Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by JoB
I think they should do a narrator with a British accent.

And then another male narrator, only this time with an Australian accent.

And then another female narrator, only with a Southern United States accent.

And then if we get a Russian accent, please?

Also, am I the one who wants a Slingblade accent, like Billy Bob Thornton had in the movie?

Then we can move on and do one of those Transatlantic accents like they used to use in the picture shows.

Oh my goodness, the possibilities are endless. I'll start making a list.

YES. Can we get Seth McFarlane to do separate narrations for each of his characters in Family Guy?

Qia Offline
stranger
stranger
Wouldn't mind having Brian Bowles (DOS 2 narrator) come back to do a male voice over.

Can't stand the current narrator, her voice is insufferable. Very happy there's a mute option available.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Qia
Wouldn't mind having Brian Bowles (DOS 2 narrator) come back to do a male voice over.

Can't stand the current narrator, her voice is insufferable. Very happy there's a mute option available.

How dare you.

The voice is great.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
I would not put a new narrator on the top of my priority list for things that I'd like to see added - but if I had the option handed to me, then I'd like to try another one. I too enjoy Bowles from DOS2 (but that might just be nostalgia) and would be delighted to have him return, but alas - like I said, it is not on the top of my priority list.

Originally Posted by Qia

Although, I wouldn't go as far to say that her voice is insufferable. Imo, their choice of voice actor makes much sense since her speech is both fluent and smooth. I really do not have much to complain about except for "well maybe I'd prefer A, B, C or D" - but in the end I'd gladly settle with the current lady narrator.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Banned
Banned
Male narrator, female narrator. Meh, I'd rather not have any narrator. Show. Don't tell. Minimise the use of the narrator, at least. Take, for example, when you click on Scratch. The narrator tells you that there's a bag in his mouth. Well, I can see that. That scene doesn't need a narrator to tell me that. It also doesn't need to point out that Scratch is wagging his tail, because I can see that too. The better the animation, the less need there is for a narrator.

When you first "mind meld" with your companions, the narrator goes on and on about what you're supposed to see in your mind. It'd be so much better if the game would just show it to me. Don't tell me that my character sees a being with horns and wings when I invaded Wyll's mind, show me the cambion.

Last edited by Passerby; 24/03/21 08:05 AM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Passerby
Male narrator, female narrator. Meh, I'd rather not have any narrator. Show. Don't tell. Minimise the use of the narrator, at least. Take, for example, when you click on Scratch. The narrator tells you that there's a bag in his mouth. Well, I can see that. That scene doesn't need a narrator to tell me that. It also doesn't need to point out that Scratch is wagging his tail, because I can see that too. The better the animation, the less need there is for a narrator.

When you first "mind meld" with your companions, the narrator goes on and on about what you're supposed to see in your mind. It'd be so much better if the game would just show it to me. Don't tell me that my character sees a being with horns and wings when I invaded Wyll's mind, show me the cambion.

While I see where you're coming from, I'll have to politely disagree. I like narrators in CRPGs - it is one of the thing that I liked the most about DOS2 (which was my first proper CRPG), I can still hear some of his iconic lines in my head... Every time I look into the mirror I hear his "You look yourself at the mirror, and its quite a sight!" and the "Did you expect a needle?" and "Now is not the time for a bath!" also pops up in my head every now and then. :'D While I never enjoyed a narrator quite as much, I still very much prefer my CRPGs with a narrator. It does wonder for the story-telling aspect and makes it feel like you're a part of a DnD session - a simulation I value highly myself, as I never had the opportunity to attend to one irl.

Obviously, this is a matter of opinion and preferences so me disagreeing does not make your own opinion less valid... I just wanted to share my (disagreeing) opinion on the matter.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
To add to the 'show me' ... it's one of the weird ways they get to cut corners, in the case of Wyll's patron, that would mean adding more maps to the world layer (per act), more animation etc. It's cheaper to do the (honestly stupid looking) hand thing they do and have a narrated voice line.

Also for anyone blind, listening, can enjoy the game more as things are aptly described.

Qia Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by Qia

How dare you.

The voice is great.

Tastes differ, you like it, I don't. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by Lethan
To add to the 'show me' ... it's one of the weird ways they get to cut corners, in the case of Wyll's patron, that would mean adding more maps to the world layer (per act), more animation etc. It's cheaper to do the (honestly stupid looking) hand thing they do and have a narrated voice line.

Also for anyone blind, listening, can enjoy the game more as things are aptly described.

I'm curious, how would a blind person play a game like this? Combat or even general exploration seems to lack enough auditory cues/feedback to make sense of it.

old hand
old hand
Mmm, I do hope there is an option for a male narrator voice too, but even if there wont be; I am very fine with the one they have! She's great.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I'd rather get a voice actor like Minthara for male Drow that gives you the menacing voice Minthara has. The normal male voices are great for other races, but too upbeat/amicable for a Drow player.

journeyman
journeyman
Even though I don't feel a narrator is always necessary (for simple descriptions at least), I do think the current narrator is really good. Although I think the money could be better spent elsewhere (e.g. other player voice options), I wouldn't be against a second narrator for some variety.

Although I'm sure most would think it's not a good fit, I would vote for a male narrator that sounds like like Adam Jensen. I could listen to his voice all day. delight Not just Elias Toufexis, it has to be the Adam Jensen voice. wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard