Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#768185 04/04/21 11:26 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Greetings,

I've noticed that some weapons are marked 'light' or 'heavy'. What effect does it have in combat? My Githyanki fighter found a two-hand sword which have 'heavy' as an ability.

regards

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
veteran
veteran
Hello,

Light : A light weapon is small and easy to handle, making it ideal for use when Fighting with two Weapons.

Heavy : Small creatures have disadvantage on Attack Rolls with heavy Weapons. A heavy weapon’s size and bulk make it too large for a Small creature to use effectively.

I'm not sure it works exactly like this in the game (I didn't really tried) but this is how it should according to D&D.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 04/04/21 12:53 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Hello,

Light : A light weapon is small and easy to handle, making it ideal for use when Fighting with two Weapons.

Heavy : Small creatures have disadvantage on Attack Rolls with heavy Weapons. A heavy weapon’s size and bulk make it too large for a Small creature to use effectively.

I'm not sure it works exactly like this in the game (I didn't really tried) but this is how it should according to D&D.

It doesn't work in this game as of now.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Right now light and heavy is only relevant in terms of how much weight it takes up in your inventory.

A light crossbow is like 3kg, but a heavy crossbow is 11kg off your inventory. In a way, you are trading the extra damage potential for inventory convenience.

A very uninteresting, bad, outdated system. Not sure why they still insist on a carry capacity, all it does is discourage you from exploring and looting.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the answering guys.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Link Copied to Clipboard