Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I'd like to see another class, maybe another race, more subclasses, especially for the wizard, level 5 and maybe beyond (if that's not too much to ask for), the other paths to Moonrise Tower, the choice to buy starting equipment, pitons, better rest mechanic, more difficulty options, a dialogue record that can be accessed OUTSIDE of dialogue. What am I missing? If I think of something, I'll return.

Ah! Here's a small way to improve character creation. When I click on the name box, it should highlight the name "Tav" so I can instantly overwrite it without having to manually delete it. Again it's a small thing. I did have one character that I took all the way to the helm of the nautiloid before realizing his name was "TavBooger".

Last edited by footface; 18/04/21 01:40 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by footface
II did have one character that I took all the way to the helm of the nautiloid before realizing his name was "TavBooger".

Is there a story why you typed in Booger to the character name? I mean it didn't get there on its own. smile

I think I already posted here but I just want Level 5. It'll tell me a lot about where this game is going.

Well ... He's green. That's about it. That's all the thought I put into his name.😁

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I've been avoiding all the datamining on Karlach, so I'm excited to see what she's all about.

I think you are expecting the impossible, I see no indication Karlach can join the team until you hit Baldur's Gate and we won't be seeing that. But this is a thread of wishful thinking, I just think it's a bit odd to wish for the rest of the game in patch 5.

Maybe they will give us Moonrise Tower and some more polish on game mechanics and more races/classes.

A solution to jump+disengage.

The beginning of something a little less icky than the current rest system. At the moment the entire world is just standing round frozen until the action of the party make some of the world move, this might work with a DM, because he can adjust the world based on when the party arrives, but it's icky to have the entire world watchable and frozen in a computer game.

Hopefully we will be getting news on patch 5 soon. Its getting around that time that more news would be nice.

apprentice
apprentice
MOST IMPORTANT:
- Know whose changes Larian made in 5e and why they believe it was necessary

BETTER GUI
- Add a group all/ungroup all button
- Fix the auto jump/auto-follow
- Add a "hide all" button
- Change the chain mechanic or fix the latency/missclick/missdrag while chaining
- Auto sort items

GAME MECHANICS FIXES
- Disengage, Shove, Hide cost an Action (except for rogues)
- Disengaged untied to jump
- Level 5
- Versatile Spears
- More companion's interact during conversations
- Shared inventory
- Nerf barrels damage
- Cannot pick up barrels, just move them
- No more food during combats
- Animal Companions Improved balanced
- Better trade screen (and “sell all junk” option)
- Trade with the higher Charisma in the party (not individually)

STORY UPDATE
- Enable the Origin characters (the EA is the perfect time to test them and see if worth play with one of them as the main character)
- Dialog options if you save the petrified drow (mainly if you are a Lolth-Sworn)
- New region: Duegar Camp (Underdark)
- Karlach as a companion
- Halsin as companions (or another druid)

EQUIPMENT/COSMETICS IMPLEMENTS
- More weapons and armors variety (just cosmetic, it don’t need to be magic items)
- Less pixelated world map (a digitally painted map would be fantastic)

EXTRAS (just a small dream)
- A little randomness (find monsters around once in a while, different items in their pockets, maybe some enemy patrols in places you already clean up in the past…)

FINAL NOTE
- I disagree with the 6 companions idea because can be overwhelming micromanaging all this.

Last edited by Gustavo R; 18/04/21 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
stranger
stranger
I'd like to see some more art assets for item tooltips. Possibly the beginning of the implementation of the crafting system. Being able to craft my own healing potions would be nice, even if crafting were limited to just the camp area. Whips. I would very much like to see whips in the game. Browsing the Adventuring Gear section of the PHB, I realize that I'd like to see some items like a climber's kit added to access secret areas you might not have access to otherwise, taking advantage of the verticality. Other forms of wealth like trade goods that have more or less value to sell to merchants depending on what they specialize in. I suppose an example would be gathering wood or coal or ore to sell to a blacksmith. All the food ingredients sold at a higher price to someone who can make meals. The various liquors and spirits sold at a premium to inns. Apologies if this sort of thing already exists.

I feel as though some of the other racial languages in the world are underrepresented. Even if it's something as small as finding books or posters or pamphlets written in some of the other languages that you'd have to pass a check to read would make the world feel a little more immersive. Maybe the odd word or curse from whatever race you are playing's language turns up in conversation (or in battle?). I hear it with the Tieflings and the Gith, but hearing the same from the Player Character based on character creation would be fun.

Flumph Fancier. Elsecaller. Tolerated by cats.
stranger
stranger
Core DnD ruleset game mode with even higher difficulties would be SUPER DOPE.

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
At this point, I think I'd just like to see patch 5.

veteran
veteran
I'd like the patch to focus entirely on gameplay (combat and skills). That's by far the weakest link in BG3 currently.

They should experiment while we are still in EA.

Make a D&D hardcore difficulty setting. The details have been discussed enough. Get some player feedback on that.

stranger
stranger
As a disabled person who can not manage all the movements of the camera I would like to see the ability to lock the camera in chase mode, pls. If its in game I can not find it, feel free to point me in the right direction.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by 1varangian
I'd like the patch to focus entirely on gameplay (combat and skills). That's by far the weakest link in BG3 currently.

They should experiment while we are still in EA.

Make a D&D hardcore difficulty setting. The details have been discussed enough. Get some player feedback on that.

Amen!

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Gremin
As a disabled person who can not manage all the movements of the camera I would like to see the ability to lock the camera in chase mode, pls. If its in game I can not find it, feel free to point me in the right direction.
Double click locks camera on selected character ...
Is that what you mean?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Gremin

Double pressing F1, F2, F3, or F4 will center the camera on the assigned character.

Accessibility is really important, there is a mega-thread on party movement/controls and I think your input would be highly valuable.

Originally Posted by Miravlix
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I've been avoiding all the datamining on Karlach, so I'm excited to see what she's all about.

I think you are expecting the impossible, I see no indication Karlach can join the team until you hit Baldur's Gate and we won't be seeing that. But this is a thread of wishful thinking, I just think it's a bit odd to wish for the rest of the game in patch 5.
I think you're reaching beyond the post. Someone is excited for Karlach. And, I hadn't thought too much about it before but it would be great to see what she's all about.

V
V
Most of all I wish them to clean the mess with bonus actions and advantages/disadvantages so we could finally be rest assured they do care about D&D experience and good gameplay. That plus paladin or bard (though some new archetypes for the already implemented classes will work either) gonna be enough to start another play-through.
Yet of course there are some other very good suggestions here and there, but imo mechanics related are the number one priority.

No chances for level 5 and I’m ok with that.

Romances in RPGs brought us to this
stranger
stranger
HALF-ORCS!

A
stranger
stranger
A
* Far better implementation of DD5 rules for combats (and far less Larian / DOS additions that break DD5 rules)
* Far better UI both graphical part (for better immersion) and more convenient. (ex: do something else than this awful hotbar in which cool spells are mixed between potions and potatoes ..., also have nice character sheets and spell books instead of simple videogame icon grid, etc ...).

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard