Print Thread
#771186 27/04/21 12:59 AM
L
L3d4 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
First I want to say thank you for fixing the issues in the past. I can’t wait until the full game comes out.

After playing Solasta and other games I realize one thing in common. A level cap.

Just a thought but why can’t we have things respawn and have no level cap.

Respawn parts of the camps with creatures. Respawn the roads. With that and no level cap and I mean let’s just level to level twenty.

I like playing games like this for hundreds of hours. Reward the ones who want to play for longer please.

L3d4 #771190 27/04/21 01:46 AM
L
L3d4 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I also think the characters should start with no armor. Make it a challenge to find armor and weapons.

Starting at level 3 with level cap being twenty. If you can do that let us have things to do even after reaching 20.

L3d4 #771191 27/04/21 01:51 AM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
The game is heavily and as closely as Larian feel they can make it, to D&D 5th. Which has caps and limits by design.

They are telling the story of a single [ Large ] Campaign. Typically Campaigns are split up into level brackets and this one goes through them like candy.

If you're looking for level breaking games and the like, you're likely going to be waiting for when the Workshop is added and the modders start going full ham on the finished product.

The way the game is designed from the ground up? Would not support a cap-less system. You would quickly curbstomp what Larian has in play.

L3d4 #771200 27/04/21 06:45 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by L3d4
First I want to say thank you for fixing the issues in the past. I can’t wait until the full game comes out.

After playing Solasta and other games I realize one thing in common. A level cap.

Just a thought but why can’t we have things respawn and have no level cap.

Respawn parts of the camps with creatures. Respawn the roads. With that and no level cap and I mean let’s just level to level twenty.

I like playing games like this for hundreds of hours. Reward the ones who want to play for longer please.

I do not think it would make sense to have things respawn. That would be a whole another genre, MMORPG type of game. Turn based strategy with no level cap would be like pokemon, to grind exp you would have to do a lot of random encounters or as you said things respawning. Grinding for exp in turn based combats suck I think. It takes way too long for a decent pay out of beating the final boss. They would have to re-design some encounters to fit no level cap as well as improving the skill tree to go beyond level 20. Leveling up to increase only your stats is something no one likes, that's why in mmorpgs higher levels always unlock new skills.

But there are a lot of games like you mentioned if you want to play them. Such as; pokemon, final fantasy 7,10, octopath traveler, there are probably way more games than I can count.

Baldur Gate 3 being a game with no level cap and respawn mechanic would piss a lot of people. Rightfully so as well.

L3d4 #771204 27/04/21 07:30 AM
I agree, respawning enemies only frustrate me. It would be neat if other things took their place. Maybe you clear an area of some bandits. Later, wolves move in. Who knows?

L3d4 #771267 27/04/21 07:35 PM
veteran
veteran
I never enjoyed jRPG grind, so that's a strong "NO" from me. I don't see leveling as worthy goal within itself.

Biggest probablem I see that:
1) DnD system which Larian is adapting has a set level cap, and even at that they are not going to use all 20 levels
2) Unlimited available XP creates a major balance issue - do you expect players to grind, and therefore block actual content behind... well, boring grind? Or do you don't account for grind, so players who untentionally or unintentionally grind have unenjoyable dull experience?

L3d4 #771276 27/04/21 08:15 PM
old hand
old hand
I don't think there should be a grind for this game. That said I am one of the ones who thinks the level cap should be 20 and that the content in the game can allow a party to reach that, even with skipping some quests and fights.

L3d4 #771279 27/04/21 08:17 PM
veteran
veteran
Also nah for respawning for me ...
Cant see any benefit, but many problems. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
L3d4 #771282 27/04/21 08:22 PM
addict
addict
Especially since blood pools never leave. The world would be a crimson mess with respawning enemies.

L3d4 #771290 27/04/21 09:00 PM
veteran
veteran
Respawning a few (or new) ennemies would be very cool to increase the feeling we're in a living world.

But it can be boring if it's too much so I can't imagine a massive respawn everywhere. This would suck according to me a break the immersion even more.

On the other hand 2 or 3 wolves in the wood after 2 or 3 days, a few bandits on the road,... It could also be interresting to meet non hostile characters like a merchant, 2 refugees you met and that gaves you a small quest or something... I don't know but at the moment the world really looks totally frozen and lack the feeling of a "real" world.

Random encounters during fast travel could also solve this feeling but again, it has to be made wisely because even if I like random encounters... I often get bored in games because there are too many of them.

This is more about the quality of the world than the level cap. I'm totally fine with a "low level" cap and I don't have to level up every hours to find a game interresting.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 27/04/21 09:04 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus

Link Copied to Clipboard