Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey guys.

I'm early in the game and already ran into predicament. My main character gets 2 stacks of Bane after each attack, even when out of combat and the target is an object.
I just wish to know, if this is a bug or is it part of the game?

If the later, then why just main character and no one else? I don't want my party to be weaker then it is now but I wouldn't be asking this question if they all were effected.

Also, there was a scene when everyone saw someone in their sleep and after that felt rejuvenated, but the bane didn't go away. So if this is a part of the game, it probably should, even if temporarily.
I am hopping it's a bug but if not, something in game should give a player a hint why this is happening, in an obvious way that is impossible to miss .

Last edited by Tey; 23/04/21 03:19 AM.

My heart will take me there, where my feet cannot...
veteran
veteran
Is your character wielding the Gloves of Power? If so, you should read the item's descriptive text.

Certain items give debuffs to those without the mark of the Absolute.

Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So, it is a part of the game, just not the one I thought of...

You were right, it was the gloves.

Thank you very much, guys, not knowing was driving me crazy.

Last edited by Tey; 23/04/21 07:25 AM.

My heart will take me there, where my feet cannot...
Can you get that mark if you just slaughtered all goblins indiscriminately?

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
No. If you want the mark, you need to get marked. Currently the only way is to talk to the NPC that currently does that.
No stealing the brand and DIY. Sadly.

veteran
veteran
I feel like I want to nominate this as the running champion for most common technical issue question raised to date...

Nothing against OP, you're one of many who has come to ask a variant of this exact question, and no insult is intended at all... but I do find it fascinating that such an apparent wealth of players jaunt through the game either not reading the items they pick up, or else do read them, but somehow don't put two and two together about the item with the dire warning, and the dire consequence that then starts occurring.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
I feel like I want to nominate this as the running champion for most common technical issue question raised to date...

Nothing against OP, you're one of many who has come to ask a variant of this exact question, and no insult is intended at all... but I do find it fascinating that such an apparent wealth of players jaunt through the game either not reading the items they pick up, or else do read them, but somehow don't put two and two together about the item with the dire warning, and the dire consequence that then starts occurring.
Not noticing Damage Resistance against the Imps might be raised more often.

But yeah, seeing what things are missed by players is interesting. I put the blame on BG3; it doesn't do nearly enough to encourage reading item alt-text or the combat log. The tutorial should be much better at explaining various things in D&D and emphasizing the combat log. And there really needs to be some type of codex. Throughout the game, various D&D terms (places, mechanics, races) should be highlighted when they appear and hovering over/clicking them should give the player an explanation.

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
But yeah, seeing what things are missed by players is interesting. I put the blame on BG3; it doesn't do nearly enough to encourage reading item alt-text or the combat log. The tutorial should be much better at explaining various things in D&D and emphasizing the combat log. And there really needs to be some type of codex. Throughout the game, various D&D terms (places, mechanics, races) should be highlighted when they appear and hovering over/clicking them should give the player an explanation.

I put something similar here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=770817#Post770817

A codex would be nice. It's a bit immersion breaking if my character knows something that I don't.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara

Thinking about this -- seems to be a consequence of a cinematic heavy game. The game encourages a "sit back and watch" style of play instead of "lean forward and read".

Perhaps a pop up when you pick up a new item would help -- something that puts the written description where you can't miss it. Implementing the identify spell would also help.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by footface
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

I put something similar here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=770817#Post770817

A codex would be nice. It's a bit immersion breaking if my character knows something that I don't.

And there's no combat log if you use Stadia with a joypad.

veteran
veteran
Can I just say I LOVE this mechanic! In Multiplayer games its the biggest thing I end up telling new players about - they just toss on these gloves and don't even notice they are casting Bane on themselves over and over.

I am considering letting a player continue to use them until the end of the campaign and THEN telling them for big laughs.

Larian is the best.

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard