Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
OK. So I just read on Steam forums that there is a way to create 4 customizable characters and still play single player mode.

I recommend turning graphics down to Very Low before trying this. My computer struggled with this process because it is not a super fast computer, so it may not work for you depending on your computer's stats.

First, load up the game and do Multiplayer and Create. Copy the code. Cntl + Escape to go back to windows.

Close Larian browser. Reopen it by going to your physical file location: Steamapps, Common, Baldur's Gate 3, Launcher, etc. Start a new game using the newly opened Launcher so you have multiple instances of the game open. Go to Multiplayer and Direct Connect. Paste code.

Do this for all 4 character slots until you have 4 instances of the game open and they are all connected to the same session. Have the session host Launch the game. Create characters, etc. for all 4 instances. DO NOT CLOSE any of the instances until after all four are loaded up to the beginning of the prologue where you've just escaped the nautiloid and only AFTER the host saves the game. Then close out the other instances.

This is supposed to work. I haven't ever gotten it to because my game crashes before getting to character creation. smile

So, what is my point of putting this out here in suggestions? Larian, if players can do this using Multiplayer and do this big work around, can't we get this in Single Player right away? I'd love to have 4-6 custom characters of my own design at least for one of my playthroughs.

veteran
veteran
I believe i have read somewehere that Swen confimmed that this will be possible in final release, but it does some problems so far, so its not included to EA yet.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I got it to work with 3 customizable characters. That's fun. I had to definitely put it on Very Low graphics. But now I have a Rogue Wood Elf, a Drow Mage and a Human Fighter. If I had a better computer, I'd be able to do all four. smile

veteran
veteran
They already confirmed mercenaries.

This could be something else but usually it means what you're asking for.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
OK. This was fun.

Behold:

The Silver Blades

Diadell Tiromen: Wood Elf Rogue Arcane Trickster, Master of Disguise
Claybourne "Clay" Bosrin: Blind Human Fighter Battlemaster, Survivor of the Maimed Virulence in Phlan
Lynari Mitarn: Drow Mage, Former Apprentice to Nialitira, Master of the Tower of Pestilence in the Northdark

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lkqtidOXuDuCHAlecCbiYeEIlZF-BHxV/view?usp=sharing

Now I just need them to let me create my Half-Orc Barbarian, Drogyn, and the party would be complete.

Last edited by GM4Him; 01/04/21 04:17 PM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Forgot to make the image public. smile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lkqtidOXuDuCHAlecCbiYeEIlZF-BHxV/view?usp=sharing

I also managed to succeed at 4 customizable characters. I had to use Windowed and the lowest Resolutions on all instances, with Low Audio settings and Very Low Graphics, but it worked. I've several more customized parties now. There's the Silver Blades, though that one is missing my Half-Orc Barbarian, Drogyn. There's the Afflicted, comprised of a Male Half-Drow Cleric of Tyr named Kaedyn, a Female Lloth-Sworn Drow Fighter named Vexir, and a Male Gith Ranger Keeper of the Veil named Ryth-Shan. I plan on having Lae'zel be the last member of this team. Kaedyn and Vexir, though at odds in their beliefs, can't help but find themselves drawn to one another, as do Ryth-Shan and Lae'zel. But will their circumstances continue to draw them closer to one another, or will they end up as bitter enemies? smile

The third group I have right now is the Wyndfall Mercs. This is a group of 4. Wynari Nell, female Human Druid who's quirky and odd; not used to society. Raendra, the female Tiefling Rogue who is agile and quick and just the tiniest bit self-centered; a Chaotic Neutral individual. Rina Thunderhammer, the female Dwarf Wizard who can wear armor and likes to fight up close and personal. She's feisty and tough, wanting to show mages everywhere that they don't have to be weak. Finally, there's Pixie Tinderfoot, the female Halfling Cleric of Selune. Yeah. I wanted to see what happens when a Cleric of Selune meets up with a Cleric of Shar (Shadowheart). Of course, since I've got a full party... not sure if that'll work well, but we'll see. Maybe campfire conversations or something will spark some interesting dialogue. smile

Anyway, I still have to take pics of the other groups, but maybe I'll post them later.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
OMG. This is so worth it to me. My characters even interacted with one another. Instead of Shadowheart or Astarion saying things after the battle against the scribes in the Dank Crypt, Kaedyn and Vexir talked with each other. I got to pick which options I wanted them to say to each other, so Vexir began the conversation with something like the line, "Ridiculous, coming back to life to protect some dusty baubles." And I had a choice of how Kaedyn responded. Then I had a choice on how Vexir responded. This back and forth happened several times. It was pretty cool. I'd like more of this please.

Here's a link to a pic of this party:

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eUytitla_IouhOPUMVYr9-gV3ihdJxJF/view?usp=sharing[/img]

This is of them resting after the Dank Crypt experience.

Last edited by GM4Him; 01/04/21 07:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well, honestly i was more curious about that conversation ...
Shame on you to bite me for something like this, and then show me picture of people siting on bench. laugh

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Lol. They needed to rest after their terrible experiences with the undead. 😄

But they've had several conversations now. My Gith was urging my Cleric to hurry to the Creche. After my Drow fighter interrogated Sazza, my Cleric and Gith agreed they didn't like that she had agreed to release the goblins. They don't trust Gut, and they think its a terrible idea to try to get her help.

Some of these convos are even voice acted, though some are not. So it's obviously a work on progress.

Either way, I really like it. I'd LOVE for this to be and option for single player mode too; the ability to create a full custom party where they interact like this would be SO awesome in single player without me having to jump through the multiplayer hoops to do it.

So please Larian. Give this to use for single player mode. Ive never had a game where I could create a whole party of custom characters and they ACTUALLY interact with each other with their own dialogue options etc.

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/04/21 11:33 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Larian, I seriously need 4 customized characters option for single player without having to do the work around! This is awesome. I love having my characters interact. After the Nettie scene, all three were chatting about what to do etc. I love this! Feels like an actual party of adventurers.

This has been one of my favorite playthroughs.

Last edited by GM4Him; 03/04/21 02:37 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Here's another pic of my party of 3 customizable characters with Lae'zel.

This is the group known as The Afflicted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNA53SiqNuIMwKCo1hTEaFiQKD9WGAl2/view?usp=sharing

Kaedyn - Male Half-Drow Cleric of Tyr
Vexir - Female Lloth-Sworn Drow Battlemaster
Ryth-Shan - Male Githyanki Beastmaster with his animal companion Zriek the Raven
Lae'zel - Female Githyanki Eldritch Knight with her animal companion Shri the Spider

I would now like to suggest that more work be done on conversations between customized characters. This feature is really cool and really makes the game more fun to have two or three party members talking to each other and discussing events. However, I did discover that some of the choices for conversations don't really align to the characters created. My Lloth-Sworn Drow was the one to free Sazza and was all about using Sazza to get in to the Goblin Base, but then later she only had the option to say something like, "I'm not sure trusting a goblin is such a good idea." Didn't really make sense. If she was the one who freed Sazza and was all about using Sazza and such, she wouldn't later then say anything like that. She'd be more like, "Don't you all understand how we can use this to our advantage?" And then she'd maybe elaborate on how the party might use that situation.

I'm just saying, I LOVE this and really want this as a Single-Player mode option, AND I'd LOVE to have this worked out more so that it is really fitting to the characters created.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, Larian. This is the way to go. Let players create 4 custom characters and have them all interact. This is, I think, what a lot of players are missing.

Actually, if the pre-made characters interacted a bit more like this when you have them in the party that would also be better. I feel like my custom characters are truly a team who are working together to solve their issues. They stop during their travels and discuss what to do next, together.

I feel like with the premades it is me and them. Not us. With the custom characters it is more about us.

I almost never want to play the game again with the premades because it is more fun with the customs. I like the premades, don't get me wrong, but I just feel more like my customs are clicking much better together. They are also more balanced in skills, etc.

Last edited by GM4Him; 06/04/21 02:53 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This is one of the most impressive games. I love this feature. They just need to fix the customs character dialogue. They don't voice act every line yet, which is fine, but it is a bit confusing as to which character is speaking. Subtitles need to always say who is talking. And more dialogue options please for custom characters. 😁

Last edited by GM4Him; 08/04/21 03:43 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
This all sound great, exactly what I wanted for my second playthrough, so you can do all this with just one account? Because I didn’t know it was possible, or I would have installed the game on my other computers already.

veteran
veteran
Here you have guide:
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I recommend turning graphics down to Very Low before trying this. My computer struggled with this process because it is not a super fast computer, so it may not work for you depending on your computer's stats.

First, load up the game and do Multiplayer and Create. Copy the code. Cntl + Escape to go back to windows.

Close Larian browser. Reopen it by going to your physical file location: Steamapps, Common, Baldur's Gate 3, Launcher, etc. Start a new game using the newly opened Launcher so you have multiple instances of the game open. Go to Multiplayer and Direct Connect. Paste code.

Do this for all 4 character slots until you have 4 instances of the game open and they are all connected to the same session. Have the session host Launch the game. Create characters, etc. for all 4 instances. DO NOT CLOSE any of the instances until after all four are loaded up to the beginning of the prologue where you've just escaped the nautiloid and only AFTER the host saves the game. Then close out the other instances.

This is supposed to work. I haven't ever gotten it to because my game crashes before getting to character creation. smile
It works, i checked. wink
It certainly create interesting game. O_o

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Kallark
This all sound great, exactly what I wanted for my second playthrough, so you can do all this with just one account? Because I didn’t know it was possible, or I would have installed the game on my other computers already.

All on one PC yes. I learned about it from someone who posted on Steam.

I set the game too windowed instead of full screen so all four characters were up on the same screen at the same time.

After you get out of the pod, gather your party and save. Close out all other windows but the host. And there you go. Single player 4 customized characters.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Intriguing. I was hesitating to make a full party of player-made characters because I feared that the game would fall "silent" - aka, there would be no interactions or conversations, but if Larian is putting this much work into having the multiplayer actually feeling like a roleplaying experience, then I am DEFINITELY trying it.

I did a test run with my brother, and we did have some player-only conversations... However, focusing on this part only (cause multiplayer has a loooong list of issues attached to it atm) - having an actual conversation with *another player* is extremely difficult cause you do not always know *WHAT* you are responding to. I could see all of his options before he selected a response, but after that his character was silent and there was no text showing me what his character said so we always had to ask each other what our character's actually said via the ingame options. It was not very immersive at all, and we only played for a couple of hours before all the multi-player related issues ruined our fun too much.

That said, I am *very* interested in hearing more about your solo playthrough with player-made characters. So, please keep this post updated <3 I'd love to hear more about the conversations between your characters and know exactly how much depth there is to be found here. I do agree that there is mad potential here.

Last edited by Dez; 09/04/21 12:02 AM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
After meeting the hunter by Ethel's Home, another dialogue triggered. This one was about Astarion. Do we keep Astarion secret or tell the hunter where he is? I chose to have my characters agree that it was the right thing to do to protect him, but I wonder now what would have happened if I had them agree to do the opposite.

Most of the dialogues work pretty well. Some even offer race specific options. My Gith has had more than a few extra options during custom character dialogue. Same with my Drow.

What I love about it is the party is chatting together like a real party, discussing what to do next and such as a team.

It has made me realize that we need this same thing with the premade characters. Our main should be chatting periodically with Gale and Lae'zel and Astarion and Shadowheart and Wyll, pow-wowing after encountering things, like a team. Instead, dialogues occur as 1x1 between main and 1 character.

So why dont we have the party converse and discuss things together all the time with the premades too?

For example, you discover Astarions secret. Why not have a dialogue sequence with everyone at the camp all talking around the fire together about how they are going to deal with this new discovery? Why not have Lae'zel say she wants him gone and thinks we should kick him out in front of everyone and Wyll say he doesn't trust him too to the whole party. Have Astarion defend himself, and then let you decide whether to defend him too or agree to get rid of him. THAT would really make it feel like the whole group is a team and deciding things together and add a lot more interaction and character development.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
After meeting the hunter by Ethel's Home, another dialogue triggered. This one was about Astarion. Do we keep Astarion secret or tell the hunter where he is? I chose to have my characters agree that it was the right thing to do to protect him, but I wonder now what would have happened if I had them agree to do the opposite.

Most of the dialogues work pretty well. Some even offer race specific options. My Gith has had more than a few extra options during custom character dialogue. Same with my Drow.

What I love about it is the party is chatting together like a real party, discussing what to do next and such as a team.

It has made me realize that we need this same thing with the premade characters. Our main should be chatting periodically with Gale and Lae'zel and Astarion and Shadowheart and Wyll, pow-wowing after encountering things, like a team. Instead, dialogues occur as 1x1 between main and 1 character.

So why dont we have the party converse and discuss things together all the time with the premades too?

For example, you discover Astarions secret. Why not have a dialogue sequence with everyone at the camp all talking around the fire together about how they are going to deal with this new discovery? Why not have Lae'zel say she wants him gone and thinks we should kick him out in front of everyone and Wyll say he doesn't trust him too to the whole party. Have Astarion defend himself, and then let you decide whether to defend him too or agree to get rid of him. THAT would really make it feel like the whole group is a team and deciding things together and add a lot more interaction and character development.

I completely agree with this, at least with the Origin companions this should be a thing cause even if the one you play as is acting as the "leader" it would make more sense for them to all put in their two cents more often and discuss certain issues. It'd also make them feel more active I think, as right now they can be a bit passive.

apprentice
apprentice
It really worked! Thank you! 😁
Now I have a full party with custom characters, and playing as a druid for the first time,a lot of fun. So let me even share some pictures of them 😄

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My druid Aelia

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard