Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Having +2 profiency bonus is normal for level 1-4.

Computer games have much more combat than PnP, so it is normal that exp are reduced if the devs don´t want us to get lv20 before half of the game is done.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
At the moment there is such a small map and so few quests and there are already so many bugs in it and it takes forever to fix these bugs, my god we can be happy when the game is released in 2023, the work is like a snail. get more people who work faster and no more covid 19 excuses here you can do everything in home office since no brothel

It's insanely slow. Still have day 1 bugs and they don't seem to care about fixing the most important issues with game mechanics.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
I am also having issues with Auntie Ethel and I'm playing a Tiefling Ranger so I don't think it is related to choice in race. Your character just seems to forget that you just saw the dead brothers and the dialogue option just doesn't show up. I've also encountered the dialogue glitch. I was also given the Human response answer.

Originally Posted by NamelessDragon
I'm having the same issue as a half-drow. I encountered their bodies, took the letter and both my PC and Shadowheart commented on their deaths. But when I get to the conversation with Ethel and Mayrina, the option to inform her about what happened to her brothers just isn't there. Instead of "That's Mayrina? I have bad news for her", there's only "That's Mayrina? Where are her brothers?". Never had this problem before. I also get a [Human] tagged dialogue option with Ethel in that conversation for some strange reason when, yeah, I'm a half-drow.

Another bug is during the first conversation with Ethel and the brothers, if you wish them good luck instead of saying that you'll help them look for Mayrina, their bodies simply never spawn? But if you pick the first option, they do. Never experienced any of these bugs in this questline before, so I'm guessing it's stuff caused by the new patch.

Glad I am not the only one that was having this issue. It's good to get the data out there so they know of the issue. Also thanks Jess Larian for letting us know about those details and appreciating our feedback. smile

My Tiefling Druid is having these same issues with the Ethel dialog. I've found Mayrina's brothers; I've used speak with dead to question them; I have their letter and other belongings... still can't break the news to her.

C
stranger
stranger
C
hello I have a big problem since the 4th patch when i star a Game I can not see my action and trick buttons. Problem with UI

Last edited by Cummunism-Chan; 23/03/21 01:10 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cummunism-Chan
hello I have a big problem since the 4th patch when i star a Game I can not see my action and trick buttons. Problem with UI

That's a mod issue. Try with no mods and see if you have the same trouble.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Spoilered in case someone hasn't found this area yet.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the DEVS way of subtly saying "Don't go there, idiot". But in the Zhentarim Hideout at coordinates X: 283 Y-219 you can see a kind of aqueduct in the cave's background. If you go to the ledge here you can find a series of steps leading down towards the water, then you get to a bit where you can't walk any further, but you can jump to the area where some support beams are. And from there you have the option to jump down into the shallow water on one side, or another patch of ground on the other. I thought this was maybe a secret area like the bit under the Hag's hut and tried exploring. I died. Multiple times. And it's not from fall damage. There's a brief moment after you do the second jump (one one side, the other takes three) that makes it look like the game is loading a new area. But then it immediately cuts to your character's dead prone body lying on the ground.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug preventing access to an area, or if it's an area the DEVS don't want us to go to. But if it's the latter, then having those steps to bait us into going down and giving us the option to jump from a reasonable height seems a bit sadistic. As it should be pretty easy to disable the ability to land a jump there.

Last edited by xbox432; 24/03/21 08:32 PM. Reason: Clarification of Process

And the monkey flips the switch. - A former Field Artillery Sergeant
X
stranger
stranger
X
Just found a second glitch in the same place as above... Hopefully, I don't get in trouble for double posting about two separate subjects here.

In the Zhentarim Hideout at X: 281 Y: -180, while you are on the downward slope right in front of the cell gate, the wolf right above you disappears. Further, the roaming guard will also seemingly become invisible while moving up the slope or in the area right above you. And I'm not meaning they're on another ledge or simply hidden behind something. From a different position they can be seen easily, but while you're in that one spot in front of the door they remain invisible. Though you can still hover over them with the cursor to get a kind of white outline of them.

Spooked the hell out of me when I seemingly got caught stealing by a ghost.

And the monkey flips the switch. - A former Field Artillery Sergeant
C
stranger
stranger
C

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by chaoscapi

I've had this happen when Guidance was used. Did you have Guidance when the rolls failed? I've also had "success" with clearly failed rolls while Guidance was active as well. I have reported it officially and gotten a reply that it's a known bug when Guidance is used.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have not been able to move from "Neutral" approval with Astarion since the patch, after all mods removed and the game reinstalled. This is after the bite and giving him the Necromancy of Thay.

I have seen no one else reporting.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I found a bug which happened in a conversation in camp. It's when the PC wakes up when Astarion is trying to bite her. If I chose the Ithilid option in the ensuing dialog and pass the check, the game would freeze at that point. I could see the subtitle for Astarion's next line, but didn't hear the audio. I could still reload a save, I just couldn't progress the game. I had a save right before going to sleep and could reproduce the bug. If I took a different path through the conversation not involving the Ithilid option it proceeded normally.

This is on PC through Steam, no mods.

Last edited by CbusCJB; 27/03/21 04:22 PM. Reason: Give a bit more info
stranger
stranger
I created a Druid, but when I went into the game I had issues with the "produce flame" cantrip.

How do you throw it, I was not able to figure that out. I should be able to cast and throw without losing my action according to the info.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by state02
1) Room with the book of the dead. I tried opening it with both Shadowheart and Gale. They both fail and the game locks up. The only difference from the last patch was the tool tip about inspiration points. I reloaded the game a number of times but the lock up happens whether they fail or succeed.

Can confirm this is also the case for me.

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by VesNL
1) Room with the book of the dead. I tried opening it with both Shadowheart and Gale. They both fail and the game locks up. The only difference from the last patch was the tool tip about inspiration points. I reloaded the game a number of times but the lock up happens whether they fail or succeed.

If you press spacebar or 1, this should move things along.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SavvyPanda
Apparently, every time I load a save my characters swap their weapons (from melee to ranged and back).

I was rather confused because Lae'zel was suddenly running around with her bow out and not her starting long sword on the nautiloid. It doesn't even have to be a character's turn or for them even to be in your party. I left Shadowheart at camp with her mace and shield equipped, had saved and reloaded, popped back in to grab her for a run in the crypts and, surprise! She has a crossbow on her back. I even got to watch Gale examining his mirror image, one with a quarterstaff and one with a crossbow.
It happens every time I reload. And it seems to happen with people not in the party as well. At the battle at the druid gate, the mercenary who usually uses a bow ended up swapping to her bare fists.

To be fair, I am using a drow druid that I made with the new patch and not with the hotfix. Don't know if that changes anything.

It's been doing this for me as well, and it's really annoying. Every time I load a game, I have to switch everyone back. And it did it for me both with a character created just before the hotfix and one created after, so I don't think that impacts it. I didn't actually notice it doing with anyone outside of my party members or camp members, but that might have just been me being unobservant.

enthusiast
enthusiast
My list of bugs:

- I killed Ethel by shoving her off a cliff (hilarious), freed Mayrina and let her go off and raise her baby with a zombie (eww). Talked to the Masks, etc. Everyone in the game knows Ethel is dead - except my quest log, where it still says "seek help from Auntie Ethel". Log has not updated.
- Conversation cutscenes occasionally bugging out to a black screen, can still hear the NPC voice and see the text and progress the conversation, but the visual bugs out.
- Combat - I tell a character to go hit something or cast a spell that involves touching the target, they move and path around the target (my bad for selecting that pathing really) which opens them up to an attack by the target. They get attacked, possibly retaliate in response, but forget what skill/spell I told them to use so I have to do it again. Not sure this is intended?
- Character screen - after cycling through the characters sorting out their armour and such, I noticed that Shadowheart's "Worshipper of Shar" gets stuck and is visible for every character I click after. I'm pretty sure my Tiefling Druid was not a Shar worshipper! smile
- Also character screen - playing Tiefling Druid female, her skin and bra clips through the front of Drow armour. But only on the character screen, not in the game itself. Have not seen this with any other armour.
- Dream Lover - after character creation, I'm 99% sure I selected his hair to be dark brown, but when he showed up in the dream, his hair was all white. It could have been a last second mis-click at initial character creation, but I really don't think so as I was trying to re-create my husband's looks at the time (this was BEFORE I had any idea of who the Dream Lover was - never doing that again!!! Too creepy!)
- After spending the night with Astarion, none of the other party members had anything to say about it. Next morning's conversation goes straight to Halsin's explanation of where the team should go next, and talking to the other characters after only has all the usual recurring chat options. My husband's playthrough on a different computer did have character comments about his evening with Shadowheart, and I've read that the characters usually have something to say on your choice of partner, so I feel like I missed out on some party banter. frown
- Speaking of party banter, I've noticed on my husband's computer the characters are reasonably chatty throughout exploring (he usually runs with Shadowheart, Gale and Wyll). My team (Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel) seemingly ran through all of their lines in one spot in the Forest area - and then nothing since! I don't know whether this is bugged, or this particular NPC combination just doesn't have much banter included yet, or it's somehow based on banter happening in one specific area, but mine have been more or less silent for the rest of my game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VesNL

Yep, this is definitely happening for me too. This book is problematic.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard