Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 46 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 45 46
B
stranger
stranger
B
" Try verifying your game files. Also if you've ever had any mods, you'll need to remove/disable them and this issue should resolve ."

i did verify the file a few times and according to that averything is fine , i had mods but removed them and it still the same issue ;\
thank you for the respond ! laugh

if you have any more ideas please write them smile.

Last edited by bcno; 03/03/21 12:44 PM.
Found a bug in our recent Patch 4 where Shadowhart does not get any XP at the first battle after you meet and group with her (with the 3 intellect devourers). Getting same bug on 3 different test characters. I am attacking from stealth for those encounters, which may be triggering the disconnect. But once "discovered" and with her fighting along side my character she is still not getting the XP from that encounter. This bug seems to repeat elsewhere in the game too, as I have another party character which is now at a lower xp rate. So I am thinking its the "stealth" attacks that are causing a "party disconnect" and not sharing the xp with the whole party. And I am not un-grouping at all during these encounters. Though on occasion the game force Un-groups during a combat initiated in stealth. Then you end up with characters not in the "combat pool" and so they are not getting a turn in the combat so then you have to click on one of them to re engage combat out of turn to get them back in.

old hand
old hand
Some typos I noticed in the dialogue choices/subtitles:

(Dialogue choice while talking to Volo the Magnificent) "The time was spend among books. I'm a student of the page." - should be "spent"

(Ambient observation in the goblin camp) "A scrying eye - best not do anything suspicious while its watching." - should be "it's"

V
stranger
stranger
V
Hi everyone! Here is a list of just a few of the things I've noticed (in no real order) - apologies if some of these have already been mentioned. I am only hopeful that feedback will get back to developers and improve the game experience - which, by the way, is fantastic!

- Some dialogue does not mirror the text presented on screen (English). Some words are different or have been replaced with similar words.
- The animation in the campsite with the large celebration after killing the goblin leaders sees Shadowheart holding her wine goblet in a very odd way! She holds the stem between her fingers, effectively holding the goblet out horizontally!
- The selection menu (especially on Shadowheart) for spells with multiple levels becomes buggy - a window opens over the spell/task bar and also another window opens over the combat roster and can't be exited. The only way to make it go away is to move the character physically away from the battle and effectively, end her turn. Sometimes this menu stays on screen over the next couple of characters' actions, blocking the selection of spells or any other actions. The instinct is to hit 'escape' but that does nothing, obviously, so I've been stuck in this limbo for several turns, losing health on my characters that are attacked by enemies, while I am effectively unable to return attacks. I would like to see a close window button on these sub-menu windows.
- Selecting the grease in Shadowheart's task bar resulted in not allowing me to throw it, but rather, she clumsily then basically, just dropped it all over herself and the ground, resulting in her being knocked prone! Butterfingers!
- During a battle, two of the goblins get stuck together by the firepit with the roasting meat (this is outside the goblin stronghold), and they hold up the fight with lengthy "calculating next move" windows.
- 'Intimacy' animations are all over the place. It is as if you can't tell which body part belongs to who. Also, I've noticed that in cut scenes, sometimes 'your' character (i.e.: the one with his/her back to the camera) isn't always you, or wearing the current gear. I initiated a conversation and found I was suddenly Astarion instead of me - and Astarion wasn't even in my group at the time! Another thing in animations is when a conversation is initially accessed, sometimes a foreground item/person/object/wall covers the camera so the first lines are heard but not seen. It usually takes a "camera" shot change to sort out the problem.
- In trade windows, the balance coin feature that works so well in the Divinity series, doesn't do so well here. I moved unwanted objects into my side of the window, hit the scales to get the "value" for the items, didn't notice that the value was substantially more than what my items were worth, then selected the Barter button. Instantly, the trader/vender lost favour with me (I assume for thinking I was cheating him). Why is it that most of the time, the scales (balance) button works, but on other occasions, it doesn't?
- Using Gale to access the book in crypt caused me to be at a loss as what to do next. Everything just seemed to freeze. It was only after a few minutes of switching characters that I by chance, happened to hit the "1" on my keyboard. It seems there was dialogue/exposition still to come from Gale that never showed up on screen or was never indicated. He just froze there. Hitting "1" then moved the dialogue onto the next bit and the scene played out. I now hit "1" a lot when dialogue seems to suddenly stop with no options for "more".
- I find it annoying that the AI decides to move the group through potentially dangerous surfaces. I will navigate a path through acid pools or fire or what-ever and the group then follows but deliberately they walk through the acid or fire or trigger a trap. Are we meant to separate out everyone in the party and individually walk them around the odd acid puddle in the goblin great hall? Surely, the pathing can be more intuitive.
- Jumps too are way too dramatic - shaking the world as they do. My character jumped down from one ledge - about three feet - and the entire world shook like mad. This was followed by continual shaking as the remainder of the party did the same.
- The quest story list obviously has more entries (as I can see the tops of text just below the lower edge of the window), and yet I cannot seems to scroll the window down to reveal all the text.
- Why is it that after clearing an area of enemies, looting the bodies is still considered "stealing"? Surely there is no-one around to notice that. In Divinity, the red for steal, turns to normal gold (normal) after an area has been cleared. I found that, after nobody was left alive in the goblin stronghold, that still, enemy bodies were showing red.
- If playing as a male character romancing another male character, the cut-scene animations for 'your' character are very feminine. I realise they are likely mapped to suit all variations of the character, but suddenly, my character acts all coquetish and his movements are quite uncharacteristic. I am assuming that when Gale says "My lord" to you as a male companion, he says "My lady" to you as a female companion? Two different cut scenes depending upon the gender? I think some particular animations should be re-thought to reflect the gender of the played character, or even toned down altogether because female characters can be tough too and don't have to act all stereotypically "girly".
- I find that combat on different floors of a building is very confusing. You have to try and move the camera into a position where you can see what everyone is standing on and this can be difficult in some areas where the zoom out isn't that far and the roof of the building sometimes obscures the view. I have also noticed that I can be behind something like a wall or a tree and even if the enemy is on the same level ground as my character, my aim is apparently "blocked" by the object, and yet theirs isn't. Seemingly, they can shoot right through thick stone walls and around large trees! Also, the constant whipping around of the camera between combatants can be disorienting. It doesn't help that the icons for our party are in gold. I would prefer them to be highlighted differently, perhaps in green - I can't recall, but I think that is the way Divinity has it. At a glance, you can then see where your characters are in the order of combat, instead of searching for them amongst the portraits, especially after an enemy has dealt great damage to one of your characters. It is very easy to lose track of the battle because of the camera movements and lack of knowing where your characters are because you've lost sight of them both in the actual space and in the combat order.
- Conversation cut-scenes can be odd, as if the camera is trying to find them. I have started a conversation and the camera has focused on say, their feet, then slowly moves up to their faces. Okay, it isn't as extreme as that but they certainly start out not framed correctly and adjusts as the dialogue goes on. Also, shorter characters seem to bounce up in the frame and then bounce down as though they are trying to be placed.

All these little glitches currently act to distance the player from the experience. I understand that the game is still developing, bugs being ironed out, and I am hopeful of a brilliant experience upon complete game release. All this feedback is only meant to help the developers work out the bugs. As I said at the start, I am enjoying the game immensely and Larian should be congratulated on making a superb game. I hope there will be more crafting recipes to come as collecting herbs and other items seems pretty silly without a reason to do so.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Yes, I've noticed that too... Also, there was one word that was completely mispronounced... I think it was in Gale's dialogue early on. I am used to awful pronunciation in other games, but hope for more out of this one!

V
stranger
stranger
V
Darkness Concentration Bug:
If a character is maintaining Concentration on Darkness, that character will stop maintaining Concentration on Darkness when another character moves far enough away from that character.

To replicate: Cast Darkness anywhere on the ground nearby using Wyll. Have Wyll's familiar fly one screen away. Wyll will stop concentrating on Darkness when the familiar is a certain distance away. Approximately 1 screen's length.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I decided to go kill the Anders on my adventure tonight. When I attacked the dwarf/halfling that waits outside the UI eventually disappeared after a round.

Also in the gnoll fight near the cave with the missing shipment, the gnoll you can take over spent most of the fight just standing still. This was the case on multiple loads of this fight.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I can't travel to camp anymore.

First, I got the following:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I decided to murder my char and revive her with a scroll. This at least gave me back the option of traveling, unfortunately I can travel everywhere but to camp.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

When my char travels somewhere, she also travels alone. The rest of the companions stay back at the location she traveled from...

M
stranger
stranger
M
The only major bug I've encountered:
**SPOILER**
After killing all the druids and tieflings in the grove I exited the area through the top of the cave Zevlor hangs out in, but Astarion got left behind. I clicked on his portate and he was in the dialog from when you first enter the swamp, the game had me make a DC 20 investigation or perception check (I can't remember which). If I passed the game fed me the dialog about noticing everything is a swamp, and whether I passed or not Astarion was dropped to 0 HP but not downed. I save scummed multiple times and always got the same thing.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've been noticing after a few times using the waypoint to the Myconid Colony, that when I appear, I am suddenly in convo with a mushroom guard telling me I've done something. I have a persuasion-it was a misunderstanding roll or a deception-it was a joke roll. Mot sure if this occurs when one is caught stealing or something else since I have not done that in the camp. All I did was use the waypoint from the now empty and very dead Goblin Camp the the Colony.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched around for 20min and didn't find anything.

Since patch 4 my frame rate has dropped and the game is just stuttering along. It was running fine before the patch but now it's so slow it's pretty much unplayable. Not sure what changed. I know the patch was big, but I have plenty of space, although I'm not running it on anything special. A pretty basic, albeit new, gaming laptop.

veteran
veteran
Here are some things, I noticed, while playing. I think, they got worse with patch 4:

- Sometimes one has to click a lot of times on a character to select that character.
- the camera isn't always moving right - if characters climb something, the camera is often stuck - it starts working again, if I double click on the selected character
- This is spellcaster specific: sometimes, it's hard to select a spell. I have to click two or three times on a spell to use it, otherise that character will attack with whatever weapon they have equipped. I don't have those problems in other games, so I doubt, it is due to my keyboard
- In the area, you find Scratch, suddenly all companions get chatty - I have at least 4-5 companion dialogues firing up there. I don't think, that is intended?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Something I just noticed entering the blighted village.

- I enter with my main character to trigger the discussion with the goblin on the roof.
- While my main was stucked in the dialogue I switched to my 3 other characters.
- They could enter by the main gate, walk in the village, climb ladder to go behind the other goblins (without being stealth) without being attacled.

I guess the goblins should end the dialogue and engage the battle.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
stranger
stranger
S
Any thoughts on how to work around the "lockpicking impossible" bug at ornate door leading down to the Moon Puzzle in Find the Nightsong?

Last edited by someone; 28/03/21 04:09 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Bug if I use Menacing Attack on a Beholder while wielding the weapon Vision of the Absolute:

If I use a normal attack, Absolute Night is correctly 2d6. If I use Menacing Attack, Absolute Night is shown as 1d8 in the combat log. Furthermore, the damage shown in the detailed combat log description is 7, while the one actually dealt is 9.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by someone
Any thoughts on how to work around the "lockpicking impossible" bug at ornate door leading down to the Moon Puzzle in Find the Nightsong?

Bash in the door if you haven't found the key.

enthusiast
enthusiast
A few bug reports on a multiplayer game.
2 player characters (warlock and fighter), 2 companions (Shadowheart, Astarion). Game run via Steam but on 2 adjacent computers. Both PC, if that matters.
The game "belonged" to my husband, but I was able to create a character to run with him, however the game seemed to focus on his character, mine being secondary. While that's not entirely a problem, it did mean I encountered a lot more bugs with character/NPC interaction. Reporting them here in the hopes that they might get ironed out.

- Camp bugs - when 1 player character has 1 companion with them, making for a party of 4 total, the game lets the whole party of 4 get to camp, but treats both "groups" separately when leaving camp. My husband's character was able to leave camp with Shadowheart and go back to where we were, but I kept getting left behind, and couldn't leave - had to rest again, then I was able to leave camp with Astarion and end up back where we were in the world.

- Companions having reputation with different player characters individually is awesome, and you can see this on the character sheets. However, being that I wasn't the "host" but the "visitor" to the multiplayer game, I couldn't see any reputation gains happening for my character even when having a standalone conversation with a companion.

- I missed out on two pivotal character scenes with Astarion, whom I'd hoped to be able to raise reputation with - the scene to talk to him after the first illithid dream didn't trigger for me at all (discussing the dream and the new power), and neither did the stargazing scene before the "bite night". As in, he had the yellow exclamation mark, the screen faded as if going to the cutscene, but cutscene didn't trigger at all, and the exclamation mark disappeared. This happened twice in one game session, but only to Astarion - I was able to talk and complete conversation cutscenes with all the other companions.

- "listening in" on my husband's character's conversations - camera angles were going quite buggy (underground, characters' feet, blurred background without companion character, etc), this didn't happen to me nearly as much in my single player playthrough. His were fine on his screen.

Last edited by Alexandrite; 20/04/21 08:12 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
I was doing some testing today and found a couple of things:

- Camera Trouble. In the Toll House, in combat, one of the characters climbed the ladder with the intention of using the door to go from inside the tollhouse to the tollhouse exterior (where the roof is). That door was unable to be seen, so that character was basically trapped on the upper level interior of the toll house. The camera was sort of locked to the lower levels and interior of the toll house only. I imagine there was a way to sort of shake the camera loose so that it would go into free mode, but it was frustrating to not be able to even see the door without having to mess with the camera a lot.

- Invisibility and Attacks of Opportunity. I have a team of invisible familiars. I have no idea how to enable Attacks of Opportunity for when they're invisible. If there's a bunch of invisible familiars surrounding an enemy, and that enemy moves, I want those characters to make their AoOs.

- Frightened Condition and Enemy AI. Enemies with the Frightened condition never attack, but they should be. They should be making attacks with disadvantage or actively seeking out other enemies to attack.

- Darkness and Ranged Attacks. Lobbed versus Straight Ranged Attacks. When a Darkness cloud is up, characters can lob grenades and such over the Darkness, but cannot shoot straight through it. This is just wrong in a lot of ways and I'd like it if ranged attacks within or near areas of magical darkness were more consistent in their behavior.

- Sleep not lasting the full duration. Sleep is supposed to last a minute but frequently only lasts maybe one or two rounds. Additionally, I don't think the AI ever uses the Help action to wake the sleeper. Additionally, familiars and pets should be able to wake sleeping allies.

- Concentration will randomly drop. I initially posted that this was caused by a player or character being out of range, but it looks like Concentration on things like Darkness or Fog Cloud will randomly drop for no reason. See image here for the combat log: https://imgur.com/a/wtwXhPb There isn't even a mention of dropping concentration or Darkness ending. All the log shows is that the characters lost the hiding condition.

Last edited by Varujan; 24/04/21 07:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Varujan
Frightened Condition and Enemy AI. Enemies with the Frightened condition never attack, but they should be. They should be making attacks with disadvantage or actively seeking out other enemies to attack.
I've submitted a feedback report to Larian about this and they replied back that they know of this but have decided that Frightened works differently in BG3. I'd recommend submitting a report of your own https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal Hopefully enough feedback will convince them to change it.

Originally Posted by Varujan
- Sleep not lasting the full duration. Sleep is supposed to last a minute but frequently only lasts maybe one or two rounds. Additionally, I don't think the AI ever uses the Help action to wake the sleeper. Additionally, familiars and pets should be able to wake sleeping allies.
I feel like enemies are being granted Saving Throws against sleep each turn which, combined with the HP increase given to Goblins, just makes Sleep so much worse.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Very minor issue but Voice 4 lacks the verbal incantation when casting Eldritch Blast.

Page 32 of 46 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard