Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Been playing multiplayer mode and my custom party actually has conversations discussing what they are going to do next or how they should proceed or whether a choice we made was a good one.

We need more of this in single player mode with the premade characters. Have times when we stop and all discuss what happened and what we should do next.

Example: I just saved the gnome. Game stops. We all discuss Wyll's behavior with the gobbo captain. Astarion maybe points out that he was a bit too upset. Seems like something more there. Gale laughs lightly at this and says, "Like you don't have more to tell?" Shadowheart maybe adds, "If I don't want people knowing my business Im certainly not going to push him to tell me his." Then you decide. Do you push him for more or just let it go.

We need more stuff like that.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Along with this I think it would be fun if the party members actually fought a bit in group conversations. So, Shadowheart might disapprove of an action I took but then Gale might defend me to her because he approved.

You could even have it so that some of the dialogues that currently exist become group dialogues. So, for example, after Raphael visit the camp, everyone could discuss it together as opposed to the main character having to go up to each person separately to discuss.

Last edited by GM4Him; 09/04/21 11:32 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
I approve of anything that includes more dialogues between characters (regardless of PC is included or not).

+1

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Shadowheart maybe adds, "If I don't want people knowing my business Im certainly not going to push him to tell me his."

Just going to mention, this would be extremely out of character for Shadowheart. She feels that it is her absolute right to pry into everyone's business and push them for information (and get upset at them when they don't spill), and that our business is her business and that our answers are legitimately *Owed* to her, because of the connection, etc., BUT, turn about is not fair play, and *no-one* has *any* right to know or even ask her anything about herself or her business.

That said, I DO enjoy actual party conversations where multiple people speak up and interact, and would appreciate more of such.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Lol. That is true about Shadowheart. I was thinking on the fly about her, "That's is to say you'd like to pry a little" convo.

But yeah. I just realized after playing the multiplayer mode that THAT was what is missing on single player mode. Almost every dialogue you have with the characters is 1x1. Either that or they are talking to each other and excluding you. Half of those In miss because we're running around.

So yeah. I'd like more group convos, especially where the characters are all trying to plan amd work together to decide what to so next, offering ideas as a team, not just 1x1 with you the player.

veteran
veteran
If you look at a game as old as, say NWN2, there are a LOT of conversations that occur throughout the progression of the story, and almost ALL of them are full party affairs, where our companions speak, and we, the player, also select our input along with them; it makes the party feel more alive and more like a party.

The morning after Astarion's snack habits is one example of a conversation where multiple people can get involved - not as much as I feel they should, all told, but more than anywhere else in the game - and it stands out for that reason.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I absolutely agree, and hope they are working on adding more character banter to the game. It adds to the atmosphere, character development, it's just plain fun, and one of the many reasons I love games like this. smile

veteran
veteran
+1

Originally Posted by Alexandrite
I absolutely agree, and hope they are working on adding more character banter to the game. It adds to the atmosphere, character development, it's just plain fun, and one of the many reasons I love games like this. smile

Agree! It was great to see them add some banter last patch, and I hope they add more with future patches. smile

journeyman
journeyman
Agreed. Conversations add to the immersion for me, so I'm happy when they have more, as long as they are interactive (i.e. the player gets to say something frequently instead of listening to someone drone on and on). It might be more complex to orchestrate conversation between multiple party members, but I hope they are able to do it.

I also agree a little more banter between party members while running around would be good (or at least space out the existing banter more). All my party members were quite chatty amongst themselves initially, commenting back and forth for a few minutes, but then said nothing for the rest of my playthrough.

Frequency seems to be a problem in general with regard to inter-NPC dialogue. The ambient dialogue between NPCs repeats much too frequently. If they could space it out more, it would seem more natural.

Link Copied to Clipboard