Print Thread
#765781 18/03/21 11:45 PM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Evening,

Let me start by saying that I am enjoying Baldur's Gate 3 quite thoroughly.

However, one thing that stands out to me is the change of Dancing Lights from being a bonus action to being a full action.

This spell made being a caster without darkvision tolerable as it was a bonus action. It still hurt a little, but it was manageable.

This now being a full action is incredibly punishing. I recognize that there other ways around this, but as it stands I don't see why this was changed.

I think it should definitely go back to being a bonus action.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by RagingYeti
Evening,

Let me start by saying that I am enjoying Baldur's Gate 3 quite thoroughly.

However, one thing that stands out to me is the change of Dancing Lights from being a bonus action to being a full action.

This spell made being a caster without darkvision tolerable as it was a bonus action. It still hurt a little, but it was manageable.

This now being a full action is incredibly punishing. I recognize that there other ways around this, but as it stands I don't see why this was changed.

I think it should definitely go back to being a bonus action.

Even if it is a bonus action, it still won't be used because they seem to have this obsession with the garbage concentration mechanic, and this means you either lose Hex, Blur, Shield of Faith, or Flaming Sphere (which illuminates enemies and does damage in one).

The current implementation of the concentration mechanic is completely strangling the usage of many utility spells because they either come at the expense of Bless or some form of offensive or defensive spell that needs to be maintained.

Even something as asinine as making druid's flame blade require concentration; you know, the spell that puts an item on you that you need to go into the thick of melee to in order to use. Concentration broken? Sucks to be you, a limited lv2 spell slot lost from some trivial ranged arrow shot that cost the enemy nothing limited.

Last edited by Zenith; 19/03/21 02:07 AM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I agree, dancing lights and light spells need to be bonus actions.

veteran
veteran
It should just work like in D&D (again...)
Action to cast then bonus action to move.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
+1

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
D
D
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
+1

veteran
veteran
Dancing Lights could be an action if you could move it like Flaming Sphere or have it follow you automatically.

But if the only way to move the light is to recast it, it should be a bonus action. Normally the moving is a bonus action and you can move all 4 lights to illuminate a larger area. So maybe make it a bit brighter too if the lights have to remain in a bundle.

And...out of all things, why do they feel like they need to nerf Dancing Lights? Lol. How about nerfing backstab, high ground and disengage instead if you want to improve combat and action economy?

Last edited by 1varangian; 19/03/21 02:39 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard