Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I know nearly all the attention is on BG3, but I thought I’d ask anyone reading these forums: what was your favorite moment in DOS2?

Mine was in Wreckers Cave, when the voidwoken enwebbed and then separated my party members. It was creepy and fun play each character fighting his or her way through unknown caverns, trying to locate the others. I also felt like I got to know each character better. I deepened my connection to each one.

And this kind of event, forcefully separating four characters and playing each one individually, is fairly unique among the games I have played.

stranger
stranger
It has to be the sudden and short-lived romance in between Acts 3 and 4. Hot af.

Joking aside, I don't think there were so many stand-out moments, which sounds bad, but it's because the game overall is very good from beginning to end. Maybe it was some battle, which took me by a surprise (of which there were many); like the blackpits one, first you have these lousy oil voidlings filling the area with oil, and then the fire ones come, you've got to be kidding me...and Alison, anyone? laugh I think the game is filled with many, many great small moments, that it's hard to pick one as a favourite, but I could agree with you on this one.

"Slurp. Slurp. Slurp." -Braccus Rex
OP Offline
Thanks for this. I agree, the “On the Ropes” battle clearly stands out. And Malice Alice — in both cases I was thinking, “is this even winnable?”

And it’s nice to play though these again and to find different strategies to succeed.

stranger
stranger
Yes, I think the magic of DOS2 is the fact that eventhough the same save, the fight can go differently. That's one aspect I hope they keep in BG3, I have no idea how it'll be besides some cinematics (that said as a big BG fan).

journeyman
journeyman
Hard for me to say because there a quite a few that cling to my memories, but I think we can all agree that the Lucian boss fight is an awesome mix of music, difficulty and dialouge choices.

I like to call Lucian out, tell Braccus to shut his glory hole, kick both their asses and then let myself be purged so that Lucian can live with the memory of said ass beating.

stranger
stranger
True that. The choice of music is very unorthodox for a final battle, but in a way fitting. I only wish the final battle didn't boil down to nuking Braccus and/or Dallis down, but maybe that's only a problem for bads such as myself. It is good though.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard