Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
enthusiast
enthusiast
Duergar, Aasimar, Genasi, Yuan-ti, Hobgoblin, Kalashtar, Goliath and Dhampir

Varient Human for actual context use.

However I would most like to see how they do dragonborn to see if they can handle adding less humanoid races well without making them look like hot garbage.

Aasimar for flavor context vs tieflings and how the grove reactions would work.

My favorite races are already in currently outside varient human but that also depends on feats present if varient human would be good enough and if an option to roll stats becomes available.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Agree,
They made the githyanki more good looking than they should be.

L
addict
addict
L
Gnomes, Deep Gnomes, Duergar, and Half Orcs are both at the top of my list and seem almost certain to make the cut. I think that would be a good place to leave it, honestly, since I'd like to see each of the races get as fleshed-out RP opportunities as possible, but if we are talking about even more race....after that, maybe Aasimar? -they cold be interesting with all the Infernal focus we are seeing in the game so far. The Genasi never held the same appeal to me so I wouldn't be too disappointed if they didn't make it in. Orcs and Hobgoblins similarly I wouldn't mind having in, but all of those are pretty much in the 'it would be cool to have them, but I wouldn't particularly miss them if they weren't in' category.

A lot of the other stuff, Tortles, Goliaths, Kenku etc, I don't really think would be a good fit for player races. NPCs? Sure. Party members? I can see it. It would take a lot of work to flesh out these exotic races to be fully playable for us in a way that feels natural. IMO Larian already is going to have their work cut out for them between Drow, Githyanki, and Duergar.

Dragonborn, like a lot of 4e stuff, I don't particularly care for. I don't want to play them, and I'm actually rather selfishly hoping I don't have to see too much of them in game and can avoid interacting with them too much. Warforged... Eberron was designed as a standalone setting, so I wouldn't be particularly enthused to see warforged running around in a Forgotten Realms game.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Most mods use the 3D models of NPCs (all that I saw on Nexus at least), then if you make an NPC, it´s most of work alread done.

I don´t know the details, but lizards, dragonborn prolly could be made reciclying the 3D models from Divinity.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Nameless´s Fan
Most mods use the 3D models of NPCs (all that I saw on Nexus at least), then if you make an NPC, it´s most of work alread done.

I don´t know the details, but lizards, dragonborn prolly could be made reciclying the 3D models from Divinity.

Considering that dragonborn do not have tails I don't see why they would have a skeleton different from humans. It would basically just be a different texture.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Goliaths!!!!!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ixal
Originally Posted by Nameless´s Fan

Considering that dragonborn do not have tails I don't see why they would have a skeleton different from humans. It would basically just be a different texture.

They'd have a different head and possibly different build than humans, but human is likely the base that every race is built off of.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want to play a Miniature Giant Space Hamster, with a ranger as a companion/pet.

Every so often, the Ranger can speak with the other companions for entertainment purposes.

stranger
stranger
Half orcs ans Aasimar are the two I really miss (especially the former).

M
stranger
stranger
M
I would absolutely love a playable Centaur race, just the uniqueness of movement and it's capabilities in combat would be so fun.

But I'd also settle for Tabaxi.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I'd like playable Duergar and Levistus Tiefling.

old hand
old hand
Primary:
Half-Orcs
Variant Human

Secondary (DLC):
Genasi
Triton
Lizardmen

old hand
old hand
DRAGONBORN!! TABAXI!!! VARIANT HUMANS!!!

As many as possible. More choice is always welcome.

But for me personally, I want Variant Human. I like to play humans and the standard 5e human feels very weak. Very few builds benefit from the +1 to all stats instead of having racial features.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
The Firbolg are the only Giant Race, to my knowledge, that actually co-existed in a town with humans.

Hartsvale

Interbreading and intertwined culture

Last edited by Van'tal; 13/07/22 11:34 PM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard