Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Niara #753170 25/01/21 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Niara
Rested in the grove, and this now triggered the "I Trust You" scene with Gale - every time previously, I've only had this scene trigger when I got an artifact he could eat, so it was in fact a novelty to me to get this scene before I had anything to feed him! I agreed to help him, and was a good sport about it - my new character for this run is not really a material kind of person anyway, and she's not the very bright either - just good-natured, helpful and optimistic. Gale was Neutral before the trust scene, but was at Medium after it.

[snip]

I chatted to Gale here and now and fed him the flask, then rested. This triggered the "Weave" scene. Before the scene, Gale was on Medium approval, but was on High approval after it. I suggested romance in the scene, and he was receptive, and I think that's all the boxes marked for romance at the camp once the grove is saved.

It makes me wonder if having certain conversations with the characters is more important than the unseen approval number. For example, in this playthrough I was lightly flirting with Shadowheart at Neutral Approval (she's usually only cordial with my characters till later), but I had opened up more dialogue with her than I usually do in this run.
That being said, I've also had "cusp" moments with approval. First playthrough, I had just finished the Gith Patrol quest and met Medium Approval with Lae'zel, but was still turned down. For Gale, was it certain moments that unlocked the Weave scene for you before getting High Approval, or because it was on the cusp - that I wonder.

Originally Posted by Niara
In my game, I was planning on recruiting the boys, so Lae'zel got it into her head that she was going to complete her trial and kill that darned mindflayer if it was the last thing she did. As it turned out, it WAS the last thing she did. She killed the mindflayer after we defeated the commander (so, congrats to her, she's can go home to the astral plane now?), and then the cambions promptly killed her while I took care of the transponder.
Can't believe you let future Queen Lae'zel die. Meet me in the pit.

Having less party members does seem to make getting Gale's scenes easier. Lae'zel, Shadowheard, and Wyll each had a conversation when no one else in the camp had anything to say - and this seemed to push Gale's scene an additional 3 camps away. As mentioned in previous posts here, it's like - if we think Gale's scenes are complicated to get, adding the rest of the party member and tadpole scenes must certainly ramp up the complexity. Which would explain why it's so finicky. Feels like everyone is standing in line to speak when we camp. I hope they can iron out the kinks so these conversations can occur simultaneously at camp. No reason that a party member at High Approval has to wait for one party member at Neutral to have their spiel.

veteran
veteran
I actually feel as thought the approval system may be a bit misleading - whether or not companions are with you to see various things, and how you resolve them - whether they pop approval markers of not, do seem to have a lot more weight in determining what happens, than the basic approval rating you can check.

Feels like everyone is standing in line to speak when we camp. I hope they can iron out the kinks so these conversations can occur simultaneously at camp. No reason that a party member at High Approval has to wait for one party member at Neutral to have their spiel.

Or at the very least, that they DO, in fact, wait... that you can't and won't miss out on them, and that they'll just wait in the wings to play as soon as there's a free camp evening.... even if you build up several event flags waiting, they'll just wait to progress one at a time in order as you camp successive times. Anything would be better than having them fail to fire and missing out, just because they got to like you *too much* for the earlier scenes.

Niara #753868 29/01/21 01:49 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Not sure if it's the easiest, but I've gotten the Thay tome and amethyst down to a science. Getting the book is easy enough. And just have something to leave on the pedestal (Indiana Jones like) to keep from the trap smiting you too hard.

As for the stone to unlock it, going in via the broken wall under the forge is the closest location. Fight off the ettercaps and the one spider and get the spider boots off the skeleton for either Astarion or your main if they are a rogue. Split the team and send the other three back to the Blighted Village to wait. Then an invisibility potion and some careful sneaking will keep you from having to deal with the remaining phase spiders. Grab the stone and map back to the Blighted Village to meet up with the rest of the party.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
Originally Posted by ArcanaJayne
Not sure if it's the easiest, but I've gotten the Thay tome and amethyst down to a science. Getting the book is easy enough. And just have something to leave on the pedestal (Indiana Jones like) to keep from the trap smiting you too hard.

As for the stone to unlock it, going in via the broken wall under the forge is the closest location. Fight off the ettercaps and the one spider and get the spider boots off the skeleton for either Astarion or your main if they are a rogue. Split the team and send the other three back to the Blighted Village to wait. Then an invisibility potion and some careful sneaking will keep you from having to deal with the remaining phase spiders. Grab the stone and map back to the Blighted Village to meet up with the rest of the party.

That's what I did too. It was actually easier than it sounds because once you get out of the spiders' vision cones, you'll rarely be spotted again because its so dark.

smd1967 #766279 22/03/21 01:59 AM
Z
addict
addict
Z
This is such garbage design, I'm sorry.

When it takes searching a forum to find out unintuitively that you have to pace what you have to do out in the game such as to not inadvertently lock yourself out of a cutscene, you know this is basically an alpha, not even a beta. Do they even have playtesters nearly 4 months out of the early access period with no fix still to this crap?

smd1967 #823017 23/07/22 03:17 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
It seems that this issue is still in the game.

smd1967 #823177 24/07/22 01:00 PM
veteran
veteran
I just had the Weave scene and I didn't care about resting often or taking notes of Gales approval, since I'm not planning on romancing him. So it seems, they fixed that.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
smd1967 #825057 04/08/22 12:07 AM
veteran
veteran
Lae'zel dies on the ship = her body should be at the starting beach next to Shadowheart

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
fylimar #825285 05/08/22 12:50 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by fylimar
I just had the Weave scene and I didn't care about resting often or taking notes of Gales approval, since I'm not planning on romancing him. So it seems, they fixed that.

Yes, same here, and I'm sure I did things that in previous playthroughs had sent the approval high too quickly. I still didn't get his dialogue requesting the Necromancy of Thay or the option to give it to him when I'd got the key, though, despite the fact he was in the party and disapproved when I read it myself, so even if some of the approval-related triggers have been fixed it looks like there's still some work to do.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Originally Posted by fylimar

Yes, same here, and I'm sure I did things that in previous playthroughs had sent the approval high too quickly. I still didn't get his dialogue requesting the Necromancy of Thay or the option to give it to him when I'd got the key, though, despite the fact he was in the party and disapproved when I read it myself, so even if some of the approval-related triggers have been fixed it looks like there's still some work to do.
Yeah, I had his dialogue with him, where he tells me, that he needs to consume magical items twice. Which cost me an Item, I wanted to have for a party member.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
smd1967 #827439 22/08/22 02:45 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I finally got Gale's Weave scene *before* the camp party, and he's at "exceptional" approval... All the other companions are throwing themselves at my char (femelf). Not Gale, though... he just says he will reveal his big secret (his chest-thing) the night after the party is over... no invitation for a private evening possible.

*sigh*

Is it possible to get his "fairy tale story" *before* the camp celebrations with the tieflings? I want to play as a sorcerer/wizard power couple. :p

"Tribe?"
Demothios #827441 22/08/22 03:10 PM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Demothios
I finally got Gale's Weave scene *before* the camp party, and he's at "exceptional" approval... All the other companions are throwing themselves at my char (femelf). Not Gale, though... he just says he will reveal his big secret (his chest-thing) the night after the party is over... no invitation for a private evening possible.

*sigh*

Is it possible to get his "fairy tale story" *before* the camp celebrations with the tieflings? I want to play as a sorcerer/wizard power couple. :p

I seemed to have more success with Gale when I ignored him and left him in camp. I did a couple of playthroughs without him and got all his dialogue scenes, but the other day did a partial run to check something else, his approval was already very high before I left the Druid grove and I didn’t even get his mirror image scene.

That said, I thought that if you got the Weave scene and high approval before the party and hadn’t shut down the possibility of romance, then you’d get the opportunity to spend the evening with him after it. Though I only managed to do this once with stupid amounts of resting a few patches ago. Did you “get intimate” during the Weave scene? I’m not sure whether that’s a prerequisite.

I don’t *think* it’s possible to get the specific “fairy tale” dialogue before the party, though I can’t recall exactly as it is possible to find out the salient points beforehand and he might tell you the story earlier if so. I think I used the tadpole on him and then confessed to it, but there’s a high chance of annoying him badly and surely that’s not required for the romance.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
smd1967 #827463 22/08/22 06:58 PM
addict
addict
I got it before the party and my character did the deed with him during the party…. Ugg he is soooo full of himself lol.

She may just have to use him as a level 10 destruction spell when the need arises. Or just use his corpse as a crowd control death spell when swarmed… Withers can always bring him back when needed smile

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
I got it before the party and my character did the deed with him during the party…. Ugg he is soooo full of himself lol.

She may just have to use him as a level 10 destruction spell when the need arises. Or just use his corpse as a crowd control death spell when swarmed… Withers can always bring him back when needed smile

Hmm, do you recall the specific dialogue you used *before* the party? Either flirty dialogue isn't showing for me, or it's just not very obviously flirty.

And thanks for your suggestion, The_Red_Queen of just keeping him mostly in camp. I'll try not letting his approval go beyond high.

"Tribe?"
smd1967 #827469 22/08/22 08:03 PM
addict
addict
My charecter was a Drow/bard, when the weave scenes played, I remember stating that it was easy for me to do. And yes flirty while messaging his ego…. Now to take a shower and some penicillin…

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 22/08/22 08:04 PM.
smd1967 #827502 23/08/22 02:53 AM
veteran
veteran
all the talks are linked to long rest and its very easy to miss them because some other event kicked in instead like Vamp boy sucking pigs or Rap asking for your soul

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Demothios #827555 23/08/22 03:27 PM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Demothios
Hmm, do you recall the specific dialogue you used *before* the party? Either flirty dialogue isn't showing for me, or it's just not very obviously flirty.

I suspect the key one is during the Weave scene when you can opt to lean into the intimate nature of the moment (can’t recollect the exact text) and then picture a kiss. The only other flirty line I can recall is saying “like your handsome self” early on when he asks how he looks. Could be more that I don’t remember, and I’m not sure whether any of them are hard prerequisites of the romance. I suspect the first isn’t, because it requires success summoning the Weave.

addict
addict
Yes, that’s the one. He specifically brings that one back up.

Demothios #827698 24/08/22 11:36 AM
addict
addict
There's another scene after the weave scene that might be important for that. One were Gale shares some more personal info (the "Loss scene"). So more bonding happens there. Might be a key scene? I know I always wait for that scene to appear before the Tiefling Party. And he did ask me to spend the night with him.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard