Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sigi98 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Not so that they can't be cast anymore, just so that you notice that you're going to break your concentration if you choose to cast this spell. Or really any other solution that notifies you when this happens would be great. A pop-up would also do the trick, although that would be a lot more disrupting.

veteran
veteran
+1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
G
addict
addict
G
+1

I wouldn't specifically use greying out, since that communicates something that can't be used. But maybe a border or a little brain icon or something that shows up on concentration spells when you're already concentrating on something. Also, among the many other UI changes that would be nice, clearer communication that you are actively concentrating on something would help. Right now, it just blends in with other status effects.

old hand
old hand
Or put a "C" in the bottom right corner of spells that have concentration. (And maybe add R in the other corner for those that should be ritual cast thus making them free to use out of combat)
Basically make it that the symbol makes it clear what kind of spell it is.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 28/03/21 10:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Or put a "C" in the bottom right corner of spells that have concentration. (And maybe add R in the other corner for those that should be ritual cast thus making them free to use out of combat)
I hope you mean bottom left ...
In bottom right there is (or should be in some cases) spell level. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I hope you mean bottom left ...
In bottom right there is (or should be in some cases) spell level. :-/

You are right I uh messed up directions. Though I guess with this suggested change, number could go to top left or right lol.

L
addict
addict
L
The spell you are currently concentrating on should be highlighted with an animated border like the active reactions.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Solid idea. +1

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think Concentration deserves its own UI element, maybe in place of one of the 4 health pool indicators. That way it could both display the current Concentration spell, AND allow you to cancel Concentration WITHOUT casting a new spell.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
The spell you are currently concentrating on should be highlighted with an animated border like the active reactions.

I really like this idea

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by hypostase
Originally Posted by LukasPrism

I really like this idea

I also +1 this one.
With a better UI this could be really usefull.

Honnestly I wouldn't really like grey icons because it would looks like you can't use them.
I think the toggle/highlight solution is better.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
+1, some kind of icon / sign of spells that replace a currently concentrated spell would be nice.

Link Copied to Clipboard