I don't know if I'm the first to encounter this, but it required force quitting the program.

I'm presuming this could happen anywhere, but I specifically encountered it in the Hag's house.

I have taken Astarion along the Arcane Trickster path, so he has the Mage Hand Cantrip and can use it to disarm traps/pick locks.

I was specifically using this ability to disable the "flowers" after the waterfall jump point. Things were going great, and after it finished with one "flowers" roll to disarm, I'd click on the next, the mage hand would move to it and the D20 would pop up for the roll.

Well, either in the last second or two of moving to the next "flower", or as the Die appeared (but before I could roll it), the duration for the Mage Hand expired and it winked out of existence. EXCEPT, now the game is locked up.

Background animations are still moving normally: Waterfall is still going, "Clouds" are still roiling. Even little fires from Create Fire or torches are going normal. Even the die animation is normal with the "ticking" as it waits on me to roll it.

Except the game is locked waiting for me to roll that die. And, because the Mage Hand has expired, I can NOT roll the die. BUT because it's waiting on me to roll the die, I can't select any other character or even recast Mage Hand.

Only way to "fix" this was to force quit the game and restart from the last save.

Grynner