Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ArhuMan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just played the game for the second time through with two lone wolves, mages. In the last fight I chose to not give up my source and fought Lucian&co instead. I decided to focus on Braccus first in order to trigger the second part quicker. After some effort, I take down his magic armor and think to myself "Soon it'll trigger", "Ok, the next hit", "Well, he's almost dead, this has to be the last hit" - and BAM, he just drops dead, lol. Wtf, Braccus. Duuude, I thought you were like a source king or something?? I thought maybe the game bugged, and Dallis will trigger it and Braccus will just come back from the grave - well it happened that I killed her last and it was over! Is this normal? Shouldn't the second phase trigger normally, or is it a lone wolf thing? Zero Krakens were released today. I had much more trouble with emo-Karon than this fight lol. Well, whatever, off to start a new game -->

"Slurp. Slurp. Slurp." -Braccus Rex
I’ve had this happen too. I’m not sure why.

Perhaps, as you suggest, it’s related to party size. I got the Kraken when playing with a party of four (once in Classic mode and once in Honor Mode).

When I played as single player (Tactician, non-Lone Wolf), on two different playthroughs, I had the experience you describe.

journeyman
journeyman
Never encountered this because of how rarely I deviate from my choices and playstyle, but that does sound like a major issue to me.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard