Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Storm666
A necromancer class/subclass.
I'd love to see what dialogue options Larian thinks up for Necromancer.

veteran
veteran
They probably don't want to release level 5 until they fix the UI at least.

Imagine a spell screen, where the upcast variant of every single level 1 AND level 2 spell appear with your two actual level 3 spells. Try finding your Fireball in that mess.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
What'd I'd like to see in patch 5?

- All missing races. Minimally the ones already in the files; with others being added in the background if they require additional work.

- All missing classes. We are limited to level 4 without using mods, it should not be that hard to add in the first 4 levels of any currently missing class.

- Act 1B. Currently we have the first parts of act 1, but the maps lean on an entire 2nd half that can be accessed and is still very much the first act.

- Universal heads for all races and gender. Stop this. I should not need to mod to gain access to all heads. I'm picky and it annoys me a head type from 1 type of Elf isn't on the other; especially when you want access to the TAG lines of one.

- Character creation completed. Currently we are not able to select any gear, weapon type or misc equipment we might've been carrying shortly before being yeeted into a pod. This needs changing.

It's my personal opinion that things should/can be added broken as long as they have the warnings attached. Getting the above into the game, buggy or otherwise, makes it easier to fix; you can also get direct feedback from the playerbase in regards to the base form of the addition.

B
Banned
Banned
B
As if larian (aside from moderators) would read this forum. Lol

And even if they did ..... as if they would care the slightest what DnD fans think 🤔

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
As if larian (aside from moderators) would read this forum. Lol

And even if they did ..... as if they would care the slightest what DnD fans think 🤔
You've had ample warning about your unconstructive malcontent postings. The only conclusion is that you have no intention of contributing to debates with anything but whining, and therefore the forums can do without you.

Last edited by Sadurian; 06/04/21 06:56 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Well, there's a lot of good suggestions here - I hope Larian reads them. c: I have some more reasonable demands, and some less reasonable demand, so I'll make two lists!

More reasonable list:

• Bug fixes regarding camera clipping in conversations (although they are much rarer now than before).
  • Bug fix regarding companions taking the lead in conversations / companions not interacting to conversations the way they should (looking at you, Wyll).
  • A better queue system for conversation when multiple companions want you attention at the same time during camp-time (so that we do not miss out on conversations).
  • To quote Imryll above: "Unless it's something highly confidential, treat the reading of owned books like examining rather than as stealing--so long as you don't pick them up."
  • Another of the confirmed classes would be great - I'd assume they are all gonna be tested at some point before release, and I do not really have a preference regarding order.
  • Bug fix for the book in the tomb... ...
  • More armor options would be great (so we don't have to rob our companions for a new outfit) but that would just be the strawberry on the top.
  • Better balancing among Ranger companions would be great. I wouldn't say no to some options regarding pets (both for rangers and summon familiar) either, but I acknowledge the amount of balancing needed so I'll settle for the ones we have.
  • Another companion would be lovely - preferably a frontliner of some kind.

The less reasonable list:

• Some kind of system that makes us able to select/control Tav's facial expressions.
  • (Unless this is absolutely mandatory for the main storyline) Allow us to be from somewhere else than the default BG.
  • (This is more of a joke than a serious suggestion - for now) please give me the Arcane Archer sub-class. . _ .
  • Could we please have another outfit for Daisy? Pretty please?

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
To be honest, all I wanna see in patch 5 is multiclassing and paladins.......I want my paladin warlock...my padlock lol

addict
addict
  • More dialogue options
  • More roleplaying options
  • More face and hair options
  • An actual "main villain" to be introduced concretely
  • More robes, that don't look like sacks (and more clothing options in general)
  • variety in weapon appearance
  • UI improved for usability
  • inventory and buy/sell improved for usability
  • attack of opportunity indicator made much clearer
  • pathing improvements, including characters moving past each other better in combat
  • streamlined combat
  • half-orcs
  • more origin options

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
  • More dialogue options
  • More roleplaying options
  • More face and hair options
  • An actual "main villain" to be introduced concretely
  • More robes, that don't look like sacks (and more clothing options in general)
  • variety in weapon appearance
  • UI improved for usability
  • inventory and buy/sell improved for usability
  • attack of opportunity indicator made much clearer
  • pathing improvements, including characters moving past each other better in combat
  • streamlined combat
  • half-orcs
  • more origin options

Pfft sacks are my favorite, need more sacks.

stranger
stranger
I want the paladin class

custom group options standard (yes I know about the multi player work around and it really makes the game more enjoyable)

Story characters other than, a weave addicted mage, touchy cultist cleric, racist worrier lizard, vampire who is okay with taking my blood while i sleep or hero wanna be who literally sold his soul to a devil... I'd like some lawful or chaotic good characters, you know, evil party members!

And really that's it. I'm really enjoying the game quite a bit and I'm looking forward to full release!

N
old hand
old hand
N
I want Karlach and Paladin class to be playable.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I've been avoiding all the datamining on Karlach, so I'm excited to see what she's all about.

old hand
old hand
Main wishes:
Immersive camera movement (Z axis)
Day/night cycle
Menu toggles for the main issues that have been discussed, or at least a core rules setting

Other wishes:
Barbarian
Sorcerer
Half orcs

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm hoping for the new classes and/or races, same as everyone else here. Maybe even a new companion or two? smile
Speaking of companions, I really really really wish the companion scenes would be queued up properly and not end up being missed completely.
More party banter while adventuring/exploring, please.
The romance scenes being finished and not "under construction" would be awesome...
I'd also like to read books that are scattered around in the world, without having to pick them up and carry them around. I don't know what to do with most of the stuff that's in my inventory right now.
Better camera movement control, please!
UI - the panel where all the special skills/spells are, is a mess. I want to either be able to pull it upwards to see the whole thing (I didn't even realise there was a whole second section hidden underneath until nearly the end of my first playthrough) or be able to organise it better. Right now I don't believe we have a way of shifting a spell/skill/scroll from the top half of this panel into the bottom half?

apprentice
apprentice
- New content (new areas, new quests, something new and exciting)
- More levels (tired of being level 4)
- Maybe nerf those minotaurs a bit
- Increase party size
- More faces
- New class
- New race (would love to see half orcs)
- Halsin as a companion would also be cool
- Some new monsters
- New spells and items

D
stranger
stranger
D
Remove chain portrait system add classic rpg portrait system.to much effort for just select for one char or all party.classic char select is simple and way much better

veteran
veteran
Now thats the spirit ... i see some people here are not affraid to dream big. laugh

I would like to see either Paladin or Barbarian ...
I believe they are logical "next step" since in tollhouse there is at least one paladin that is actualy not paladin yet. :P
But honestly much more than about those classes im curious about Larian introducting show ... it was great with Cow (i mean Druid), but i cant help the feeling they weaved their own whip a little.
Etiher way, Barbarian show shoul be funny as Pannel from Hells laugh

Of course races, classes, visual options, dialogue options etc ... all and any of the stuff abowe will certainly please my nerd soul.

BUT!
There is one thing that have top priority on my wishlist for Patch 5, and its maybe the most unrealistic wish on this topic ... i would like to have tiny insight in Larian futher plans with EA ...
I know its not exactly "patch 5" content, so maybe im a little offtopic ... but the patch note and introduction show are part of patch 5, so either way:
- I would like to know if they are planning to add all classes, races and sub-races in EA ...
- I would like to know if they are planning to add another parts (aka zones) of Act 1 in EA ...
- I would like to know if they are planning to add another level in EA (also if they are satisfied with how fast we are getting XP right now) ...
- I would like to know wich topics they are concidering of our feedback > like "we noticed majority dont like *THIS* and we are curently talking about it, no need to bump on this matter, thank you"

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
stranger
stranger
A
The UI could use one simple tweak to make it more effective and efficient:
Add a simple option to Auto sort (like chests have now) by:

Line 1 - Class or Racial Abilities (Backstab, Action Surge, Turn Undead, Tadpole abilities, etc.)
Line 2+ - Spells driven by spellslots ordered by level (cantrip, 1st, 2nd, etc.)
Line 3+ - Scrolls and spells/powers driven by magic items
Line 4 - Potions
Line 5 - usable items (throwables etc.)

This would clean up the UI a lot and could act as a "clean up" function when abilities begin to be scattered across multiple lines and finding them is an exercise in Finding Waldo.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Make rolling a character actually involve rolling dice, ie I want to roll stats, or at a minimum let me min/max the standard set to get to 18 base stat
More NPCs to join the party, at least enough to make a party that doesnt make me contemplate just having Gale follow my character around
Merchant prices based closer to to the costs displayed on the items
Level 5
Another melee class so I can have more options than rolling a fighter or taking the worst NPC in the game for a fighter role.

P
addict
addict
P
I just want to see the end of Early Access Chapter, get to go to Moonrise Tower and wrap up the beginner area (which I am pretty sure EA will be when all is said and done, I don't think the game really starts until after Moonrise). Maybe tweak the height and backstab advantage (backstab advantage should be rogue only) and level 5.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard