Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
apprentice
apprentice
I’m highly satisfied with the game, so hope they don’t change much, apart from fixing the bugs, and adding new stuff.

- New classes and races would be cool, the animation is amazing, so they could create really cool looking orcs, preferably playable ones. My current favorite ones are the half elves, I can finally create bearded elves.

- Increased party size (at least for those who want that, it’s always possible to dismiss them for those who prefer less companions. In my case was hard enough with only 4, some battles took me almost 1 hour, since I kept dying, and I was often outnumbered)

- The option to create more than one character for single player, that I could probably meet in the ship or later, and add as an extra companion. At least have that option in another game mode if it doesn’t fit the story.

- I can play this game for many hours nonstop, so day and night cycle can be useful, then I can see how many days have passed there, but actually not that necessary, a lot more important things than this. It can get annoying if done wrong.

- Option to hire or recruit more minions, also Lump the Enlightenment disappeared after I used him in a battle, I was trying to find him, so I could possibly make a new deal, but nowhere to be found.

- A lot of characters have really cool scars, like Wyll for example, it would be cool if we have to option to add scars to our own characters too, a few different body types too, and more faces for human, there wasn’t any option for Asians or Nordic people as a human.

D
stranger
stranger
D
more 5e content
I want Volo's and Tasha's, I would love a Dragonborn circle of sports Druid

D
stranger
stranger
D
I also want more clarity in the games start up -
you fall from ship, walk to town, meet person, "sorry, go to my camp"

I'm sorry, what camp?

Also, skip tutorial button
would love to be able to just-auto collect ~60% of the loot from the start of the game without wasting my life

Better online/lan integration
if a player drops, they can't rejoin. tried everything under the sun on the LAN game when they desynced when we loaded

Last edited by digimbyte; 08/04/21 12:30 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
My wishlist:
1. An opportunity to change pre-made characters' (Wyll, Gale, etc) appearence when choosing one as a main character (like in DOS 2) or choose an intresting background story for a self-made character. It would be great to play as character with backgroung which influences his relationships with others, to have special quests based on this background. Well, like in Original sin 2.😀
2. Fully voiced main character.
3. Traditional 3-rd person camera (like in Witcher or Dragon age). Baldur's gate 3 looks beautiful, but it's impossible to enjoy the scenery with this camera.😀
4. Bastard swords or any two-handed swords that are not ridiculously large (great swords in BG3 ARE ridiculuosly large, long swords are a bit too large too).
5. A button to make all companions follow/not follow.
6. Scars for a main character would be nice.

Last edited by AlexanderCrowley; 12/04/21 12:17 AM.
veteran
veteran
I would like a pet cat for the camp.

journeyman
journeyman
I would like to see the following:
  • A subtitle option for narrator-only subtitles.
  • A cinematics/cutscene music slider so we can have music in cutscenes/cinematics even if we don't want it during combat or while running around.
  • The ability to hide the entire HUD for when we want to take screenshots without it showing.

H3ll Pme #771214 27/04/21 09:27 AM
stranger
stranger
I wish for a better combat. Current combat is easy, looks SUPER COOL but easy.

I hope that a game based on 5e abilities and rules, will obey those rules FULLY. Not halfway. It just makes it weird

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Tuco
In short,

- Better party controls (traditional RTS-like rules used by the past Infinity Engine games, Pathfinder Kingmaker and countless others VS the shitty chain/unchain system Larian insists to use).
- Six men party (and the previous point is basically a pre-requisite for this).
- Better and slimmer inventory management (less useless garbage to pick up, all keys automatically added to a "keyring", all texts summarized in a separate menu without filling bag space, all food removed or abstracted as some generic "food" resource -i.e. Lords of Xulima- etc.).
- A whole lot of companions, not necessarily bound to be "playable origin stories" and not necessarily available from the beginning.
- Extended party. Meaning the possibility to keep companions around at your base/camp/whatever even when you are not bringing them around in your current group.
- A whole lot of minor tweaking, frankly of very secondary importance after the above mentioned stuff (i.e. cosmetic adjustment, ruleset tweaking, etc.).
- More classes and races, but I guess most of them are coming.

ALSO

Things I'd love to see but I know it's a waste of time to ask for because Larian already said they won't happen

- Proper passing of time and a night and day cycle.

Yes! This! I would very like to have a real-time with pause option as well, but also I would like to see more companion options in Baldur's Gate 1 alone; there were 25 different companion possibilities with alignment allowed! This very much needs to be done. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for this game, but I can guarantee there will be a lot of stuff that larian Studios missed out that should be in a Dungeons & Dragons game. And I will be honest and say obsidian should have been able to take the D&D license instead of this developer they're better equipped and backed by a bigger company but let's hope they get it right cuz if they don't it's going to be a lot of fans disappointed sorely.

stranger
stranger
I'd like to have a Bag of Holding, to appease my inner horder.
I've always enjoyed the Easter Egg references to other campaigns/settings in the Baldur's Gate games, so I'd like to see a reference to DragonLance in the mix. Maybe an encounter with a delighted, yet thoroughly confused kender?
Implementation of the various kits in the PHB and the assorted proficiencies that can be taken to augment some of them. Herbalism kit, healer's kit, poisoner's kit, climber's kit, forgery kit. Maybe adding areas that can only be accessed by a climber's kit?

Flumph Fancier. Elsecaller. Tolerated by cats.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard