Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Voted Warlock - Fiend. Though it still needs some work to be good. Githyanki - Fighter is also on my list.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
A
addict
addict
A
Druid, my favourite class so far. smile

OP Offline
Hi all,

So far, Druid - circle of the moon and Fighter - battle master are leading the poll.

How do we explain that ?

Most likely related to level cap 4 ? Class design ?

What's your opinion ?

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
If you aggregate subclass results, Druid leads, followed by Warlock, then Fighter. And I agree that those 3 classes are probably the most enjoyable to play right now.

Last edited by agouzov; 20/04/21 12:12 AM.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Starlights
Hi all,

So far, Druid - circle of the moon and Fighter - battle master are leading the poll.

How do we explain that ?

What's your opinion ?

They can do things that aren't obsoleted by scrolls, grenades, food, barrels, etc.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Druid is the newest and freshest in people's minds, most likely, as people rolled a druid to try out over the past month or so.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Aaru
Gameplay wise, I really enjoy the Warlock. Misty Step + Repelling Blast can be great fun. That said, my primary experience with the class in game is by bringing Wyll along. The interaction he has with his patron seems far more interesting than seemingly nonexistent patron interaction Tav has.

Character wise, I am enjoying Wizard the most. I remade one of my TT characters, a mostly good aligned Tiefling scholar who is unwise and overconfident when it comes to decision making. (These tadpole powers seem useful! We could gain better understanding of our situation if we try!) I do wish they implemented a few more wizard schools. I am doing Evocation right now, which is solid, but I would like one that focused more on control spells.

This would be interesting to see. What if they incorporated cutscenes for patrons and deity worship that happened at camp randomly? They wouldn't have to be major events, but it'd make playing cleric more tolerable.

veteran
veteran
Hi all,

How do we explain that ?

What's your opinion ?

Druid is a class that can make everything.
I voted for the druid because it add a lot of missing depths to gameplay and you have to choose wisely on solo playthrough (combine spells + melee + wildshape + speak with animals easily + easy exploration,...).

About the fighter the answer is probably that they are OP due to easy advantages (GWM) + they can use the tons of scrolls and the OP 18 INT item if necessary + food heal more than healing potions or healing spells so..... They nearly have everything.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 20/04/21 06:45 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
apprentice
apprentice
I like the Druid most. Second is a cleric (I am in other games normally the Healer-person).
My Druid is my Tank (more or less), she can heal, tank, open locks, talk to animals (which is to my opinion quite usefull in BG), and most versatile. And a cleric can heal and even stand in the frontline. I don't like to play fighters though.

I would like dual-classes - that would be great (cause I love HUGE spellbooks :D)...

Who needs earth, when one can conquer heaven

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran

How do we explain that ?
I cant even explain how anyone would choose circle of the moon, when circle of the land is right next to it. laugh
But its probably just me being more like caster guy. laugh

BTW, just a little offtopic ...
Am i the only one who cant shake the feeling that this two circles should be named vice-versa ?
It seem odd to me that druid that is from circle of "land" is summonning moonbeam ...
And druid that is from circle of "moon" is turning into various beasts that are running around the land. laugh

I mean i completely understand that druids get their magical powers from the land around them ... but still, this wording is ... well, just weird. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

How do we explain that ?
I cant even explain how anyone would choose circle of the moon, when circle of the land is right next to it. laugh

Am i the only one who cant shake the feeling that this two circles should be named vice-versa ?
It seem odd to me that druid that is from circle of "land" is summonning moonbeam ...
And druid that is from circle of "moon" is turning into various beasts that are running around the land. laugh

I mean i completely understand that druids get their magical powers from the land around them ... but still, this wording is ... well, just weird. laugh

I like Circle of the Land better too. The spells are working much better for me, than the shape-shifting.
And I never thought about the names, but you are right, it makes more sense the other way around.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
The spell-casting Druids have access to more spells. And to increase flavour and customisation in this sub-class, the 5E designers gave these Druids permanent access to a list of spells that are influenced by and evocative of the type of terrain in which they trained, or are working/living. That's probably why they went for Circle of the Land. It sounds pretty straightforward to me.

The shape-shifting Druids have access to more/better animal forms and can transform more easily. The animals they turn into can (eventually) be flying or aquatic creatures, so they are free to roam in the air, rivers or seas, not just on land. I don't know if the 5E designers wanted to allow a similarity between Druid shape-shifting and lycanthropy, which is moon-connected. The PHB explains that these Druids tend to gather at full moon, and some night hunter animals may hunt better with the moon. The PHB also handwaves that these Druids might be asocial and more wild and temperamental than your everyday Land Druid, and their mood is "changeable as the moon".

I guess the 5E designers could have called the order of shape-shifters the Circle of the Beasts. But I wouldn't have used Land for them. Yes, there is the spell Moon Beam, but they all have it so ... I'd say the shape-shifters might have been better named, but the spell-casters are perfectly fine.

Last edited by Drath Malorn; 20/04/21 02:02 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

How do we explain that ?

I like Circle of the Land better too. The spells are working much better for me, than the shape-shifting.
And I never thought about the names, but you are right, it makes more sense the other way around.
No idea why it is named so in D&D, but for me it makes sense, since moon is associated with werewolves, probably the most iconic shapeshifters.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Oh dont get me wrong, i do not demand renaming ...
Its just funny point of view detail i wanted to share. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
I voted Hunter Ranger. But honestly I have 3 that are about equal. The Hunter Ranger, Battlemaster Fighter, and Abjurer Wizard (now that it's been mostly fixed). Though with mods, I love the Vengeance Paladin, Bladesinger Wizard, and War Domain Cleric.

Last edited by Merlex; 21/04/21 12:08 AM.
Shout out to the thief, who gets two bonus actions. Say what you want about larian's Homebrew, but I find this one to be an absolute joy. I'm not sure if anything in 5e permits two bonus actions, so having a class that can just do it gives us a chance to do things we wouldnt otherwise be able to do. Put a sword in each hand, and you're set.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by footface
Shout out to the thief, who gets two bonus actions. Say what you want about larian's Homebrew, but I find this one to be an absolute joy. I'm not sure if anything in 5e permits two bonus actions, so having a class that can just do it gives us a chance to do things we wouldnt otherwise be able to do. Put a sword in each hand, and you're set.

Well, Fast Hands is supposed to be:

Starting at 3rd Level, you can use the Bonus Action granted by your Cunning Action to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, use your thieves’ tools to Disarm a trap or open a lock, or take the Use an Object action.

And while a second Bonus Action is nice it kinda messes a tiny bit with the action economy and I kinda miss being able to pick pocket things as a bonus action in combat, deal with that trap that is about to go off, or use something and still be able to attack.

So far I've had the most fun with Ranger (Hunter), which also happens to be my favorite in Solasta: Crown of the Magister atm. I particularly love the changes made to Favored Enemy and Terrain for the game, because it feels less like wasted design space and meaningful additions to my character. Keeper of the Veil + Beast Tamer is possibly my favorite combo, though Urban Tracker is handy too. Looking forward to lvl 5, when it gets Extra Attack and 2nd lvl spells.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
T
stranger
stranger
T
Rogue thief - Because it allows me to kill Astarion before even having to interact with him once.

stranger
stranger
Light domain Cleric - Great spell selection, access to chainmail, solid AoE damage with Radiance of Dawn, and good survivability with Warding Flare.

I have no Idea how Kelemvor (A God of the Dead) is giving me access to this domain – but I’m not complaining at all. 😊

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard