Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770382 19/04/21 09:34 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm testing how to use polls to make a quiz. Basically it's 6 polls in one post (at least that's what I expect to see once I press "post new thread"). It is possible to make 6 posts with one poll each, but I assume this will work just as well, if not better.

Each question has a single correct answer. You can and will see the "poll results" only after you enter an answer.

There is no functionality for me to mark a certain answer as correct (it's a poll tool after all). I could limit the poll duration and give the answers after the "poll" is closed, but I'll just leave it open forever. And I'll post the answers ... next weekend maybe ? Or when I think the joke has run its course. Whatever.

The first 4-5 questions are fairly easy. I'm afraid the 6th one requires a very particular knowledge and a stretchable mind. Enjoy.

What is your favourite colour ?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 09:12 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
What is the capital of Assyria ?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 09:13 PM
What is the air speed velocity of an unladden swallow ?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 09:15 PM
The Hammers is the nickname of what English football team ?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 09:16 PM
What did Michaelangelo paint ?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 09:17 PM
His name is Just LeWhite.
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 09:18 PM
Last edited by Drath Malorn; 20/04/21 06:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
L
addict
addict
L
The only bummer is the page reloads for each vote you submit.

I assume this is leading up to an in-depth quiz for BG3? Backstab advantage y/n that kind of thing?

addict
OP Offline
addict
That's a bummer indeed. Well, at least, now I know.

It's leading up to a more BG3-centred quiz indeed. Not necessarily as serious as you imagine at first.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Answers :

1) What is your favourite colour ?
Clearly, the answers were either "Blue", or "Blue ... No !".

2) What is the capital of Assyria ?
Every schooled child knows that the capital was Assur (at various points in history at least). Damascus was indeed a trap, and it did play its role well it seems.

3) What is the air speed velocity of an unladden swallow ?
It was indeed "An African or a European swallow ?". Good to see that everyone remembers that.

4) The Hammers is the nickname of what English football team ?
Another source of easy points, the answer was West Ham United indeed.

5) What did Michaelangelo paint ?
He certainly wasn't going to settle for the "The last meal" or "The final snack", and he was aiming for "The real last supper", or at least "The penultimate supper", which were both accepted answers. History didn't give him that opportunity I'm afraid, and in the end the correct answer was Leonardo. Bonus points if you know de Groot and Turk.

6) His name is Just LeWhite.
This one was a bit trickier, as you needed to have seen the French film "le dîner de cons". The answer is "He doesn't have a first name ?", although "What's the name of that book he wrote again ?" was accepted as well.

You get 2 pints of beer per correct answer, as well as half a kamoulox for each accepted one. If you end up with more margheritas than daisies, congratulations, you've won one internet.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Nice that someone recognised Assur ... wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
6) His name is Just LeWhite.
This one was a bit trickier, as you needed to have seen the French film "le dîner de cons".

Quibble: I've never seen that film, but that choice seemed like a gimme

B
stranger
stranger
B
Are you planning to do more quizzes? This is kind of fun smile I always enjoyed passing different test when I was a kid and living with my parents at our property in Italy here.

Last edited by Borego; 01/11/21 03:14 PM.

Hi
K
stranger
stranger
K
Creating your own quiz is very easy. However, you will have to meet a few simple conditions. First, choose some correct answers and prepare them. Next, for the answer to be marked as correct, you need to create a condition for it. And so you have to do with each one.

K
stranger
stranger
K
The test questions also had several answers, and each participant could provide personal information about that answer. Because of all the different animals, it can be quite difficult to choose one for your fursona. But with this quiz, it gets easier than ever

Last edited by KaraCosta; 28/09/22 03:13 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard