Print Thread
#770285 19/04/21 04:42 AM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

IMO all the great content and character design won't matter at all if the interface is rage inducing. Which it currently is. Here are four suggestions, I can make a LOT more but let's keep it simple for now.

1. Make it possible to bind the "Move" and the "interact" command to different keys. This way you won't accidentally click on something you don't want to while trying to move.
2. Let the player change the camera angle to something other than overhead and 45 degrees and let us change the zoom distance.
3. Slightly highlight items that can be interacted with. Some things like scrolls and the like are SO small they are easy to miss. It's tedious to have to move the mouse around to try and find ALL the tiny things that you can interact with.
4. When a combat starts don't automatically skip group members who are stealth. Put them into Initiative order, and let the player decide whether to join them into combat or not.

I want to just make a list of like twenty things here, but I'm going to force myself to stop with just those.

Thanks,
tgnome57

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by tgnome57
3. Slightly highlight items that can be interacted with. Some things like scrolls and the like are SO small they are easy to miss. It's tedious to have to move the mouse around to try and find ALL the tiny things that you can interact with.
Pressing "left Alt" allways worked for me. O_o

4. When a combat starts don't automatically skip group members who are stealth. Put them into Initiative order, and let the player decide whether to join them into combat or not.
This is actualy great idea! O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Pressing "left Alt" allways worked for me. O_o
If I remember correctly "left Alt" highlights imporatant items only. That's different then D:OS2 which highlighted every object. I prefer BG3 approach, as Larian games have a lot of systemic junk (evey cointainer interactable, most items moveable). My advice to the OP would be that if ALT doesn't highlight items, they are not important, unless you specifically want to use said items.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
This is actualy great idea! O_o
Yes, everyone without combat "bubble" should be included in the initiative, no matter if stealthed or not. The same should apply to summoned creates who can expire if you forget to immediately do something with them (and therefore have them join in fight).

veteran
veteran
Well, he was talking aboout scrolls ...
I presume that all scrolls should be highlighted by alt. O_o

Originally Posted by Wormerine
The same should apply to summoned creates who can expire if you forget to immediately do something with them (and therefore have them join in fight).
Honestly i would like to see at leat some, preferably all summons to have automaticly same intiative as their summoner ... i mean, its acceptable for animal familiars, or ranger pets ...
But dont tell me that huge orb of flame, or magic hand have its own will. :-/

old hand
old hand
Familiars should have their own initiative BUT other summons shouldn't. Simple conjurations are supposed to act on the player's turn with the player's action, Summons are supposed to go right after the summoner with no action on their part. Mage hand is just a conjuration and thus should only be on the caster's turn (amongst many other issues I have with mage hand right now...)

veteran
veteran
Exactly as i thought.

Link Copied to Clipboard