Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
What a great way to start testing this Poll "function", what's you favorite class so far ? smile

Poll - Which Class do you prefer so far
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 18/04/21 01:42 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Starlights; 18/04/21 01:44 AM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
OP Offline
I'm not going to lie .. I voted rogue grin

If you vote, you get to see the result ! Be honest, go with your heart !
cool

Last edited by Starlights; 18/04/21 01:59 AM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
old hand
old hand
Randomly, does Great Old One even have its features? Last I looked it had nothing.

Warlock, old one. Pact the chain is super handy. Having a disposable unit that get move anywhere on the battlefield in one turn AND retain it's action, that can threaten units and give extra chances to break a casters concentration, to chip away at health, to soak up damage. It's godly.

I chose old one because I think it's the more powerful of the two subclasses at these early levels.

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Randomly, does Great Old One even have its features? Last I looked it had nothing.
No class features. Great old ones gain a form of telepathy in 5e, but that's kind of hard to impliment in BG3. I choose them for the spell selection. Dissonant wispers is super good.

S
addict
addict
S
I picked Eldritch Knight because of all the current classes, Fighters seem the least modified to Larian mechanics/systems. They seem to be mostly RAW except for Battlemaster Menacing Attack.

Last edited by spectralhunter; 18/04/21 02:21 AM.
old hand
old hand
... argh. It's too hard to choose.

Wizard (evocation) has some great dialogue options and is also lots of fun to play, but - for me - that fun mostly comes from being able to learn absolutely any spell in the game, as long as it can be obtained in scroll form. Which is likely to go away eventually.

Cleric (light) has a spell/ability selection I really like and decent dialogue options, both generic ones and ones tailored to the PC's specific deity.

Warlock (GOO) has my favorite spell/ability list, but the dialogue options are pretty dire at the moment, so it's hard to "get into character". My headcanon can only take things so far.

Druid (Circle of the Land) has a decent selection of spells/abilities and is fantastic, in terms of tailored roleplaying opportunities, when sorting out the Grove.

Hmmm. I guess I'll go with wizard, but when bard and/or paladin get added to the game, watch out!

veteran
veteran
It depends ...
Most fun i had with circle of the moon druid, so that is what i voted for ...
But i allways choose Tief and Battle Master for Astarion and Laezel, no matter who i play ... so maybe i should have choose those, since they are obviously more often and therefore more prefered in my gameplays. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Where is the "none" option?

The implementation of classes is a bit unfinished at the moment, both the UI and the mechanics is hopefully going to see major revisions.

The story is kinda fun with a goodish drow PC and perhaps a tiefling, but that is very class unrelated.

The Chapter 1 does come with a nature wibe, so ranger and druid does seem to get the lion share of motivational gameplay, where the rest is a toss up between being a murderhobo or a being a hero because you are a hero. It makes no difference what a fighter does, either kill them all or not, all roads lead to Baldur's Gate equally.

You can kill all the tieflings, druids and goblins and get to Baldur's Gate.... Only thing you can't kill is Gale.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hunter Ranger. To me its a better eldritch knight until Larian adds the eldritch knight cantrips if ever. Hunter Ranger has everything I need both in and out of combat.

addict
addict
I didn't try every possible combination yet. Only human-looking races, and a cleric, warlock, wizard, fighter and ranger class.
I liked the ranger class best. I just restarted a game with a beast-master option. But the raven can't fly (it jumps!), so that's a turndown.
In the real DND games I prefer clerics, but I found them rather disappointing in BG3, so the ranger is my preferred BG3 class at this moment.

veteran
veteran
My first class was warlock (GOO) and I loved it. The two other fun classes for me are rogue (both specs) and druid (Circle of the Land), but I can't decide, which to vote for.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
N
old hand
old hand
N
I chose the most powerful, Wizard evocation. You can literally solo the entire act 1 with this class. So it makes for an interesting playthrough.

But in fact, if I had to choose the one which I had most fun with, I would say Rogue thief.

Last edited by Nyanko; 18/04/21 03:02 PM.
veteran
veteran
It was hard to pick between wizard and druid, but I picked wizard. Druid is great, too, though.

veteran
veteran
As long as we are limited to level 4 (which as the time goes is starting to sound more and more like "the entire EA") it's even hard to care that much for me.
It's right at that point where classes have yet to reach the threshold (level 5 and above) where they start to genuinely "come online" and have a good arsenal of spells, abilities and tools that make them feel distinct enough.

Last edited by Tuco; 18/04/21 03:41 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
N
stranger
stranger
N
I voted circle of the moon druid but I basically love them all lol

If I could vote more than once, I'd choose moon druid and battle master, too.

I picked Rogue - Thief, but if I had a second it would be Warlock - Great Old One with Urchin background (so stealth and slight of hand prof). Now if they add in Psionic sub classes I would go with Soulblade for sure.

stranger
stranger
Gameplay wise, I really enjoy the Warlock. Misty Step + Repelling Blast can be great fun. That said, my primary experience with the class in game is by bringing Wyll along. The interaction he has with his patron seems far more interesting than seemingly nonexistent patron interaction Tav has.

Character wise, I am enjoying Wizard the most. I remade one of my TT characters, a mostly good aligned Tiefling scholar who is unwise and overconfident when it comes to decision making. (These tadpole powers seem useful! We could gain better understanding of our situation if we try!) I do wish they implemented a few more wizard schools. I am doing Evocation right now, which is solid, but I would like one that focused more on control spells.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
If I want to hit people. Fighter.
If I want to shoot people. Fighter. ( Ranger just doesn't have the tools I personally want )

If I want support and spell DPS. Cleric of Light

If I just want to watch the world burn, Evocation Wizard. Pending Race, Evocation smash wizard (Gith/Dwarf in medium armour+high STR)

Rogue is boring.
Warlock needs work.
Druid ... eh ... transformation is only fun if it actually works. Needs work. Breaks cutscenes.

Outside of a few party tricks, it'll fall on Fighter/Cleric of Light or Wizard for me. Until they add in Sorc. I just hope they include enough, if not all, the subtypes with it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard