Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
so many comments are written here but no official replies, so many contributions to the bad camera control and management but no one writes from the manufacturers yes we look at that, there is still something in this regard ... sad you pay a lot of money to look for and report errors and nothing comes back, but shoot elaborate videos when a patch comes, ridiculously real

addict
addict
Although there is probably a mega-thread of people saying the same thing as you...
I can only agree.

Doing a quick check of the Members of this forum, I see only one Larian account posting in BG3 and it is only for official announcements. I see some posted years ago for the older games.

Clearly, the Community manager is under the strict order not to answer any questions. Why not, once in a while, offer official answers to about 10 questions.
I do not think the community is asking for too much in terms of minimal communication.

The total absence of response from Larian is not good for the community and it does not garner fidelity.
Certainly does not make this forum feel worthwhile for the participants.

NUANCE / EXCEPTION : when you report bugs via the launcher (official bug and feedback form), sometimes they answer.

Last edited by Baraz; 15/03/21 01:20 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
You just have to accept that in videogaming, most often developers don't care for user feedback when designing their games.

The age of NDA betas is over, and since they don't have dedicated beta testing with a small group of users to grab feedback from, they ignore the sea of feedback from an open testing period and just design without feedback.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
Well then you have to understand that the time is over that I report errors again, because the one-sided reporting is too stupid for me, I'm out, don't report anything anymore, why pay for that I work for you and they are too bad to pay someone to take care of us they should be ashamed, that’s the very last thing

veteran
veteran
Many of us are frustrated by Larian's communication more than by the RNG.
Being ignored when there are so many great threads and things to talk about is really annoying.

I guess the EA was just to give them data, finally.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
M
M
Originally Posted by Starlights
Following up on bug reports is not addressing player feedback.

journeyman
journeyman
Vometia's on right now. Don't you think you'd rather not have her know what you're doing? She probably knows more than you'd like her to. I've added you to my follow list, though the developers can probably see and control that, too.

They do not really respond as much as in my opinion they should to feedback forums having an extra response or 2 to threads would be nice or at least checking any thread that hits x pages of responses would be nice to see. Does not even need to be a big developer could just be someone hired by developers to check feedback threads if they get to a certain point read the content and make a small follow up once a week with the developers based on threads. The 6 person party is a big thread that really they havent made any comment on its probably the largest single thread on feedback. Everytime a thread hits alot of responses they usually make some small changes and release a patch but they still dont really acknowledge the thread and more active communication is one of there weakest points. It would be a big benefit IMO for them to have someone scan larger threads on the forums for valuable feedback and relay it once a week spend 15 minutes in a meeting or so with a moderator checking the forums and give them feedback to post. Like hey we looked at this currently were not looking into it as an option but we may consider it down the road. Or we have noticed the feedback we like it and we will try to look more into this over time to see if anything could be added or even a step further like we love the feedback on this post and we are currently working to impliment it in upcoming patches eta unknown at this time.

Simple things like that. I mean not everyone is going to get what they want when they want it. If it was up to me we would have gotten 2 classes with the last patch to make up for the time lost but they made an effort and it was appreciated that new content was added. Hopefully we will see some more by april or at least some communication on it. I just added a post with some of my thoughts on patch 4 feed back and improvements i would still like to see but I dont really have high expectations really to many people post the same thing in multiple different threads but unless you really see 1 thread that hits alot of people commenting on it i dont think they read every thread thats posted it would take far to much time and we dont really generally read every thread thats posted other wise you would see more comments feedback in single threads rather than alot of optional threads. A good idea would be a pole honestly to see what people would most like to see added with the upcoming patches. But then that might divert from there current work in progress at the same time.

Last edited by acatlas; 15/03/21 10:50 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
You mistyped thread as threat. You can see a list of all the webcrawlers that read your comments in the "Who's Online" tab. They know what people want. They have teams that scour all the information you provide them, and they also pay people to learn what kind of features will make the most money. Hey, I wanted behavioral modification in The Sims 4, but I'll never get to play that game. The market won't demand that sort of thing. There's no desire for it.

Originally Posted by GristlyKnuckle
You mistyped thread as threat. You can see a list of all the webcrawlers that read your comments in the "Who's Online" tab. They know what people want. They have teams that scour all the information you provide them, and they also pay people to learn what kind of features will make the most money. Hey, I wanted behavioral modification in The Sims 4, but I'll never get to play that game. The market won't demand that sort of thing. There's no desire for it.

thx and fixed.

veteran
veteran
It would be nice to have some feedback from the company.
I mean somebody who is shown as larian member.
Moderators are just people who watch that users don´t make nonsense, they are not involved in the developement and they are also not speakers of the company.

When PoE1+2 were new, the devs replied to most bug reports in the forums with stuff like "We know this and it will get fixed in the next patch." or "We could not reproduce this. Please send a save and more information."
It felt good that we knew our words reach the people who can change something.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by GristlyKnuckle
Vometia's on right now. Don't you think you'd rather not have her know what you're doing? She probably knows more than you'd like her to. I've added you to my follow list, though the developers can probably see and control that, too.

Huh? I don't know anything. I'd write about it if I did.

J'aime le fromage.
W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
it's frustrating because the vast majority are of the same opinion, what does this theater always do with the videos when they bring a patch? they should rather use the money and time in sensible early access support.

veteran
veteran
Everyone seem to be top marketing manager around here. O_o
When you create your own studio, feel free to talk with people 24/7 ... i wonder how long you manage. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
When you create your own studio, feel free to talk with people 24/7 ... i wonder how long you manage. laugh

Please, no one asked this...

You don't have to be a top marketing manager to understand that you could please many players spending 30 min every weeks to answer a few questions / react to some threads. Players are passionated about this game. They shouldn't ignore our passion about their product.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/03/21 03:17 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand

It's not about talking to people 24/7... it's about writing SOMETHING at least... ONE TIME, maybe? Or even better, every now and then? =)

addict
addict
I understand and I am rather sympathetic to game designers and developers (I am usually the one to write the same thing you just wrote),
but I see other game studios offer at least minimal responses to popular feedback. The list of examples would be long and it would be an insult to our intelligence to ask me to prove it. I see examples every week, from various studios.

The Larian direction chooses to keep it all under wraps, internal, and that has some advantages too.
There are also benefits at, once in a while, responding officially to a few common suggestions or criticism. On there own terms.

Last edited by Baraz; 15/03/21 03:27 PM.

Make sure you stand it back up after you are finished.

[Linked Image from scientificskeptic.com]

enthusiast
enthusiast
How can a developer not want feedback from an extremely alpha state EA?

Last edited by JDCrenton; 15/03/21 04:05 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard