enthusiast
enthusiast
@hannzie
Nice detailed back story.

Qia Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by DiscountCanadian
I know, I know; he's a human and that's boring. He still is special to me since he is a fairly accurate recreation of my D&D character, Jodrun.

Jodrun was once a captain of the Neverwinter militia, falling into a deep depression after being betrayed by who he thought was a close friend (he loved his drink for a long while). Years later, he became a mercenary and after getting back on his feet, he went off to Chult to uncover the source of the Death Curse. After weeks of traveling through the jungles and by what might only be described as fate, ran into his betrayer. His enemy, Karlisus, sought to steal the Ring of Winter and use it in the name of Bhaal! After Jodrun and his allies fought Karlisus and his entourage of Frost Giants, Jodrun beheaded Karlisus; vengeance fulfilled. With knowledge of Bhaal's agents lurking around Baldur's Gate, Jodrun traveled back to the Sword Coast to end those who wronged him so many years ago and prevent another massacre from happening again. Alas, he was taken by Mind Flayers and infected with an illithid tadpole not long after arriving at the city. Now, he joins another band of misfits to find his way back to the city, with a few more goals added to his list!

#TeamHuman

To many elves in here! smile

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Qia
I know, I know; he's a human and that's boring. He still is special to me since he is a fairly accurate recreation of my D&D character, Jodrun.

Jodrun was once a captain of the Neverwinter militia, falling into a deep depression after being betrayed by who he thought was a close friend (he loved his drink for a long while). Years later, he became a mercenary and after getting back on his feet, he went off to Chult to uncover the source of the Death Curse. After weeks of traveling through the jungles and by what might only be described as fate, ran into his betrayer. His enemy, Karlisus, sought to steal the Ring of Winter and use it in the name of Bhaal! After Jodrun and his allies fought Karlisus and his entourage of Frost Giants, Jodrun beheaded Karlisus; vengeance fulfilled. With knowledge of Bhaal's agents lurking around Baldur's Gate, Jodrun traveled back to the Sword Coast to end those who wronged him so many years ago and prevent another massacre from happening again. Alas, he was taken by Mind Flayers and infected with an illithid tadpole not long after arriving at the city. Now, he joins another band of misfits to find his way back to the city, with a few more goals added to his list!

#TeamHuman

Lol

I like my elves and half-elves too, but it gets a bit old when you see them over and over again. That said, Jodrun likely will be the only human in my eventual roster of recreated D&D characters (the others are a half-elf, Goliath, Dwarf, Dragonborn, and tiefling).

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Qia

#TeamHuman

I love playing humans because well, I am one and humanity has plenty of diversity without adding pointed ears or horns.

But sadly I may be a roleplayer but I also like to powergame a bit. And human stat bonuses leave me wanting.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Qia

#TeamHuman

I love playing humans because well, I am one and humanity has plenty of diversity without adding pointed ears or horns.

But sadly I may be a roleplayer but I also like to powergame a bit. And human stat bonuses leave me wanting.

Join the tiefling club ;(.

Anyone but elves and shield dwarves feels so gimped. 2 DEX is so versatile for all classes, built in perception proficiency, immune to magic sleep and resistant to charm saving throws, on top of a bunch of weapon proficiencies, an extra stat of choice, and darkvision to boot. Extra bonus for wood elves who get a whopping stealth proficiency and 1.5m on top.

I want to play my tiefling so badly, but the racials are so terrible and the lame ass level up spells using either dexterity or charisma for saves/cast ability basically pigeonhole the race into a charisma class or burst, and even there they are inferior to half elves.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Qia
#TeamHuman

There can never be too many elves! grin

#TeamElf

Z
addict
addict
Z
Also, is there a reason green hair color is not a standard choice for wood elves? The wood skin tone with Green 6 hair option seems so natural for a wood elf to have.... do wood elves in forgotten realms also don't develop stag horns as a customization ala Warhammer with Orion?

By the way, has anyone noticed any wood elf specific dialogue? Or is it just for Drow and Tieflings thus far?

Last edited by Zenith; 30/03/21 12:32 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zenith
By the way, has anyone noticed any wood elf specific dialogue? Or is it just for Drow and Tieflings thus far?
I haven't seen any wood elf or high elf dialogue options. I saw a few general elf dialogue options but not very many. frown

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I haven't seen any wood elf or high elf dialogue options. I saw a few general elf dialogue options but not very many. frown

A pity, because for my next playthrough after doing 2 Tiefling druid playthroughs I was debating testing Drow vs. Wood Elf, but it seems like Drow would provide more options. Which seems strange considering the Grove is made of mostly wood elves, as is Daddy Halsin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Drow

Vs.

Wood Elf

So many choices, but I still prefer my Mephistopheles Tiefling druid with the nocturnal theme; too bad Tiefling racials are so atrocious. You're like a gimped Drow without the elf weapon proficiencies, immunity to magic sleep/resistance to charm, no Perception proficiency bonus, a useless +2 charisma instead of a +2 Dex, which is useful to all classes instead of just charisma classes. All for a mediocre fire resistance racial that has been completely unimportant and it's really easy to find fire resistance potions that make that resistance redundant. Even the level up Tiefling spells are inferior to what Drow get.

Tiefling is so pretty, why are their racials so bad mad

Last edited by Zenith; 30/03/21 01:16 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Tiefling is so pretty, why are their racials so bad mad

Hey, at least Zariel Tieflings will make great paladins when they show up. And all are decent warlocks.

Humans are great at...yeah. Going back to my half elf now.

journeyman
journeyman
Also, is there a reason green hair color is not a standard choice for wood elves? The wood skin tone with Green 6 hair option seems so natural for a wood elf to have....
Yes, yes they do. biggrin My druid:
(I wish they would fix the many hair clipping issues with pointy ears!)

By the way, has anyone noticed any wood elf specific dialogue?
I have...but I can't recall where. I just remember being surprised they were being that specific. Sorry, not much help, I know.

My tiefling warlock, a first for me on both accounts. A shame they got rid of that hair option since they have so few for them already.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Maiandra
Also, is there a reason green hair color is not a standard choice for wood elves? The wood skin tone with Green 6 hair option seems so natural for a wood elf to have....
(I wish they would fix the many hair clipping issues with pointy ears!)

By the way, has anyone noticed any wood elf specific dialogue?
I have...but I can't recall where. I just remember being surprised they were being that specific. Sorry, not much help, I know.

My tiefling warlock, a first for me on both accounts. A shame they got rid of that hair option since they have so few for them already.

Ya, what I mean is that you have to unlock the racial hair colors to make the green color available, because in the default wood elf hair color palette, green is not an option, so I was wondering if it's confirmed in lore that wood elves are not meant to have green hair. Just like how I love the demonic yellow eye color on my drow but know perfectly well it's an off-lore option.

I think the only wood elf dialogue I saw in youtube was Minthara being an asshole to a wood elf and calling you a grotesque form and calling you a faerie that needs to obey. I can't find anything else.

But I wish so hard upon a star that they improve Tiefling and human racials by release ;(. I really love my Tiefling druid, looks super unique.

It would also be great if they fixed tattoo colors for darker skin colors, because since darker colors don't register well on a darker-skinned drow, but the lighter tattoos look so awful and plastic on their dark skin.

Last edited by Zenith; 30/03/21 04:24 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Merlex
@hannzie
Nice detailed back story.

Thank you! laugh

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Maiandra
Ya, what I mean is that you have to unlock the racial hair colors to make the green color available, because in the default wood elf hair color palette, green is not an option, so I was wondering if it's confirmed in lore that wood elves are not meant to have green hair. Just like how I love the demonic yellow eye color on my drow but know perfectly well it's an off-lore option.
I was saying "yes they do" to mean that I agreed that wood skin tone and green 6 hair seemed natural for wood elves. That's why I used exactly that for my character, despite green hair not being an official racial hair option (without unlocking it).

I figured she either dyed her hair or had ancestry of some type of green-haired humanoid (dryad perhaps?). I feel like you can justify some off-lore physical traits as a remote anscestor's recessive gene rarely showing up in your family tree until you. smile Maybe your drow had a demonic anscestor a long time ago, but the family kept it quiet (or it's fallen out of memory).

I found a couple different sites about D&D races, but they had conflicing information (some said green hair, some didn't) and I don't know D&D well enough to judge what's reliable.

veteran
veteran
Surrounded by books is normally my favorite state of being, but during the conversation with Shadowheart, it was a tad bit distracting grin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
addict
addict
A
Newest character: halfling warlock. Not much of a backstory, I simply wanted a character to try out the dream sequences. She is nicknamed Daisy because of her hair, which turned white after whatever terrible deal she made with her patron. Daisy has been spamming the tadpole powers so often she probably has a total of 3 brain cells left by now. Good thing warlocks don't need much intelligence or wisdom. laugh

I have to admit I didn't expect just how funny and cute halfling PCs look. I'm actually considering running a halfling sorceress for main character once the full game is out.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by fylimar
Surrounded by books is normally my favorite state of being, but during the conversation with Shadowheart, it was a tad bit distracting grin

This is my rogue right after indulging Gale in his expensive addiction.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Passerby

This is my rogue right after indulging Gale in his expensive addiction.

I like this armor - not as much as teh drow, but still. But I do hope, we get more armor variants, once the game is fully released.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ash elemental
I have to admit I didn't expect just how funny and cute halfling PCs look. I'm actually considering running a halfling sorceress for main character once the full game is out.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I was pleasantly suprised as well! I decided to try them out the other night when making a ranger. I really like that face specifically, so I hope someone mods it to humans. I thought it was interesting to see things from their shorter perspective, and I liked how the character eyes reflect the height difference during dialogue.

Banned
Banned
I like this armor - not as much as teh drow, but still. But I do hope, we get more armor variants, once the game is fully released.

I like it since it gives the best AC, or I'd be wearing the drow one too. But the base leather armour is the ugliest and I always try to upgrade to the beige drow one as soon as I have access to Waukeen's Rest.

Page 25 of 50 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 49 50

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard