Next Thread
Print Thread
#768912 08/04/21 08:56 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I was immensely disappointed that I was not in fact able to romance Sazza; the female Goblin who can be saved from the cage at the grove.

Though I repeatedly helped her sneak out of the grove, got her get back to her Goblin camp, and even stood up for her in front of Minthara, I was crestfallen that it was all for naught, and that I could not even get a peck from this hideously beautiful woman.

Those jagged teeth, that bulbous nose, that misshapen but strangely cute frame; though my companions were equally disgusted and horrified by my sudden willingness to help the Goblin horde, it was all for love.

Why shouldn't we, as the PC, be able to romance this small friendly Goblin and share a few intimate moments with her, a tryst as it were, to the utter revulsion of the rest of the party?

Goblins need love too. Even if they hardly bathe, eat refuse and will just as likely roast you over a pike as kiss you, how can you not admire their simple and free ways? Larian, hear my plea!

Also, Dat ass do.

Last edited by czechtex; 08/04/21 08:58 PM.
veteran
veteran
Romance in BG3 mean sex.
Are you really sure you could handle that ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 08/04/21 09:09 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Oh yes, handling it is part of the charm. grin

Typical gamer thinking that good deeds should be rewarded with sex. Cant you be satisfied with knowing that you did the right thing?

old hand
old hand
I am thinking that this is a joke BUT it could be interesting if Sazza could be recruited as a companion and have a full plot arc.

even if you side against the absolute/goblins, it might be interesting forcing her into our group and eventually her warming up to us. Could be a rogue to give an alternative to Astarion, and have a unique perspective being a gobbo after all. Should have a hate/hate relationship with will but could grow into a grumbly friendship where she is much nicer and he grumbles but no longer outright hates.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 09/04/21 04:50 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm doing the Kombucha Girl face right now. But -- but -- I think that there's something to what you are saying.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could arrange an enemy-to-lovers romantic subplot for Sazza... and the Gnome that you rescue from Moonhaven's Mill, who will probably join your camp at some point in the future?

BeeBee #769041 09/04/21 06:16 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Even though I was being rather sarcastic, I really do think it would be interesting to add Sazza as a companion or someone who at the very least hangs around the camp and provides support. Having a Goblin who is so diametrically opposed to the rest of the party, and have such a different pov of the world would be really interesting. Also having another rogue who could potentially steal shiny things from the camp or the other companions would be hilarious.

Also having someone who is more simple without some elaborate secret or parasite would be awesome.

But unfortunately, I don't imagine Larian would add her as a companion as Goblins are not an official playable race in 5e, and as far as I'm aware, we as players will eventually be able to play as any of the companions in the game.

I really enjoyed Nott the Brave in CR, and while I think it would be an unrealistic and even an unreasonable addition, I would love it if they did.

Last edited by czechtex; 09/04/21 06:22 PM.
Goblins have been made playable in 5e through Volo's Guide to Monsters. So have other monster races. I can't think of them all off the top of my head, but I think it also includes hobgoblins and bugbears.

old hand
old hand
Also the "official-ness" of a race or option shouldn't apply so much to companions.
For example we already have a vampire spawn companion, and BG2EE had both a feral bear and a true vampire as companion options.
All of these could be considered homebrew but arguably they are good homebrew because they actually add to the game and make it feel like companions are unique.

veteran
veteran
I actualy kinda like the idea ...
But there certainly should be some racial restrictions for romance in general, and such romance especialy ...

The image Sazza being "romanced" by half orc, or dragonborn ... that starts sounding like Sodomy. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I actualy kinda like the idea ...
But there certainly should be some racial restrictions for romance in general, and such romance especialy ...

The image Sazza being "romanced" by half orc, or dragonborn ... that starts sounding like Sodomy. :-/

I mean, true love conquers all, including size difference lol.
Tbh, I don't actually want us to be able to romance her so much as have her as a friend or ally, but if people actually want the option, all the power to them.

veteran
veteran
Tbh, I like the goblin lady, that is a fan of Volo, better. She is kind of sweet to him in her own way. I wish, she would follow him to our camp and become a guest there too (someone suggested that already somewhere). Not as a romance option, just because she is kind of unique in that she seems more invested on Volos (really terrible) rhymes than the Absolute.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
fylimar #769077 09/04/21 10:29 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fylimar
Tbh, I like the goblin lady, that is a fan of Volo, better. She is kind of sweet to him in her own way. I wish, she would follow him to our camp and become a guest there too (someone suggested that already somewhere). Not as a romance option, just because she is kind of unique in that she seems more invested on Volos (really terrible) rhymes than the Absolute.

I mean, she could also be a companion, maybe give her a different class like sorcerer or bard or such? I am a big advocate for more in companions, a large cast would make me very very happy and would allow me to be flexible and experiment with different subclasses.

journeyman
journeyman
You've got to turn yourself into a spider and launch yourself into her death scene with a big glistening spider barb phallus. She'll do it for sure.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey all, what's going on in this thre- OH LAWD!

Last edited by Kou The Mad; 10/04/21 04:40 AM. Reason: mispelling fix
veteran
veteran
Wow. How many characters is Larian gonna have to create sex scenes for?

That said, I do like Sazza and the gobbo who likes Volo. I wouldn't be upset if they gave the player the choice to recruit/invite either to camp. Not sure Wyll would approve though. 😌

Last edited by GM4Him; 10/04/21 12:26 PM.
stranger
stranger
What would be cool is if you could recruit some Gobbo's as your allies when you choose to destroy the druid grove and side with the Gobbo's instead. Much like Deekin in the NWN series. I am assuming that they would do this in the future as it would not be so difficult from a design perspective. The difficulty would be the story behind it.

apprentice
apprentice
I would also like the chance to romance Lakrissa, she promised my character a few drinks, and was being really flirty, so was hoping for something more.

What about Roah Moonglow (the Zent trader) nothing quite like a bouncy little halfling.

Link Copied to Clipboard