Next Thread
Print Thread
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello everyone,

We have just released another hotfix for you!

This hotfix addresses a physics related crash and a crash related to tooltips.

Thank you for your reports on these issues! And please keep posting your Wildshape screenshots, they give us life.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks to Silmuen for this screenshot!

Changelist:
  • Fixed a crash related to Physics.
  • Added an extra fix for a crash when viewing tooltips by hovering over combatants while someone joins or leaves the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yay! Thank you Jess and Team Larian!! You guys are the best. I want to play the full game soooooo bad!

Dear @Jess Larian smile

I was wondering, just like that in the moment, if you would be welling to push Hotfix #10 with the following bug - fix:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=762557#Post762557

To summarize the above post; when dual welding with finesse weapons, the rogue can't apply dex modifier anymore. When you mouse over the offhand, it's there, but not in the calculation.

thanks !

Last edited by Starlights; 24/03/21 11:56 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
stranger
stranger
The Camera please
Dear Larian dev's why is the camera angle still stuck in a downward position, you have people designing fabulous dragon fly overs and we the player see our characters and all the other characters look up. And we have to wait for the dragon to either be on the ground or a cut scene to see it.

Finding the targets on the roof is also a challenge. Dror Ragzlin's 4 floor target area is horrid.

Full up and down camera movement and can we please have you make it possible to change the turn option off the middle button.

crusty 61 lifetime gamer. Have some understanding of the building of games, really admire the artistry.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Syrelle
The Camera please
Dear Larian dev's why is the camera angle still stuck in a downward position, you have people designing fabulous dragon fly overs and we the player see our characters and all the other characters look up. And we have to wait for the dragon to either be on the ground or a cut scene to see it.

Finding the targets on the roof is also a challenge. Dror Ragzlin's 4 floor target area is horrid.

Full up and down camera movement and can we please have you make it possible to change the turn option off the middle button.

Good points, and I agree--I'd like a full range of 3d motion, myself. However, that will cut to the heart of the game engine. The main reason it isn't there now is simply overhead--that sky has to be rendered whether you look up or you don't--and they are saving polygons & textures and increasing rendering speed by truncating the range of motion as they do because then they don't have to render that part of the sky/overhead at all.

Still, it would be nice if they'd maybe make full motion optional --with the caveat that it might cause a noticeable performance deficit when invoked. At least, that way, the player could turn it on and off at will. With most GPUs now outfitted with 8GBs of VRAM and usually 16GBs of system ram, I don't think the limits would be the installed hardware base--and as an option the increase could be turned off as I mention. Doing things like this--making them optional--would be better than simply doing the full range of motion and having the game slow way down as the only way to render the game, imo.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
veteran
veteran
When is the next big patch + class coming?

J
stranger
stranger
J
While you can slew the camera "off" of the characters, it would be nice to be able to pitch the camera as well. One issue is hardware resources, but overall the camera has been great. In battle you can click on a participant's "card" on the upper left to jump to them. while it can be clunky at rare times learning to use the camera is part of the "top-down RPG experience" lol.

Most of the NPC voice overs broke for me this hotfix. New character and game.

Also, I want to re-use characters. Let us relevel (down only) for new adventures if they are designed for lower level.

Last edited by Josephus; 05/04/21 06:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
"Learning to use the camera" should not, Ever, be a struggle and a war that you have to win against the game. The camera is your vehicle for experiencing the world - it should be simple, intuitive and ultimately, controlling it should be straightforward and flexible enough that it is invisible and unnoticed in your consciousness as you play. Many other games manage this; BG3 currently does not.

The current in game camera controls are so bad that you actively have to fight it as you play, both in combat and out. It sabotages more than it helps, and is something that requires you to struggle and fiddle around with in order to do what your characters are actually able to - if you even can at all.

Try, for example, to Misty Step from the floor of Dror Ragzlin's throne room, up to the rafters. It's completely in range, and if you have another character up there, you can get a good view of the situation and can see where you want to target - but if you select the casting character (just a single click to select them, not a double click, mind), the camera drops down to their level and absolutely will not, under any circumstance, let you see or target or select the upper level, at all. This ability which you have, physically cannot be used, because of the camera behaviour and poor camera controls. Add to this the constant clipping and movement issues and the stick-locking on objects, and you have a complete travesty.

The camera has NOT been great, overall. It has been, and I say this without any doubts in my mind, the very worst camera control situation I have ever encountered in literally any 3rd person RPG that I have ever played. Even games where you could not control the camera at all and it was just locked to your single character are better than this, because they don't hamstring your ability to use your character's skills like this game's camera does.

We don't need the ability to pan up or anything like that - it wold be too resource intensive on the engine, most likely but we do need more flexible controls, and in particular, better object fade AI for camera position, the ability to zoom more in both directions, and absolutely above all, the ability to move the camera vertically as needed under our own control.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
The Camera please

they have that, press O called tactical view.

I love the camera work in this game, so much better then like turn based games

C
stranger
stranger
C
To add on the camera issues, when moving around the world at times the camera hangs up on obstacles and causes you to have to reset or move around the map and try to reset it so you can view your party, can this be please looked into?
Also in camp each time you find an item Gale is interested in but you hold off giving it to him, is there a way to cycle through other items you have to offer to him (from his previous requests ?)

Bel

old hand
old hand
can we please have you make it possible to change the turn option off the middle button.
The Toggle Camera Rotate setting is what you can change for this.

Originally Posted by Tabuk
they have that, press O called tactical view.
This does not work for what many of us would like. The ability to look up with the camera is needed for a game that uses verticality as much as this one does. Tactical view does not raise the camera nearly enough, not to mention the graphics of the elevated area do not show up a lot of the time.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Experiencing some Dialogue Glitches early on where the characters are not talking but the audio is still going

Link Copied to Clipboard