Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#768784 07/04/21 10:41 PM
Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I just finished the game for the first time, and have to say I completely loved the game, best game I have played I think, even with all the bugs. Now I can’t wait to see what will happen next.

Story
The story was perfect for me, I wouldn’t change anything about it. I’m a big fan of movies like Aliens and fantasy movies as well, so the combination of those genres was marvelous for me.

Companions / Characters
I liked all the companions, I switched between them all a lot, but always kept Shadowheart tho, the romance they added, and the party with the tieflings felt really rewarding after a lot of hard work, that’s what I needed, hope there will be more scenes like that. I felt like a true hero.

Animation / Design
Animation and character design is 10/10, it’s definitely what made this experience even more special, and brought me right in this world. I had played Divinity Original Sin 2 before, it was great, but was harder to get sucked in that world, it was a lot of text.

I’m fairly new to these kind of games tho, so a little tutorial would have been nice, since you can really do a lot, I started learning things on my own, died a lot of times, so had to save often or I would lose progress. I was trying to level up, gaining a lot of experiences, only to realize I couldn’t get past level 4.

Hopefully we can also add Halsin as a companion, since a druid would be useful, and hopefully even more companions options. I would even hope for a party of 5, since some battles are quite hard with just 4, and it’s always more fun with more, but that’s probably just me.

Sorry for the long message, but after I finished the game, they did say our feedback are valuable, so that’s the experience I had.

Trying to recommend this game to everyone, so I can hopefully try the multiplayer feature

Kallark #768785 07/04/21 10:48 PM
veteran
veteran
Hello Kallark.

No, you're not alone.

Originally Posted by Kallark
I would even hope for a party of 5, since some battles are quite hard with just 4, and it’s always more fun with more, but that’s probably just me.

Feel free to add you voice here.
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=672266&page=49

I guess the more we are to ask for an increased party sizer, the better we'll be heard.
I'll soon create statistics about this thread. I already started but it's work in progress. You are definitely not alone wink

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Kallark #768786 07/04/21 11:22 PM
veteran
veteran
Animation and character design is 10/10, it’s definitely what made this experience even more special, and brought me right in this world.

Hopefully we can also add Halsin as a companion, since a druid would be useful, and hopefully even more companions options.
Agree with these! smile

Kallark #768788 07/04/21 11:25 PM
veteran
veteran
You are DEFINITELY not alone. I love this game too, and have never played a game so many times and for so many hours.

Play it again. Choose different character options etc. Ive played through a ton and am still finding new stuff and having a completely different experiences each time. 300+ hours later.

As for multiplayer, you can try creating 4 custom characters using instead if you don't have others to play with. Let me know if you are interested in that.

Last edited by GM4Him; 07/04/21 11:27 PM.
Icelyn #768793 07/04/21 11:58 PM
Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Hello Kallark.

No, you're not alone.

Feel free to add you voice here.
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=672266&page=49

I guess the more we are to ask for an increased party sizer, the better we'll be heard.
I'll soon create statistics about this thread. I already started but it's work in progress. You are definitely not alone wink

Hello! Thank you for commenting, I’m glad to hear I’m not alone, I will definitely check that out.
Awesome, it will be really interesting to check those statistics, have you been keeping track of everything here?

Originally Posted by Icelyn
Animation and character design is 10/10, it’s definitely what made this experience even more special, and brought me right in this world.

Hopefully we can also add Halsin as a companion, since a druid would be useful, and hopefully even more companions options.
Agree with these! smile

Yay! Thank you for your comment! 🙌

GM4Him #768795 08/04/21 12:10 AM
Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by GM4Him
You are DEFINITELY not alone. I love this game too, and have never played a game so many times and for so many hours.

Play it again. Choose different character options etc. Ive played through a ton and am still finding new stuff and having a completely different experiences each time. 300+ hours later.

As for multiplayer, you can try creating 4 custom characters using instead if you don't have others to play with. Let me know if you are interested in that.

I will definitely play again, was hoping for a new patch soon, I spent so many hours playing, like I couldn’t stop playing, barely slept lately. 😆

So taking a small break, but really want to try the multiplayer yeah, but don’t have anyone to play with. My friends all just play CoD, I found this game on my own when I was watching YouTube. So would be cool to play with others, I have been trying to find a place to make friends here

Kallark #768807 08/04/21 03:24 AM
veteran
veteran
Im too addicted, tbh. I care way too much. It is the most amazing game I've ever played. Anything I post out here suggesting improvements is just because I think there are some things that would make it even more awesome and a bit more true to D&D 5e rules, and to make certain things more believable.

That said, I haven't tried multiplayer with others, but I've experienced some of the functionality of what they are building by creating my own multiplayer session and 4 custom characters. There's a trick you can do to make this work. I have a post about it further down on the list.

Basically, besides having a party of custom characters, your characters actually interact to events in the game with one another. Ive never played a game where that happens. You can choose dialogue options for your character as you talk to the other custom characters, and they do the same. It still needs work, but the basic build is there. I really like it.

GM4Him #768861 08/04/21 02:33 PM
Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Whoa! I would love to play with my own custom characters, it sounds really awesome! I found your thread where you explain how you do it, it does sound a bit complicated tho, I have the game on my Mac, I usually play through Steam, didn’t know I could open the game in other way, but I do have 3 computers, if I installed the game on my other computers, I could definitely do that then 🤔

Kallark #768882 08/04/21 04:48 PM
addict
addict
I just finished the game for the first time, and have to say I completely loved the game, best game I have played I think, even with all the bugs. Now I can’t wait to see what will happen next.

Story
The story was perfect for me, I wouldn’t change anything about it. I’m a big fan of movies like Aliens and fantasy movies as well, so the combination of those genres was marvelous for me.

Companions / Characters
I liked all the companions, I switched between them all a lot, but always kept Shadowheart tho, the romance they added, and the party with the tieflings felt really rewarding after a lot of hard work, that’s what I needed, hope there will be more scenes like that. I felt like a true hero.

Animation / Design
Animation and character design is 10/10, it’s definitely what made this experience even more special, and brought me right in this world. I had played Divinity Original Sin 2 before, it was great, but was harder to get sucked in that world, it was a lot of text.
These are definitely the highlights of Baldur's Gate 3 so far! I'd like to add in that the voice actors are doing an amazing job, really making the companions feel immersive.

Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
These are definitely the highlights of Baldur's Gate 3 so far! I'd like to add in that the voice actors are doing an amazing job, really making the companions feel immersive.

Yes, true, forgot to mention the voice actors, they truly are a part of making this experience so awesome, each one of them.

Kallark #768938 09/04/21 12:17 AM
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Thank you very much for your post! It is heartwarming to see more people appreciating the game - both for potential and in it's current state.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Dez #769039 09/04/21 05:55 PM
Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
My pleasure, thought to share my experience, it is a truly amazing game, so wish it will be a huge success.

Kallark #769167 10/04/21 02:00 PM
addict
addict
Glad you love the game. I respectfully completely disagree that this is currently a 10/10 game.
Tons of detailed threads related to game mechanics, atmosphere, dialogues, UI, itemization etc etc...in the forum on why.
All you bring to the table is <love>. Nothing constructive towards bettering the game, however good or bad.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 10/04/21 02:02 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Glad you love the game. I respectfully completely disagree that this is currently a 10/10 game.
Tons of detailed threads related to game mechanics, atmosphere, dialogues, UI, itemization etc etc...in the forum on why.
All you bring to the table is <love>. Nothing constructive towards bettering the game, however good or bad.

So. This is a feedback forum. It's not just a suggestion forum. Larian might need some encouragement too after all our criticism.

I love this game too. Everything I post that doesn't state that is only what I think might make an already awesome game more awesome. It is good to have some positive feedback now and then to let them know that there are people who really enjoy what they've done so far.

GM4Him #769173 10/04/21 02:42 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
So. This is a feedback forum. It's not just a suggestion forum. Larian might need some encouragement too after all our criticism.

I love this game too. Everything I post that doesn't state that is only what I think might make an already awesome game more awesome. It is good to have some positive feedback now and then to let them know that there are people who really enjoy what they've done so far.
Agree!

Kallark Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

I respect your opinion, we all have different tastes and opinions. Of course they can always improve, and I have suggested a few things on another thread, but here I was sharing my experience, and my thoughts about the game, since I was really amazed with this world, and really cared about all the characters and story.

So in my opinion they should use their time and resources into fixing the bugs, adding new stuff, like new spells, more levels, new chapters, new game modes, new races, classes, more customization, maybe increase party size, adding more companions, and keep doing the good work

I’m happy with the game mechanics, of course your skills should play a bigger part when rolling those dices, they tend to miss a lot.
The atmosphere I think it was great, I haven’t enjoyed playing a game this much in a long time, there are some things they can make it more organic tho, but I’m sure there are many threads about those things already, so just wanted to express my thoughts, which were only positive.

Kallark #769219 10/04/21 09:49 PM
Wow.
Didn't comment for a long time.

But after reading this topic... Well... I really thougth for A LOT of seconds it was a parody of compliment.

I mean it's hard to say a game is perfect (10/10) and it's harder to say it about BG3.

I could heard a "wow I am amazed it's super cool , love it, blablabla" but the story and the companions are far from perfect.

But don't get me wrong, I'm happy you enjoy the game and you love it.

But I get too you're not familiar with this kind of game so it may explain a part of your enthousiasm.

So, just trust me, there is some (I wont dare to say A LOT OF) games with better stories and better companions ! I hope you will try them one day ! ^^

Last edited by Zefhyr; 10/04/21 09:59 PM.
Kallark #769225 10/04/21 10:19 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

Yes, true, forgot to mention the voice actors, they truly are a part of making this experience so awesome, each one of them.
The voice actors are probably the best part of the game. They really make the characters come alive with personality, and through them, the story. I like that Tav will be voiced as well.

Visuals, sound and music are great. The only weak link so far for me is the gameplay (a big one, unfortunately), and the over the top backstories of some companions. I like humble beginnings that match starting at level 1.

Zefhyr #769226 10/04/21 10:20 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zefhyr
Wow.
Didn't comment for a long time.

But after reading this topic... Well... I really thougth for A LOT of seconds it was a parody of compliment.

I mean it's hard to say a game is perfect (10/10) and it's harder to say it about BG3.

I could heard a "wow I am amazed it's super cool , love it, blablabla" but the story and the companions are far from perfect.

But don't get me wrong, I'm happy you enjoy the game and you love it.

But I get too you're not familiar with this kind of game so it may explain a part of your enthousiasm.

So, just trust me, there is some (I wont dare to say A LOT OF) games with better stories and better companions ! I hope you will try them one day ! ^^

A lot of it is subjectivity and he does ground his opinion with evidence.

Kallark #769243 10/04/21 11:52 PM
veteran
veteran
Its has opinion. I don't really like Throne of Bhaal much, but other people love it. I found it to be obvious and no real surprises and it felt just tacked on to BG2.

That said, I loved BG1 and 2 and Dragonspear, while others hated Dragonspear.

And I think BG3 is already better than them all.

Oh no! Now Ive done it. 😳

Last edited by GM4Him; 10/04/21 11:54 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard