Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I'm just saying, I'm basically doing QA work for free. Surely we can get something out of this.

Last edited by Ankou; 23/03/21 11:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ankou
I'm just saying, I'm basically doing QA work for free. Surely we can get something out of this.

😳😯😯😯😯😯😁😁😁😁

Yes please. +1000000000000

veteran
veteran
While I wouldn't be against such a thing, I'd really far prefer that they spend their time and effort on actually paying attention to the work that many of the folks here are putting in, and improve the game's quality first.

No againt it, but the biggest reward, for me, would be a game that's not bogged down in all the glaring issues and hack-jobs that they're, as yet, showing no inclination towards fixing.

Did you know that that time they 'listened to us' and removed surface creation form catrips? Apparently someone in the Larian office decided that that wasn't fun enough, and they walked it back again, so now Ray of Frost is creating ice terrain surface effects again, and can be abused as an easy 'save for prone' and concentration interrupter again, as of the most recent patch.

Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Looks like I'll actually ray of frost again. They probably checked their metrics and decided nobody uses that cantrip anymore.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ankou
work
What work? laugh
We only play a game and complain about stuff we dont like. laugh

And BTW you get your reward, you get acess to all content that will be removed, or more likely changed before release. :P

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
If they ever listen to me. Which we'll see. Also, if playing the game and taking notes about it isn't work, why do QA people get paid?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Niara
While I wouldn't be against such a thing, I'd really far prefer that they spend their time and effort on actually paying attention to the work that many of the folks here are putting in, and improve the game's quality first.

No againt it, but the biggest reward, for me, would be a game that's not bogged down in all the glaring issues and hack-jobs that they're, as yet, showing no inclination towards fixing.

Did you know that that time they 'listened to us' and removed surface creation form catrips? Apparently someone in the Larian office decided that that wasn't fun enough, and they walked it back again, so now Ray of Frost is creating ice terrain surface effects again, and can be abused as an easy 'save for prone' and concentration interrupter again, as of the most recent patch.

pretty much

halfling thread... exclamation

and donkeys horsey

veteran
veteran
I don't know about you, Rag, but I've dedicated a great deal of time to testing, analysing, recording, cross-referencing and comparing, and then to constructing that data and analysis into structured responses and break downs that are the kinds of work that most game companies legitimately pay people to do (I've done such work for actual commission before, though admittedly with tighter vetting of tone than some of my earlier posts), and I've personally written about three university post-grad level thesis with sources and references, worth of high calibre material to this end. I'm doing it for free here because I care about this game.

I do not really "play" the game, and I do not "complain".

That's not what I'm here to do.

addict
addict

Same. Same, same, same.

addict
addict
I don't know about you, Rag, but I've dedicated a great deal of time to testing, analysing, recording, cross-referencing and comparing, and then to constructing that data and analysis into structured responses and break downs that are the kinds of work that most game companies legitimately pay people to do (I've done such work for actual commission before, though admittedly with tighter vetting of tone than some of my earlier posts), and I've personally written about three university post-grad level thesis with sources and references, worth of high calibre material to this end. I'm doing it for free here because I care about this game.

But they don't force you, and what's more, you pay them for it. So it is strange to demand a "reward" for volunteering.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Might be true, Nyloth, but it'd still be nice to get some sort of in game reward for it. Maybe some cool armor or something as an optional gear set. Something for all the time we put into it would be really fun.

M
Banned
Banned
M
Let me get this straight, so I go buy a game and play it and then I should get some kind of rewards or money from playing the game? Is this real life, this is not how life worked when I was young...

Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyloth

But they don't force you, and what's more, you pay them for it. So it is strange to demand a "reward" for volunteering.

Even the Red Cross gives you stickers when you give blood.

M
Banned
Banned
M
You guys are not some heroes, you just bought a game, that's it, get off your high horse. You were not hired to be game testers.

Last edited by MrSam; 24/03/21 05:59 PM.
Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
We bought a game and are volunteering time to improve the game. If anything that only further enforces the argument. A fortiori, some basic recognition for doing QA work for free would be nice. I'm not saying I expect it, but damn I'm a paying beta tester and it's like nobody from Larian cares or recognizes that we're being extremely accommodating just because we're passionate fans.

Last edited by Ankou; 24/03/21 06:08 PM.
M
Banned
Banned
M
No, you bought a game that is still in early access stage and you bought it because you are so eager to get some BG3 playtime. Don't act like you are some war hero who deserves a medal and compensation.

Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The vast majority of my posting on this message board is related to game design and my concerns thereof (not to mention my glitch reports through the game's own feedback system). If you want an economic analysis, while I have an incentive to do so because I want the best game possible on release, there's also at minimum significant positive externalities to Larian that are not captured by this.

I also don't understand the need for hyperbole. Nobody is claiming to be a hero.

Just answer this one question: Do QA people get paid to play the game, look for bugs, and give feedback as to the user experience?

M
Banned
Banned
M
QA people are hired for a specific job where they qualify. You don't meet those qualifications, your input is not needed. It's the same if some Joe would go to Apple store and hangs around there the whole day and at the end of the day he goes and asks for payment. This Joe was not hired to work at Apple store, he does not deserve any compensation for wasting his day at the Apple store.

Last edited by MrSam; 24/03/21 06:26 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
although I'm certain that they won't do this, I'm hoping for the Artificer class as a bonus to all who played EA. For all others it could be a cheap DLC?

M
Banned
Banned
M
I actually feel that Larian should've put higher price tag for early access because you get to play the game long before the full game is released. I don't want you to feel bad because of my harsh words, but I really don't think that Larian owes us anything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard