Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
OP Offline
addict
Just as the title says, what do you hope to see in Patch 5? Whether that be changes or new content.

For me it's a few things:
  • I would love to see advantage & disadvantage come with more of a premium. Whether backstab gets locked to melee dex weapons or the rogue class. Or all the issues with verticality get sorted out.
  • I would like to see a better GUI for inventory and trading. Ideally a shared inventory with shared encumbrance.
  • True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset.
  • Hopefully there are solutions to managing the party (group/ungroup all, please)!
  • Dragonborn.
  • Sorcerer or Paladin.
  • New robes for Tav and friends.
  • Level 5 grin

Last edited by DragonSnooz; 30/03/21 10:44 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
  • Larian cheese scaled further back (and D&D replace it).
  • Actual balanced rest mechanics, day/night cycle.
  • Dice roll character generator.
  • Difficulty levels (more accurate feedback).

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Just as the title says, what do you hope to see in Patch 5? Whether that be changes or new content.

For me it's a few things:
  • I would love to see advantage & disadvantage come with more of a premium. Whether backstab gets locked to melee dex weapons or the rogue class. Or all the issues with verticality get sorted out.
  • I would like to see a better GUI for inventory and trading. Ideally a shared inventory with shard encumbrance.
  • True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset.
  • Hopefully there are solutions to managing the party (group/ungroup all, please)!
  • Dragonborn.
  • Sorcerer or Paladin.
  • New robes for Tav and friends.
  • Level 5 grin

I would actually load the game again for this.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I'd like an optional "Core D&D Rules" mode/difficulty level:
  • Disengage, Shove, Hide cost an Action (except for rogues)
  • Attacking from the back doesn't grant Advantage
  • Elevation doesn't grant Advantage/Disadvantage
  • Cannot dip weapons into fire for extra damage
  • Cannot eat food items during combat.
  • Cannot pick up overly large items like chests or barrels (though you can still move them around)

Last edited by agouzov; 30/03/21 08:50 PM.
veteran
veteran
D&D RAW difficulty (that removes 90% of the homebrew - I actually like Wizards being able to learn all cantrips so keep that please)

A meaningful resting system with local resting spots.

UI rework.

Clothing and armor models. Starting equipment choices.

Level 5.

Last edited by 1varangian; 30/03/21 10:25 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
"Core D&D Rules" doesn't make sense as a difficulty level. It's about having a coherent system of rules. The current state of the game is taking two different systems and mashing them together in a way that makes the whole game suffer. Asking for rules that make sense as a single system isn't about setting the game difficulty, it's about setting player expectations, creating verisimilitude, and making the game fun. Once you have that, then there should be a variety of difficulty levels.

I want the rules to make sense and work together. That has no bearing on how difficult I want the game to be.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by grysqrl
"Core D&D Rules" doesn't make sense as a difficulty level.

I would agree, except "Core D&D Rules" was a difficulty level in the original BG 1 & 2 (one step up from Standard difficulty), so it could make sense to implement it for players who like the challenge of playing D&D RAW.

Also, I'm sure there are players out there who enjoy being able to dip, backstab and throw barrels, and I don't want to take away their fun, even if it kinda spoils the experience for me.

Last edited by agouzov; 30/03/21 09:42 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
But there, the things that were not "core rules" were essentially minor tweaks to numbers to change the difficulty. Not entirely different rule sets that change the way the game works.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by grysqrl
But there, the things that were not "core rules" were essentially minor tweaks to numbers to change the difficulty. Not entirely different rule sets that change the way the game works.

Exactly. That's why a "Core D&D Rules" difficulty level in BG3 could make fans of RAW D&D really happy.

Last edited by agouzov; 30/03/21 09:48 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
I'm just saying "difficulty level" isn't an appropriate label for what you're describing in your first post in this thread. Those aren't tweaks to numbers - they're major rules changes.

veteran
veteran
I really hope they'll start to improve combats :

- no more backstab but flanking
- no more advantage/disadvantage for highground but a flat bonus
- disengaged untied to jump
- disengage as an action
- jump as movement
- no more food during combats
- 1 more party size slot
- proper reactions

Something else I'd really like is a D/N cycle.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 30/03/21 09:59 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
Let's see...

-More faces
-More armor/robe choices
-Paladins
-An easier stuff selection for selling. (Check boxes, rather than adding one at a time to wares.)
-Fix the bug where I can accidentally destroy the landscape by walking near it
-Broader, more interesting weapon selection for clerics
-More romance interactions and dialogue
-Level 5

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
addict
OP Offline
addict
This thread has the intention of being about what each of us want to see in Patch 5, there doesn't need to be a debate about our personal preferences xD

I've enjoyed reading everyone's wish list so far.

Last edited by DragonSnooz; 30/03/21 09:56 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I really hope they'll start to improve combats :

- no more backstab but flanking
- no more advantage/disadvantage for highground but a flat bonus
- disengaged untied to jump
- disengage as an action
- jump as movement
- no more food during combats
- 1 more party size slot
- proper reactions

Something else I'd really like is a D/N cycle.

I agree with everything above, but I'll expand a little.

- A revamped Reaction System
- Spells: Shield, Absorb Elements, Feather Fall (changed to it's proper Reaction type spell), Spiritual Weapon, Summon Beast
- Paladin class with Oath of Devotion and Oath of Vengeance subclasses at minimum; Oath of Ancients, Oath of Conquest, and Oath Breaker considered
- Smites properly executed
- Aasimar (pipe dream I know)

Last edited by Merlex; 30/03/21 10:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
Here's my list:
  • Make Halsin a companion!!!
  • Fix bug where companion scenes don't trigger during long rest (Gale's weave scene, etc.)
  • Fix bug where npcs start automatically talking to a companion rather than the pc if the companion is closer
  • Fix bug where a druid pc becomes encumbered while in cat or bird form when not encumbered before
  • More high elf and wood elf dialogue options
  • Add applicable noncombat spells to dialogue
  • Add transmog for armor and weapons
  • More companion content
  • Level 5
  • SWTOR-style conversations for co-op

Last edited by Icelyn; 30/03/21 11:15 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
The most important things for me that I would like to see with patch 5 or in any case at the release of the game are related to the feeling of immersion and the impression of being able to abuse the D&D universe because of Larian's house rules :

- A meaningful resting system with local resting spots
- D&D RAW difficulty / Core D&D Rules
- Day-night cycle

(The first 2 points are taken from 1varangian and agouzov who has already expressed them perfectly)

old hand
old hand
* A new race or class
* Fix the bugs with the hag quest
* Fix the bugs with Gale's companion convos
* Add three new convos with Astarion (they're basically in the game already, just need to throw the switch)

I'd be pretty happy with any of those things.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I would like to have them stop patching EA. Get the game out already. There is no game (like this) close to as good as this one, this is a diamond in the rough in its current state. No need for every D & D class and race no need to tweak or nit pick things that don't really impact anything.

Your not going to make everyone happy, you change the UI half the people will like the change the other half not. Stop already.

Vague critics like "balance combat" or "fix the UI" are meaningless, those things are a matter of taste and subjective to the player's opinions and likes. Your not going to please everyone on every single aspect so they should not try. Stop already.

I have played 50 hours and have noticed no combat balance issues or had any issues with the UI. Stop it.

Finally a company is doing a D and D game right with stunning graphics and in-depth story. Lets help add to that and not be critical to ridiculous unimportant nuisances.

Last edited by Tabuk; 31/03/21 02:47 AM.
*A new charisma class, preferably paladin, since Lae'zel is currently the only companion with strength more than 10.
*Make Halsin a companion
*Unless it's something highly confidential, treat the reading of owned books like examining rather than as stealing--so long as you don't pick them up.
*Tone down the "who are you" voice at the beginning of character creation--maybe use the Narrator's voice?

veteran
veteran
At this point, pretty much core improvements above any addition. A better control scheme, a better UI, game mechanics that don't make throw up even a sick dog, etc.
Not that I wouldn't like additions, too. But having an UI and core mechanics that are fundamentally broken make harder to enjoy new content to begin with.

Also, for people to stop asking to make any vaguely fuckable character "a companion" for no sensible reason.

Last edited by Tuco; 31/03/21 08:10 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard