Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Ankou
Originally Posted by Adiktus
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I still cant see anything, since the actual action is happenin behind HUGE GOLD DICE. laugh
I'm guessing that's for a good reason. Because if the huge gold die wasn't there, they'd have to do critical-hit animations for every single character and every single weapon in the game, or at least 500,000 animations.
That's ridiculous. They just need finishing moves that are the same for class/general weapon type/general spell type. In other words, critical hits for every single fire spell could reduce someone to a pile of ashes, ice spells could freeze and shatter an enemy etc. (that can still be looted, D&D actually has rules for this, but with all the other changes rule of cool can definitely prevail here), one or two finishers per large weapon (decapitate someone with great sword, battle axe, etc., all the same animation) since the key is impacting the enemy in a huge way not so much the animation itself from your character. You'd need like, 10-20 animations.
That is certainly one option ...

Personaly i would like to have only gold dice abowe my head (simmilar to pasive dice roll for perception), and dont change to "Action camera" at all ...
That way you dont need to animate litteraly anything, and yet you see litteraly everything. :P

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 12/04/21 07:56 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
A
A
And what exactly would these animations depict?

A generic thing being reduced to ashes by a lethal strike?

Think before you post.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Adiktus
Think before you post.
A recommendation that you might heed yourself. There was no need for the confrontational tone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard