is written to be dependent on connecting to an outside server or service for a game that is purchased is akin to piracy.

I bought a game, convinced someone else to buy it, all so we could play co-op over the internet...
You have your money x2, but I have no co-op game to play.
That is typically considered fraud.

Had I not felt sure this must be a minor issue I would have gotten a refund from GOG a month and a half ago.

NOTE: There is a simple fix, DO NOT WRITE ANY CODE THAT REQUIRES THAT A GAME ON A COMPUTER CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET REACH ANY OUTSIDE SERVICE!!!
So, now you know what needs to be fixed.

I’m sorry to hear this. I can understand your frustration. In case you haven’t already done so, you might also send an email with your crash report to supportdos2@larian.com.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks martan717!

I'll do that, though the Larian client already sends all of that off somewhere... I would assume the same?
But can't hurt.

Interestingly I have avoided playing it as the reason I bought it was to play co-op.
(I figured I'd play it anyway but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth ... )
Anyway thanks again

Last edited by meregistered; 20/05/21 05:27 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard