Print Thread
#767825 01/04/21 07:29 AM
J
JJRX5 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I have only been on this forum for a few days, and I was wondering if Larian ever responds to feedback. For instance, does Larian ever come onto the forums and update the community that due to popular demand such and such feature has been modified or added. I never played any of Larian’s other games and haven’t dug through all the stickies, but it would be nice if they do provide updates on how the community is shaping the game.

veteran
veteran
No, we never had a single message from them here (except patchnotes or a few answer related to bugs report).

We're discussing a lot of things again and again without any idea of their interrests for our ideas.
We just had the information that "Some people at Larian are reading the forums" smile

We also don't have any idea of what they plan to change or not, what is intended, what is a bug, etc.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/04/21 10:40 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
The closest we can get to Larian are the forum moderators.
They are busy working on the game is a poor excuse when you have over 300 employees minimum and an ongoing EA!!
Zero feedback on extremely DETAILED EA feedback on BG3. Some people did incredible job at this, pages and pages of detailed explanation. No word. Not even a <thanks> in the comical video chats...
That is VERY worrisome. It tells me that Larian is still unsure on its road ahead for BG3.

At this point we should have a CLEAR IDEA at the very least on the base game NPCs, races, skills, classes etc...no such info. All we get is, in 2 months, new SURPRISE class! That is NOT a good sign of things.
Many fans of previous games and D^D fans have already left the forum. Nearly everyone HATES BG2, the previous game, for some reason when trying to compare stuff. Strange. All that is left is Larian believers, DOS fans, or more modern game Witcher/Skyrim fans basically.
So we old geezers get lots of resistance when criticizing some things.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 01/04/21 08:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
We discussed it over and over. The short answer is no, no response from Larian. They do follow our feedback in some capacity, we are not sure how much, but patch 3 proved that.

I don't know what is the right answer on the matter. Because there are a lot of reprecautions to them being more responsive here. People start to expect things from you if you start making promises.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
J
JJRX5 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
The closest we can get to Larian are the forum moderators.
They are busy working on the game is a poor excuse when you have over 300 employees minimum and an ongoing EA!!
Zero feedback on extremely DETAILED EA feedback on BG3. Some people did incredible job at this, pages and pages of detailed explanation. No word. Not even a <thanks> in the comical video chats...
That is VERY worrisome. It tells me that Larian is still unsure on its road ahead for BG3.

At this point we should have a CLEAR IDEA at the very least on the base game NPCs, races, skills, classes etc...no such info. All we get is, in 2 months, new SURPRISE class! That is NOT a good sign of things.
Many fans of previous games and D^D fans have already left the forum. Nearly everyone HATES BG2, the previous game, for some reason when trying to compare stuff. Strange. All that is left is Larian believers, DOS fans, or more modern game Witcher/Skyrim fans basically.
So we old geezers get lots of resistance when criticizing some things.

I would guess that much of the silence is related to a desire not to overpromise and thereby disappoint. CDPR’s experience with CyberPunk is a clear example on how your reputation can be hurt by failing to live up to expectations. On the other hand, a little communication goes a long way. I think people just want to know they are being heard.

old hand
old hand
They replied in a bug thread, I'm not going to go search for it for proof though. That's about it.

A
addict
addict
A
I've received replies to the few bug reports I've made via the BG3 support webpage. No idea how many reports they get that way, but these forums don't have that many posters active.

B
Banned
Banned
B
No need for response if they Allred’s got your unrefundable money. But they make a lot of effort into videos, shows and advertising to get people buy the game.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard