Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BeNexus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What races would people like for the player character/companions? I would really like duergar or gray dwarves since they've been mentioned and also have a complicated relationship with the mind flayers.

journeyman
journeyman
Well I'm actually very fond of the vampire spawn and the potential to turn him into a true vampire sounds like a very interesting story path. Aside from that a changeling would be nice. Of course Humans, elves, and half-elves are always decent out of the traditional vein of races.

S
veteran
veteran
S
i dont think Vampire spawn is gonna be a race tho. I think thats only that one character, he also appears to be an elf by race (or halfelf?)

I personally realy want Dragonborn in but it doesnt looks likeley.
gith are very much a welcome addition. Goliath would also be neat

veteran
veteran
Without a day night cycle playing as a vampire won't be as fun.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

There's no day / night cycle?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus

No

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

No

Has there been any reasoning for that? Does the game take place within a single day, hah?

Last edited by anjovis bonus; 05/03/20 10:34 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The consensus is that there is no day or not cycle because DOS2 didn't have one. There has been no word as yet whether BG3 has one or not.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
The consensus is that there is no day or not cycle because DOS2 didn't have one. There has been no word as yet whether BG3 has one or not.

So we don't actually know it? Figures. What we do know is that you can set up camp, and in the game footage IIRC they did show night time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
They could still be working on the Day/Night Cycle. Cause it would be much in Player's Agency, or Over Delivery as explained in this video
@2:30
I want to run around at night with my Rogue to do a little B&E, not in broad daylight.

journeyman
journeyman
28:30 into the video, night time at camp:

https://youtu.be/B9hU6UJX_pc

There doesn't seem to be any cobat during night time in that demo, so it could be that you can actually do stuff during daytime. Which would be stupid, so I doubt it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The question would be is it a true D&D experience if there is no night time? Some monsters only come out at night. And I hate to point out that BG1 and BG2 had night time. (I will play this game no matter what though. Day and Night cycle would be the icing on the cake.)

journeyman
journeyman
The question would be is it a true D&D experience if there is no night time? Some monsters only come out at night. And I hate to point out that BG1 and BG2 had night time. (I will play this game no matter what though. Day and Night cycle would be the icing on the cake.)

There's really nothing to suggest there would not be night time, on the contrary it's clearly night time in the video above.

veteran
veteran
Unless it's like Dragon age, where camp is always at night.

journeyman
journeyman
Unless it's like Dragon age, where camp is always at night.

Possible and if true very dissapointing. I do hope they add day / night cycle.

Last edited by anjovis bonus; 05/03/20 11:28 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
they already said the vampire spawn can go in the light so it wouldnt matter anyway.
but yeah, id prefer having a day and night cycle aswell.

honestly i dont see why thats so hard..

enthusiast
enthusiast

There's really nothing to suggest there would not be night time, on the contrary it's clearly night time in the video above.

You keep saying that. Look at the video right before it shows the camp. It is bright as Noon.

journeyman
journeyman

You keep saying that. Look at the video right before it shows the camp. It is bright as Noon.

28:30 is clearly night time. If you disagree, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

enthusiast
enthusiast

28:30 is clearly night time. If you disagree, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Day (notice the time of video before he clicks on camp.)

[Linked Image]

Night (notice the time of video after he clicks camp.)

[Linked Image]

agree to disagree

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, it's mostly daytime and only night time when camping. I said as much in an earlier message. What are you trying to disprove here? You're basically agreeing with me.

Last edited by anjovis bonus; 05/03/20 11:51 AM.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard