Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
it's about writing SOMETHING at least... ONE TIME, maybe? Or even better, every now and then? =)
Something like ...

I dunno, 12 Comunity Updates? O_o
Or prehaps patch notes where you can see all those things that are implemented? O_o
Or prehaps that 2 Panels from Hells ... where they were talking about all the things based on our feedback that they are implementing right now? laugh

You see, this is the problem ... everyone wants "just one answer once uppon a time" ...
But everyne wants that answer to be on different topic, usualy about that ONE they created. laugh

And about "once uppon a time" that is also kinda funny, since in the second anyone would concider any answer to be insuficient, will demand another one ...

Therefore Larian have only two options in matter of how to talk with us, either dont ... or do, fulltime.
Nothing in between will be enough, in long therms. :P

It would be nice to at least know what topics they "seen and took under concideration", that much is true.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
it's about writing SOMETHING at least... ONE TIME, maybe? Or even better, every now and then? =)
Something like ...

I dunno, 12 Comunity Updates? O_o
Or prehaps patch notes where you can see all those things that are implemented? O_o
Or prehaps that 2 Panels from Hells ... where they were talking about all the things based on our feedback that they are implementing right now? laugh

You see, this is the problem ... everyone wants "just one answer once uppon a time" ...
But everyne wants that answer to be on different topic, usualy about that ONE they created. laugh

And about "once uppon a time" that is also kinda funny, since in the second anyone would concider any answer to be insuficient, will demand another one ...

Therefore Larian have only two options in matter of how to talk with us, either dont ... or do, fulltime.
Nothing in between will be enough, in long therms. :P

It would be nice to at least know what topics they "seen and took under concideration", that much is true.

Yeah they talked a lot about players feedback in Panel from Hell and in community update... Mushroom for free was really something all players asked for monthes... here, on Steam and on reddit.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/03/21 06:00 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I presumed its logical to expect people to read/watch them for longer than two seconds. O_o

veteran
veteran
I presumed its logical to expect people to read/watch them for longer than two seconds. O_o

That was a meaningfull exemple of what was said during the last panel from hell wink

Want another one ?
"Now you can sort items in containers"
Hell yeah !!! Sorting the 3 gold coins and the bone all of us were waiting for this feature !

But you're right I could also have given the only good exemple.
"Missing is a problem to you ??? We won't explain you how to avoid missing but we'll add loaded dice as a default option !!!"

That's their only answer to players feedbacks after monthes of silence.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/03/21 07:04 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
This discussion here, like responding that the video and updates were direct responses, is what French call "Un dialogue de sourds" (a dialogue where both sides are not really listening). And I mean that about some commentators here (not about Larian).

I listened to all their videos, fully. I read ALL the patch notes, fully (yes, even the last one, which took me a while).

Do I consider those to be responses to community feedback ? Mostly no, sometimes a bit yes, sorry. They fixed a lot of bugs and they sometimes respond to bug reports, true.

Did they make adjustments in reaction to some player feedback : of course. For example, they toned down the number of barrels and removed AOE on some cantrips.

It is communication, but that does not nullify the suggestion that they respond a bit more otherwise (not too much and without diving into our bickering).

Last edited by Baraz; 15/03/21 07:15 PM.
W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
people what the nonsense .. they get 60 € for us and we know that we are nothing else like beta tester and that we should contribute to report bugs to express wishes and for 60 € you can expect at least that one decency has to answer politely, if I had known how laria does it I would never have bought her early access.

what laria does is arrogant and rude.
it is an exploitation and we also pay for it. and that's nothing else. Since then, I haven't reported a single mistake for what or for whom are you actually thinking, not with me.

Last edited by Wolfenring; 15/03/21 09:27 PM.
old hand
old hand
I still love Larian and I think this game will rock, but I sincerely expected them to have *SOME* presence on the official forums, but... no. Not really. smirk

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

That was a meaningfull exemple of what was said during the last panel from hell wink

Want another one ?
Hell yeah !!! Sorting the 3 gold coins and the bone all of us were waiting for this feature !

"Missing is a problem to you ??? We won't explain you how to avoid missing but we'll add loaded dice as a default option !!!"

Ok, make it Six seconds ...

I dunno, two short rests between long rest, disable AoE from Cantrips, autojumping for companions, "sell all button" ... that all was demanded, that all we get ... you are talking about "the only good example" ... i just quadrupled your count. :-/
Maybe you should more carefully read those comunity updates, wich are "sooooooooooooooooo irellevant" a watch those panels from hells, where is "nothing interesting" instead of b***hing around about them. -_-

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

Want another one ?

Ok, make it Six seconds ...

I dunno, two short rests between long rest, disable AoE from Cantrips, autojumping for companions, "sell all button" ... that all was demanded, that all we get ... you are talking about "the only good example" ... i just quadrupled your count. :-/
Maybe you should more carefully read those comunity updates, wich are "sooooooooooooooooo irellevant" a watch those panels from hells, where is "nothing interesting" instead of b***hing around about them. -_-

Let's stop this "dialogue de sourds" wink

W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
I could report so many bugs but I don't do it because I do I don't want one-sided discussions.
found so many mistakes today alone ...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
I could report so many bugs but I don't do it because I do I don't want one-sided discussions.

Not reporting stuff reduces the chances that they get fixed.
They did fix some stuff, but we do not know if they learned this by reading the forums.

They said the game collects all kinds of data when you play. (abilities used, where you died, quest outcomes and so on)
I would really like to know more about this.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
enthusiast
enthusiast

I know one that has been since day 1: If you try to steal consecutively the blacksmith at camp while invisible sometimes it turns whole camp into aggro even though you are obviously invisible and didn't get caught. So the script breaks somehow and they never go back to green. Obviously messes up your game. Resting doesn't return them to green either.

One way to avoid it: Run to the Zevlor area every time you finish stealing a bunch of things so the script doesn't detect you on the map. Go back once you make sure the smith resets his script.

Quickloading also messes up a lot of stuff in this game.

Just as a rule of thumb is better to just have a completely separate save before you start stealing and after you complete 1 npc and make sure something didn't break.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 17/03/21 09:47 PM.
addict
addict
Report them via the Launcher, which is the official form. They absolutely read and note those, and sometimes even answer.

I myself complain about the lack of official responses to common requests, but reporting bugs/errors via the launcher works!

Last edited by Baraz; 18/03/21 10:09 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
+1

Small batches of feedback/updates on gameplay (most updates seem to be about bug fixes) from time to time would be much more appreciated than a big fanfare video announcement once every 5 months. It makes fans trying to contribute feel less like we are talking into the void.

I and many others felt a lot of disappointment with the Panel from Hell 2, largely from misaligned expectations. That disappointment could have been avoided if we had some idea regarding where Larian really was in their development, and wouldn't have been left so underwhelmed because of hope for more/different class additions to the game. Especially when a lot of player feedback went unaddressed during the presentation, it created the impression that Larian wasn't actually listening, which may or may not be the case.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard