Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
So I think my brain just isn't processing the value of the Rush or Death's Promise features of the Watcher's Guide. I focus on the damage and keep thinking I can do better with sword-and-board, battle-axes, or dual-wielding shortswords, so I just never use it. However, it's the first "green" item I get in my playthroughs, so I feel like I should fit it in somewhere.

Does anyone use it? Any tips on how to harness its true but secret green-bordered power?

Any info on other shiny but obscurely powerful items would also be most welcome.

Last edited by TheOtherTed; 03/04/21 06:51 PM.
A
A
The best use I've found for the Watcher's Guide is to give it to, say, Wyll, or your main character if they're a Warlock. It means if your Eldritch Blast misses, you're more or less guaranteed a hit the following turn.

The Guide (like all spears) has its uses as a weapon - not often, but sometimes, the enemies line up perfectly for a Rush. More mobile characters like Lae'zel and Wood Elves benefit most as they are most likely to be able to get into the right position. (Get hold of Crusher's Ring early to maximise utility.)

The other thing to remember is, if your movement doesn't quite get you close enough to strike an enemy with a melee attack, you can equip the Guide (or any spear) and use Rush, because the attack gives you extra movement. It basically adds 9m to your movement, with the condition that you have to attack at the end of your move.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
My character in my current playthrough is a Warlock, so I've given it to her for now. Also just picked up Visions of the Absolute - and I'm not sure that I'll ever use it.

Kind of wish these spears had the versatile property - would make them pretty cool weapons for a shield user.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard