Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
addict
addict
G
Lol, for Patch 5 to come out in a timely manner.

Patch 4 took ~90 days from the end of Patch 3 to actually be released. We're on our 9th hotfix release and a 10th is being updated on Steam DB daily.

The actual Patch 5 directory has went as long as 8 days without being updated and another period of 5 days without being updated.

When you do the math of the time pre-Patch 4 and the double-digit hotfixes thereafter, it's going to take 5+ months to implement 1 class (Druid) that had a lot of elements already in the game and files and the adaption of some of the mechanics were STILL wrong.

And we're still missing 5 more classes, numerous subclasses, numerous races, numerous spells, multi-classing, and no one has tested beyond level 4.

It's already been over 30 days since Patch 4, so let's see if Larian can deliver an update before the end of April. Doubt it.

M
Banned
Banned
M
All the classes are ready, they just won't give them to early access because it's just a demo for you to try.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Imryll
Sarevok ... Loghain ... The role of a character in a story can change
"The role of a character can change" according to the author's will and "Please change the role of this character to serve my fetish for it" pushed from the user base are two very different things.

Originally Posted by ArcanaJayne
THIS. THIS. ALL OF THIS.
...is convenient, self-serving bullshit.

But why do I bother?
Next, an essay on why getting Minthara would be amazingly important to push the narrative, I guess.

"N-no, there's actually a very DEEP reason for this!".
Sure.

Settle down. It's a wishlist, not a commandment from on high. How is wishing for expanded narrative in a narrative-driven game "convenient, self-serving bullshit?" Oh no! Some people actually enjoy ROLE playing in role playing games? The horror!

And as none of us really knows just how the story is going to proceed, you don't know if those wished for changes could be important to the narrative or not. Or, should some of them appear later, if they were already in the works for reasons other than lists like this. You're free to like your games a certain way, but so is everyone else.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
apprentice
apprentice
New classes: Sorcerer, Paladin, Bard, Monk
Multi/dual class
New races: Moon elf, Aasimar, Half Orc, Githzerai
Level 5
Balanced fights (most likely once get level 5)
Night and Day
Plate armor
More equipment options based on race/class
More duologue options based on race/class
Diety options for non-clerics
Other diety options for druid based on race
Alignment
More companion dialogue options (which is most likely to be as game progresses)
Fix Gale's romance do don't need to micromanage

Last edited by smd1967; 01/04/21 09:24 PM. Reason: Forgot something
old hand
old hand
I don't expect much in the way of changes to mechanics that some of us would consider problematic, so I'll just limit this to actual new content for the sake of space.

- Additional feats
- Barbarian or Bard (since Larian may not have figured out what to do with reactions and metamagic yet, so I don't expect Monk/Paladin/Sorcerer until way later)
- At least one new companion, preferably the Druid. Their interactions and immediate story relevance would probably make them major enough for them to be the centerpiece of a patch by themselves, and would require a fair amount of testing. I have zero interest in rolling a Druid MC, but would be highly interested in a companion Druid.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I hope they give the option to pick the Persuasion proficiency for all classes, or spread Persuasion across more Origins, because right now only Noble gives it and having to play a Noble druid feels so stupid when I'd rather have Acolyte, Hermit, Outlander, or Sage which fits so much more the class.

Persuasion is too good a proficiency to pass up.

Last edited by Zenith; 02/04/21 01:18 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
In my personal opinion:

I would fix the classes that they have, add more subclasses, and more features to character mechanics with skills and dialogue choices.

- Fix the Ranger. There's several problems with the Hunter's Prey Forms and the companions don't level and are extremely unbalanced. I love the spider but it has more HP than the bear and the raven really needs more HP and/or 2 attacks per round. Maybe they're supposed to level but mine doesn't. It's a Beastmaster so having a good pet is kind of their thing. Leveling them shouldn't be an issue, or for the Warlock.
- Fix the Arcane Trickster's Mage Hand so it's actually invisible and can pickpocket/manipulate objects.
- Fix the other existing subclasses. Eldritch Knight, for example, can't learn spells and doesn't have Weapon Bond.
- Add the Assassin subclass and maybe Swashbuckler.
- Add the Hexblade subclass and maybe another.
- Add another race or more subraces.
- Add Disguise Kits to the game and additional dialogue for it and the spell.
- Add spell options to dialogues instead of requiring a cast of it first. Have Detect Thoughts and the like be additional dialogue options, and maybe even skills as options.
- Add more deity selection. Not just for clerics: the Drow subclasses are specifically related to their deities.

I think just polishing the EA would be the best option in case there are some glaring mechanics issues later on, races/subraces and classes/subclasses are screwed up or their abilities don't work, etc. I would love to see the rest of the game but it's already difficult to play with how many bugs there are. I can't progress the storyline after killing the druids and siding with Minthara, for example, because the Goblin army is frozen in place.

I'm also having some issues with running the game. Vulkan works a lot better than DX11 but used to crash quite a bit in the earlier patches. Currently, running in DX11 mode makes loading screens take about 15 minutes. Even reloading a save takes this long. This is on an I7-8550U with a GTX 1050Ti and SSD. I also have experienced several clipping issues in the Grove on Patch 4, and several other similar issues with camera placement and clipping through walls/floors.

Last edited by rdb100; 02/04/21 07:40 AM.
veteran
veteran
I would love to see the bard class next, my favorite class in D&D.
Aasimar as race would be great.
A little overhaul of the combat system
And last but not least : some more down to earth companions with less drama. Currently I sometimes feel like taking care of a group of toddlers tbh.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Fix the double surprise rounds, please.

A dual wielding Rogue can get 8 fire dipped / poisoned attacks against a target before they get a turn. It's just completely broken even before adding a Potion of Giant Strength into the mix.

You attack with both weapons >> combat starts >> you get another surprise round for 3 more attacks >> if you win initiative you get a third turn for 3 more attacks.

And the Rogue extra Bonus Action is a mistake. Give them proper Cunning Action and make other classes spend an action to Disengage instead. I don't want to have to mod a D&D game to play like D&D.

S
addict
addict
S
What I truly hope for won't happen because I think I have a pretty good understanding of what direction Larian wants to take this game.

That being said, I'd like:

Paladins, warts and all. Considering they are a very popular class, I suspect Larian is trying to figure out how to implement smites, which are kind of like reactions, which is causing the delays. I say bring them out so I can at least know exactly what to expect.

Level 5. Highly doubtful but this is a wish thread.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
What I truly hope for won't happen because I think I have a pretty good understanding of what direction Larian wants to take this game.

Paladins, warts and all. Considering they are a very popular class, I suspect Larian is trying to figure out how to implement smites, which are kind of like reactions, which is causing the delays. I say bring them out so I can at least know exactly what to expect.

I think it would be a mistake to release without testing level 5 first. But who knows whether Larian agrees.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

I had a convo a while back about reactions and Paladin's Smite. In 3.5 smite was just a ability like sneak attack, which caused confusion in the convo with myself not knowing it got turned into a reaction. If they go forward with current reactions, Larian could go the route of Smite going back to 3.5.

addict
addict
Updated UI.
Did we get even a single change to the UI system since release of EA?

There are plenty of detailed threads on whats to update/change from what we have now. I haven't seen any posts complementing Larians <outstanding> UI design either so...I think its a win win situation here.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 04/04/21 08:22 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Updated UI.
Did we get even a single change to the UI system since release of EA?

There are plenty of detailed threads on whats to update/change from what we have now. I haven't seen any posts complementing Larians <outstanding> UI design either so...I think its a win win situation here.

We have gotten some changes I think? Mostly minor though. The UI still needs massive work, and probably more uh menus so the the item use stuff is separate from spells and special/class abilities I think.

veteran
veteran
Generic friendly companions..ugh, who am i kidding, that's never going to happen lol

veteran
veteran
What I actually would like more than a patch right now, would be a gameplay Q&A with a lead dev and maybe Swen. Explaining WHY they chose to implement many of the homebrew rules over a more accurate implementation of 5e and if they consider it eperimental or final in EA. If the overall exploitative nature of gameplay is intentional design or just a first draft of many features.

I'd also like to hear their thoughts on...

- Resting system, including the healing economy and food's part in it. What is the plan for long and short rests? Why are there voice lines saying "we must find a resting place soon" and campfires here and there in the world?
- Shove, backstab, high ground, disengage.. why these are all overpowered compared to 5e?
- The power level of stealth and surprise rounds

Bonus question on the UI.. can we expect a redesign or should we get used to this one?

stranger
stranger
A necromancer class/subclass.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by 1varangian
What I actually would like more than a patch right now, would be a gameplay Q&A with a lead dev and maybe Swen. Explaining WHY they chose to implement many of the homebrew rules over a more accurate implementation of 5e and if they consider it eperimental or final in EA. If the overall exploitative nature of gameplay is intentional design or just a first draft of many features.

- Resting system, including the healing economy and food's part in it. What is the plan for long and short rests? Why are there voice lines saying "we must find a resting place soon" and campfires here and there in the world?
- Shove, backstab, high ground, disengage.. why these are all overpowered compared to 5e?

Bonus question on the UI.. can we expect a redesign or should we get used to this one?

Oh hey, I've been thinking about that too!! There *ARE* campfires in various places on the map. Those would be EXCELLENT points for "camp sites for long rest"! I am certainly hoping they go for that approach.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Originally Posted by 1varangian

Oh hey, I've been thinking about that too!! There *ARE* campfires in various places on the map. Those would be EXCELLENT points for "camp sites for long rest"! I am certainly hoping they go for that approach.
Or if it was something they already tried internally but decided isn't "fun" and scrapped it, we'd like to know that too.

stranger
stranger
Fix the camera so we can look up. There are also some hellish floor selection issues in dror raglan's area.

crusty 61 lifetime gamer. Have some understanding of the building of games, really admire the artistry.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard