Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
enthusiast
enthusiast
I loved meeting Princess Gut. Love her character design, VA, dialogue. It was my gushing moment in the game. I took so many screenshots of her!!

I also loved when Gale got furious about Nettie trying to poison me. It was so perfect for his character and well acted on the VA’s part.

Also Aradin’s pal with necklace and the teifling kid when he gets all choked up.

Also the Speak to the Dead with Ethel was great.

Also Astarion lying on his back and talking about the stars.

Also Lazael talking about Wyll’s lack of conjugal prowess. I had a equipped a terrible hemet on him and he was standing in the background looking like a doofus while she shredded him. I was dying.

(Ya know…there are some great moments in this game)

Last edited by timebean; 02/11/21 01:06 AM.
addict
addict
First time I met Minthara

I was playing as a cynical self-interested Warlock. As she tried to read my mind I came up with the idea to lead her to the Grove in hopes of laying a trap for her as a way of getting rid of her. I was foolishly thinking she would show up with a similar raiding force as the first battle of the Grove. When I saw her army I figured I was screwed (was really my first playthrough and I was still sucking at combat) so I turned on Zevlor. The ensuing battle was a blur as I had no idea the game could handle that many individual fighting characters. When it was done and I met up with her I was completely taken in by the power of her personality. I then decided my character would go completely in for her and the Absolute (Paris is worth a mass!) and the resulting celebration party and evening encounter was a surprise that blew me away from a story point of view. I was definitely hooked on the game then.

Since then I have many different playthroughs running the gamut of good, neutral and evil, different party compositions and numbers etc, so much variety.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 02/11/21 01:18 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by timebean
Also the Speak to the Dead

(Ya know…there are some great moments in this game)

Have to try and remember to do more of this on my playthroughs.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 02/11/21 01:21 AM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Flooter
On my first playthrough, I was roleplaying a half-elf ranger as a woodland cop. Though I would punish those who broke natural law, I tried my best to give all living things a fair shake.

That didn’t pan out great in the blighted village. I repeatedly got my bum handed to me by the ambush and grew to respect the goblins’ might in a full frontal attack. I ended up ambushing the ambush and moving on gingerly toward the goblin camp.

Tensions were high, but I managed to talk my way through the initial guards. Behind them were three goblins drinking at a table. I walked up to one of them:

Gobbo : Tribe?
Oh boy, I’m done for, I thought. I’m not part of any tribe. That goblin is going to call her friends and rip into my entrails.
Tav : *says nothing*
Gobbo : Tribe?!
Man, this is it. I’m gonna die. I should’ve quicksaved. Let’s just say something and get it over with.
Tav : Tribe.
Gobbo, raising her glass : TRIBE!

I genuinely laughed out loud and fell in love with BG3.

She's my favourite gobber too

Originally Posted by fylimar
I'm not sure if it's new for this patch or old but I found out last night that when you get assaulted by Laessie after getting the Tadpole shivers you can let her kill you.

She then wiped the floor with the entire rest of the camp and I got a game over.

Very nice!

Who is Laessie? I'm not sure, I've met that character.

Oh I mean Lae'Zel by it. I'm trying to make it a thing, please help me laugh

Oh you we're referring to the Scene, where your character feels i'll and Lae'zel tries to kill you. That's an interesting one. It sadly didn't trigger in my last playthroughs.

I killed the gobbo leaders and the whole gobbo camp before freeing Halsin this time. That way, I don't have to kill the gobbo kids so that they can't raise the alarm, which is great.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Using lazaels superiority die to do the push attack and seeing goblins and others fly like a golf ball….
It’s the little things…

old hand
old hand
I haven't been able to get the scene of Nettie poisoning you to trigger in any of my patch 6 playthroughs, she always just decides I'm too good a guy to kill now and doesn't even try to poison me. It's a shame because I really liked that scene, it gave Nettie a lot of character.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I haven't been able to get the scene of Nettie poisoning you to trigger in any of my patch 6 playthroughs, she always just decides I'm too good a guy to kill now and doesn't even try to poison me. It's a shame because I really liked that scene, it gave Nettie a lot of character.

Have yozu tried insisting on her telling you, what that branch does? That was the trigger before patch 6, I think.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
just pick the options that look like "shut up and cure me ASAP. don't ask questions". she will poison you without hesitation.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Did they make the owlbear cub even cuter and fluffier? He is so cute.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I freed the spiders in the goblin camp and they killed four goblins from Ragzlins group for me - very nice.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
I freed the spiders in the goblin camp and they killed four goblins from Ragzlins group for me - very nice.
actually, that's how I do double Speak With Dead on mind flyer's corpse. Normally, if you trigger the hobgoblin use the speak with dead on the corpse, you can't cast it again. But when spiders attack, they are drawn away by combat, then you can sneak in do your own speak with the dead.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
actually, that's how I do double Speak With Dead on mind flyer's corpse. Normally, if you trigger the hobgoblin use the speak with dead on the corpse, you can't cast it again. But when spiders attack, they are drawn away by combat, then you can sneak in do your own speak with the dead.

Nice, have to try that in the next playthrough.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I wanted to use a Level up mod - afetr so many playthroughs, the game always ending at level 4 not even halfway through was not really satisfying. So I started a new playthrough, chose rogue as a class and wood elf and thanks to a mod, I can use my at the moment favorite face - tiefling 1 - for her. It looks more leven than most elven faces anyway. SO I try to find out, how it is to go beyond level 4 in this game - I'm excited.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doctor Who
What were your favorite moments in the game?

- Alfiras song - so beautiful
- the song of the harpies

(1) The squirrels *complaining* about Alfiras song
(2) Going past he harpies and finding their nest
(3) Finding the harper's map in the beginning of the game
(4) morphing into a polar bear and sneaking behind your teammates in multiplayer
(5) Being able to stay out of most conflicts and play "neutral"
(6) Having a much cooler cloak as a sorcerer than as a wizard

addict
addict
I wanted to use a Level up mod - afetr so many playthroughs, the game always ending at level 4 not even halfway through was not really satisfying. So I started a new playthrough, chose rogue as a class and wood elf and thanks to a mod, I can use my at the moment favorite face - tiefling 1 - for her. It looks more leven than most elven faces anyway. SO I try to find out, how it is to go beyond level 4 in this game - I'm excited.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks fabulous.

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
I'm somewhat fond of the Daisy interludes. I guess because, I like to see how Daisy progresses and I do like the voice acting.

I also find most of Astarion's snarky dialogs rewatch-worthy.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Saving Rugan and Olly in gnolls fight, then saving Rugan from Zentarim. It was fun all around! Also, when Rugan called me a "Beautiful bastard", my heart was skipping a beat.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Takhy-DH
Saving Rugan and Olly in gnolls fight, then saving Rugan from Zentarim. It was fun all around! Also, when Rugan called me a "Beautiful bastard", my heart was skipping a beat.
I bet we will meet him again at Baldur's gate in Act 2. Which may help us deal with Zhentarim or ask for help.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I remade my tiefling sorceress with the levelup mod. I want to see new spells.

I love female voice 1 - my favorite so far.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just accidently killed Astarion during his vampire revealing scene. There was an option to use a weapon, when he tries to drink from you - I thought, it would be like in teh scene, where you meet him, and you just push him away, but no, the next morning, he was lying dead on the ground and Lae'zel was congratulating me for my quick thinking.
He was not in my group, since I play a rogue myself, so no harm done. And it was kind of funny - I picture my woodelf freaking out, when someone touched her during her meditaion and she just slashed around with her knife and got lucky (basically a natural 20 on fending off the attacker).

Doctor Who
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard