Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
I appreciate humour, even though I rarely laugh out loud. Sometimes I find humour in games is inappropriate, and sometimes I really want a game to be serious and it is not.

But BG1/2 set the tone for the series to include humour, so I expected it in BG3, and, in general, I feel the level in BG3 is fine. The wide audience means that the writing team cannot write niche, overly sophisticated humour, unless it seems normal prose when you don't understand the reference ( Terry Pratchett was a master at writing good prose that was only funny if you had a particular knowledge and world view ).

BG1/2 had some humour I really liked, but didn't really set the bar all that high with Noober and Jan Jansen. BG3 is certainly no worse than its predecessors, and has had me smiling at times.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Volo's Complete Guide to the Behavior of Nymphs got a chuckle out of me. Also the True and Impossible Adventures of Tenebrux Morrow Vol. 3.

I'm a hopeless D&D lore nerd laugh

Last edited by agouzov; 15/03/21 08:47 PM.
addict
addict
Do I laugh?! Quite hard not too with these epic cinematic dialogue face reactions.
The future memes will be strong with this one.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Good writing matters to me and even though BG3 has "humor" it's cringy rather than funny just like in DOS so no I don't laugh. I grin occasionaly when something actualy satisfying happens in combat.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard