Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
>Human Paladin

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am gonna recreate my fav 5e character: Fifin, a CN Half-High Elf Wild Mage (Urchin Background).

W
veteran
veteran
W
Depends on what subclasses are available. If Hexblade is in I’ll play that. If not, probably a shadow monk arcane trickster rogue half-Drow so I can ninja it up.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Well it depends on available classes.

But i will probably re-create High Inquisitor Whitemain AND BURN THE HERETICS , SCOURGE AND OTHER (if there is no scourge i will burn goblins , they are the same)

veteran
veteran
Tiefling bard

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
If we don't get paladin or bard in early access, I'll play one of those two - probably a bard if I have to pick. High elf, because elves own me, basically.

veteran
veteran
I will play an elf. I haven't decided on class yet but will play either a druid, wizard, or sorcerer.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
High elf, because elves own me, basically.
up

Aasimar warrior (if there's option for Aasimars)

enthusiast
enthusiast
1. "Crusader" Shield Dwarf - Sailor - War Domain Cleric 1/ Battlemaster Fighter 11. Spear (If it's versatile) and Shield or Glaive with Heavy Armor Master, Polearm Master, and Sentinel.
2. "Puppet Master" Half High Elf - Charlatan (with a 14 Charisma) - School of Enchantment Wizard. With Resilient Constitution.
3. "Soul Hunter" Half High Elf or Half Drow - Acolyte - Divine Soul Sorcerer 10/ Grave Domain Cleric 2. Uses Channel Divinity to attack with max damage Inflict Wounds.
4. "The Wrath" Aasimar (I hope) or Zariel Tiefling - Soldier - Oath of Vengeance Paladin. Using a Halberd, taking Great Weapon Master, Polearm Master and Sentinel.
5. "Grave Digger" Variant Human - Sage - Death Domain Cleric 1/ Necromancer Wizard 11. Medium Armor and Shield, Resilient Constitution, and an army of undead.
6. "Urban Stalker" Variant Human - Urban Bounty Hunter - Assassin Rogue 4/ Gloomstalker Ranger 8. Keeper of the Veil, Beast Tamer, Crossbow Expert (Hand X-Bow)
7. "The Witchblade" Half Drow - Sage - Hexblade Warlock 2/ Abjurer Wizard 10 - Uses Arcane Ward + Armor of Agathys, Booming Blade + Flaming Sphere + Hex, Medium Armor + Shield + Shield Spell + Counter Spell + Banishment.

And several more.

Last edited by Merlex; 05/04/21 02:53 AM.
addict
addict
Drow, cleric or bard.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
stranger
stranger
Wood Elf Sorceror or Tiefling Bard mostly likely.

Which one of those will depend a lot on which other companion characters I want to bring along.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I'm going to base it on which companions I'm planning to use and ideally I wouldn't use any of the currently available ones. I suppose that makes either Druid, Cleric, Wizard or Sorceror quite likely as they are very useful archetypes with a relatively low likelihood of being served by the remaining companions.

enthusiast
enthusiast
For me, I need to see the remaining companions to finalize. So far I'm between half wood elf and half orc(Depends on customization options). For class Fighter or melee ranger. If we get a ranger companion and is entertaining I will go fighter. If we get a bard and is valor instead of lore(God I really hope not because lore is amazing) I'll go Eldritch knight. Shadowheart gets in by default cause cleric. I enjoy hitting all three mental stats, but I'm willing to drop int for the sake of fun.

veteran
veteran
Same here... It will depend a lot of companions.

I'd like to have a cleric in my party but I don't like trickery and Shadowheart's abilities/features.
So maybe I could play a cleric but I also like having a fighter in my party... And I don't like Lae'zel.
I'd also have a druid in my party because I'm in love with this class,... But will we have a druid as companion ?

Gayle or Wyll would be compagnions I could take in my group but I don't really want 2 casters.

A party of 4 is very limited but if it stay... I'd like 2 melee, 1 range, 1 caster. I don't have much choices...

I really hope they'll add normal companions (mercenaries aren't normal companions) so they can "easily" add 10 choices with a small quest/goal leading them to follow me. 10 normal companions + 8 origin companions + a party of 5 would increase our possibilities and the replayability a lot !

Last edited by Maximuuus; 02/04/21 10:13 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Depends.
I am leaning towards Tiefling with a Warlock/Wizard multiclass.

old hand
old hand
Halfling bard, I played one in pnp 4e for one of my last characters. She had Virtue of cunning and a few other abilities that let me tactically move characters around like chess. Also had multiclassed her into rogue (which was feat oriented), had Selune's paragon class Silverstar for her, and a Songbow. She was a follower of Selune and eventually Vecna.

I don't know how Larian is going to twist them in there game, but I'm guessing well get Lore and Valor from phb, more than likely I'll pick Lore.

For the multiclass bit, Selune's paragon path (prestige class), and Song bow. I have no clue if classes can multiclass, if there is prestige classes or even a Selune one along with Larian giving all classes deities, and the Songbow I really really doubt ill see one in the game.

Last edited by fallenj; 03/04/21 01:34 AM.
stranger
stranger
If it is just Core PHB race classes, then a Half Elf Paladin.

Multi class was confirmed on release additionally there is suppose to be mercs with live release so why restrict yourself to 1 class / race combination instead of a full party option. With speculation of level cap being 12 currently

Party 1
Half-Elf - 3 Hexblade / 9 Oathbreaker Paladin
Drow - 3 Champion Fighter / 9 Berzerker Barbarian
Wood Elf - Fighter 2 / Thief Rogue 3 / Druid 7
Shield Dwarf - Fighter 2 / Necromancer Wizard 10

Party 2
Half-Elf - 3 Hexblade / 9 Paladin of Vengence
Dragonborn - 3 Fighter Champion / 9 Paladin of Vengence
Wood Elf - Fighter Battle Master 3 / Ranger 9 (Subclass Undecided) - Archery Focused
Shield Dwarf - 9 Cleric of Life / 3 Eldritch Knight Fighter

Almost every subclass has 2 levels as fighter for adrenaline rush double cast or a 3rd level for the extra abilities from the subclass. Its min maxing builds. If they allowed for rolling ability scores id look at other options for races as a possibility but mostly picking based on min maxing stats outside the drow which is just a flavor build.

Current playthrough Im running
Half-Elf Fighter
Wood Elf Ranger
Wood Elf Druid
Random NPC so npc story plots can still be enjoyed based on areas where npcs have comments which other wise if you could swap characters out in a multiplayer play through I would alternate as well druid was to enjoy druid sub responses. Like wise id probably alternate 1 npc character in just for story archs in main game even with NPC's if they allowed a 6 character party I would still sub in 2 npcs from time to time but Id run a 6 character party of Mercs most of the time unless there was a story arch. Dragonborn and half-elf paladins are just too good to opt out.

Gnome Barbarian, and Half-orc Sorcerer. Depends on us getting those races/classes of course.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Since D&D is broken anything with superior darkvision.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard