Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Varujan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
If your character has a high enough strength, they are able to throw most enemies in the game. The enemies do not get a contested Athletics check to save against being thrown, so throw always works on any enemy that your character can throw. When an enemy is thrown, most enemies take quite a lot of bludgeoning damage as well (Don't try this on Imps). This doesn't even factor in that you can throw enemies off of cliffs; into other enemies (sometimes dealing damage to both); into environmental hazards such as fire, explosives, or into a pit of spiders; or far enough away that they are unable to make it all the way back to where you are standing to attack you on their turn.

This is so versatile that it's quite easy to do a great deal of the content in the game without any other party members with you, relying on solely on the consistency of Throw for most of your actions.

There are a couple of enemies that can't be thrown. The most confusing of these is Dwarves. Each other humanoid race can be thrown. I think each race has it's own Str requirement to Throw and I guess Dwarves are set with a really high requirement.

Last edited by Varujan; 25/03/21 04:46 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Varujan
The most confusing of these is Dwarves.
Remember, this is Larian Studios... grin

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by Elessaria666; 25/03/21 09:55 PM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by Varujan
If your character has a high enough strength, they are able to throw most enemies in the game. The enemies do not get a contested Athletics check to save against being thrown, so throw always works on any enemy that your character can throw. When an enemy is thrown, most enemies take quite a lot of bludgeoning damage as well (Don't try this on Imps). This doesn't even factor in that you can throw enemies off of cliffs; into other enemies (sometimes dealing damage to both); into environmental hazards such as fire, explosives, or into a pit of spiders; or far enough away that they are unable to make it all the way back to where you are standing to attack you on their turn.

This is so versatile that it's quite easy to do a great deal of the content in the game without any other party members with you, relying on solely on the consistency of Throw for most of your actions.

There are a couple of enemies that can't be thrown. The most confusing of these is Dwarves. Each other humanoid race can be thrown. I think each race has it's own Str requirement to Throw and I guess Dwarves are set with a really high requirement.

I've done a solo playthrough where I only allowed myself to throw enemies, throw items, cast non-offensive spells and interact with destructible items in the environment. It was fun, but I still hope they nerf throw. It's so good, once you know about it, it's hard to avoid using it.

Your Str determines the maximum weight that can be thrown. If you have a high Str character and can't throw a small npc, it's because they have weight of -1.

Link Copied to Clipboard