Print Thread
#766953 25/03/21 04:49 PM
S
Sigi98 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
(I used the search function to find similar threads but couldn't find anything; if there is a thread with this topic please merge this one with it.)

Ok so I don't have to do much explaining here I think... often times I have to click 5 times on a character's portrait until the game finally switches to the character.
When I drag an item from my inventory to another person's inventory, i often have to click and drag 2 or 3 times until I really 'grab' it. When I finally have the item and can drag it around, it almost 'lags' behind, don't know how else to explain.
Sometimes when I click on a spell to cast it, the game doesn't recognize it.

...you get the idea. Please make the UI more responsive, so I don't have to click on everything more than once.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the UI needs a serious overhaul. Even in conception the way it's working now is clunky. You pick up a million consumables just by playing the game and you push out all your abilities. The portrait feature is new, so I expect a few bugs here and there.

S
Sigi98 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Originally Posted by Ankou
I think the UI needs a serious overhaul. Even in conception the way it's working now is clunky. You pick up a million consumables just by playing the game and you push out all your abilities. The portrait feature is new, so I expect a few bugs here and there.

are you referring to the new thing where you can target people by clicking their portraits? because I was just talking about simply clicking on a portrait to select with which character to walk around, for example. so pretty basic features. i hope the new freatures introduced didn't cause bugs in these fundamental things.

Edit: I also remember feeling that way about the UI from the very beginning.

Last edited by Sigi98; 25/03/21 05:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ankou

I agree. UI needs serious overhaul. Jumping/Disengaging causes enemies to attack me because in order to reach some spot I'm trying to reach the game makes my character first move away from the enemy, trigger AOO, and then jumps. If I click Disengage, I should never get hit no matter where I move.

Many times I click on Knock Out, and it doesn't work and I wind up killing someone. I've taken to hitting the button a number of times in a row just to make sure it's enabled, and if I ever roll a natural 20 I kill the person even if I select Knock Out.

I'd rather have Jump be automatic. I pick where I want to go and if a jump is needed then the person jumps. Right now, jumping adds to how far you can move in a single round, and it's very clunky. It is also weird that characters are jumping all over the screen all the time. As far as I know, people don't jump around like that when in melee and ranged combat. It also shouldn't be a bonus action. I can do WAY too many things in a single round.

I've also had issues with clicking on Melee vs. Ranged where it doesn't take that I picked one or the other. Single to Dual wielding switches automatically back to Dual without me selecting it so my characters will often stab with one hand and follow up with the other whether I killed an enemy with the first attack or not. Many buttons don't work when I hit them and I wind up thinking I've selected a special ability (like Astarion's Sneak Attack) when I haven't. Lately, my character keeps defaulting back to ranged weapons without me switching it back, and I'll attack via ranged attack before realizing that it's on Ranged.

And yeah, we should decide what items/abilities are on the hot bar. Items/abilities should not just auto-drop into slots and push other skills and abilities down on the list. I don't mind if new abilities are auto-added, but they should be after the ones already on the hot bar. They should not push abilities and items I've already set down on the list.

I'd like some sort of Group Stealth button so I don't have to Hit C to stealth one character, click on the portrait or tap ], Hit C again to stealth the next, etc., etc. And yeah, I often have to click and click and click to switch characters.

Speaking of switching characters, I'd also like to be able to switch which character is the primary speaker during dialogues. If Astarion accidentally triggers a dialogue, but I want my Main to be the one who does the rolling and/or speaking, let me switch which character is talking to the dialogue character. Likewise, if Astarion has better Deception, and I need a good Deception roll, let me switch to Astarion during dialogue so he can be the one to do the deceiving.

So yeah. Long story short, the UI needs some serious overhauling in lots and lots of ways. I don't mind the layout so much, but the functionality needs help.

addict
addict
I don't remember for sure if this particular issue (click sensitivity / clicks not being properly registered) has had a dedicated thread in the past. But it has been mentioned quite a number of times, I remember. Basically since Day 1.

If I'm not too mistaken, the issue even arose during the Panel From Hell 2 demo, although it was brushed under the carpet.

But yes, it is an issue.

The particular areas where it has affected negatively me the most are as you mentioned. To which I'd add one.
  • Selecting a new character.
  • Moving items in the Inventory Menu.
  • Memorising/un-memorising spells.

veteran
veteran
And i thought my mouse is going to its end ...
Maybe i judged her too harsh. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Yes, as I said it before:
- We need a spell menu. A hotbar with tons of abilities and items is a total mess, especially when you have to re arrange stuff every time you learn something new. And then a "cast spell x again" icon pops up some hotbars further down.
- We also need a better inventory system. Moving items between characters all the time is annoying.
Plus my inventory gets flooded with tons of items were I am not sure if I ever need them again or not.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Agreed

Couple other threads where this has come up

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=744954#Post744954

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=752140#Post752140

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=754021#Post754021

and in the party movement megathread

Often its brought up as "extra clicks" or "too many clicks" but I think its also because the click/drag just isn't very responsive for anything

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/03/21 10:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
I would prefer overhaul of the entire UI, but yeah, aside from it's functionality being questionable, for some reason it is also unresponsive and unreliable. I recommend using shortcuts as much as possible.

Link Copied to Clipboard